• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiryu

I have completed my quest with Kristy for storage probe (3 quest of her so I did all of it)

I am currently doing one guy quest (forgot name) who demands me to do $150k per return

I want to ask to see your map lay out for best miranuim and $$$ possible if that is possible?

I have TOO many mining probes and I never really put them on the map. o.o

Luigi87

Wow, people weren't kidding about lv.30 Skells being a big leap up from the starter Skell. Even though only my MC has one atm (only lv.30 character), clearing out the Beast's Lair is a breeze.

Evilkazz

Banned
Just figured out how to obtain rank 10 in every class super quickly
Postgame only

• Obtain antimatter gun (or any strong AOE superweapon)
  • Get in a heavy Skell with a lot of Skell fuel (antimatter is over 1000 fuel a shot)
  • Head the they very north of Noctilum
  • Fly up to the giant flower and get inside
  • See the lvl 90 bug surrounded by lvl 60 bugs
  • Shoot it with antimatter gun
  • All of the little lvl 60 bugs die in 1 shot
  • Run away, fast travel back and repeat
  • You go up like 1-2 ranks every time

This is also good for training low level Companions later.

Postgame only

• Get in a heavy Skell with a lot of Skell fuel (antimatter is over 1000 fuel a shot)

I still don't know how to get into the flower

the best big guy I food was inside the biggest glow ball in Sylvalum

Chastten

Banned
And then the game stopped working. T_T

It keeps crashing upon trying to load the game. The NLA music starts and bam, game goes back to the introduction screen. Hope my savefile is okay and it's just some weird issue related to todays server stuff.

Postgame only

no need to wait postgame actually.... or using the superweapons
phoenix+few insect augments is enough to kill joker's mob, can even kill joker for 9999/30 if you stacked more of the augments + g-buster

Evilkazz

Banned
no need to wait postgame actually.... or using the superweapons
phoenix+few insect augments is enough to kill joker's mob, can even kill joker for 9999/30 if you stacked more of the augments + g-buster

Quite interesting, I wish I'd thought if it eariler on, would have made grinding to lvl 50/60 much less of a pain.. Will definitely be kept in mind if I ever do a second playthrough.

That's news to me. I thought the flower was always open. I just flew into it and found the bugs.

ok I feel foolish never flew high enough

I was expecting the whole flower to be a monster with those creepy red arms

there is plenty of big things I expected to be structures that just came alive to kill me

Vena

And then the game stopped working. T_T

It keeps crashing upon trying to load the game. The NLA music starts and bam, game goes back to the introduction screen. Hope my savefile is okay and it's just some weird issue related to todays server stuff.

Try cleaning the disc.

zroid

Banned
First the lobster mission, now a trading card quest... I need to stop picking the most annoying quests...

lol so they're actually doing something with those trading cards after all

I was wondering if NPCs kept talking about them for any particular reason :p

Vena

Disc is fine, as is the memory. As far as I can tell at least, Wii U itself isn't giving me any signs there's something wrong with it. Already unplugged the Wii U as well, but nothing works so far.

Uh oh.

Puges are the overzised mechanical ostrich enemies with rayguns mounted onto them, and they're mostly around any Prone strongholds and whatnot.

Those are pugliths. Puges are the humanoid ones.

They have different drop tables.

RagnarokX

This randomly happened last night as I exited my skell...

YXrWCOhh.jpg

Poor Lin needs an adult...

How do you get that stuff?

And what isa a joker?

Pheonix can be bought in stores. You could also get the hexad partican level 30 version from two peas in a pod affinity quest (Hexad Partican is a superweapon. It has an AOE attack that can easily one shot a swarm of small enemies even if they're high level, but it does cost a lot of fuel and use 4 slots)

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Pheonix can be bought in stores. You could also get the hexad partican level 30 version from two peas in a pod affinity quest (Hexad Partican is a superweapon. It has an AOE attack that can easily one shot a swarm of small enemies even if they're high level, but it does cost a lot of fuel and use 4 slots)
Phenoix, Is it a skell or class weapon?

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
So uh, I take it you "have" to equip something on the left and right arm in fashion to hide the left/right arm armor huh? I guess I'm forced to wear those diving arm parts to go with my sleeveless clothing.

If you get to ranking 10 with one of the final classes of a class line, you can carry its two weapons to other classes.

Ah sweet.

Yes but you can't use the arts as the arts are tied to the weapon you are using.

Ah you can't carry arts? darn :/

G pile driver .. I don't see it =(

G-Piledriver is a superweapon. You have to build it yourself. I'm only using the level 30 version, despite having a level 50 skell. It only hits a single target, but I like it since it only uses shoulder slots and not all slots, and one on one the damage is close to or better than Hexad Partican if I get the attack from behind boost

In other news, Just reached max level, level 60 :D.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
G-Piledriver is a superweapon. You have to build it yourself. I'm only using the level 30 version, despite having a level 50 skell. It only hits a single target, but I like it since it only uses shoulder slots and not all slots, and one on one the damage is close to or better than Hexad Partican if I get the attack from behind boost

In other news, Just reached max level, level 60 :D.
I havw it...don't remember creating it .... Is it really a one shoulder weapon? ;(

I am oh well,

Is it under develop new gear?

If so, that's completely empty :(

You learn the development recipes for lvl 30 superweapons after completing the story. For level 50 and 60 versions, they're in chests or mission rewards respectively

That said, the hexad partican superweapon you can get all 3 recipes as well as a free level 30 version by completing the affinity mission "two peas in a pod"

jgwhiteus

Ah you can't carry arts? darn :/

Well, technically you can - arts are tied to weapon types, so if you use the same weapon with a different class, you'll still have access to all the arts for that weapon in your new class.

What you can't do is change both your class and weapon-type, and expect to use something like Longsword arts with a Photon Saber equipped.

Well, technically you can - arts are tied to weapon types, so if you use the same weapon with a different class, you'll still have access to all the arts for that weapon in your new class.

What you can't do is change both your class and weapon-type, and expect to use something like Longsword arts with a Photon Saber equipped.

Also worth noting that classes have stat bonuses and different skill slots, so it might be worth it in some cases to use a class, but neither of its weapons if you're trying to optimize

It's why a lot of people recommend going drifter once you've maxed your class with weapons you want, since drifter is the only class with 5 skill slots, which is considered superior to the stat bonuses by many

Blues1990

Does anybody have a link to those pages from the guide with the collectible locations, I found that way easier to use than the spreadsheet but the image gallery I used was deleted.

I wouldn't mind this myself. The Google Document is great, but I found those maps to be a life saver when scavenging for items during the gathering quests.

jgwhiteus

Also worth noting that classes have stat bonuses and different skill slots, so it might be worth it in some cases to use a class, but neither of its weapons if you're trying to optimize

It's why a lot of people recommend going drifter once you've maxed your class with weapons you want, since drifter is the only class with 5 skill slots, which is considered superior to the stat bonuses by many

Yeah I'm planning on switching to Drifter once Ive finished maxing my (third) class line.

One restriction on keeping weapon arts is you have to use one melee and one ranged... I wanted to use the healing / support arts of the knife / photon saber paired with a damage-dealing Longsword, but that's not allowed.

On that note, what's a good ranged weapon to pair with a physical melee Longsword character? I've been using assault rifle because I like the topple move, but if there's a ranged weapon that has good arts for buffs / debuffs I might try that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom