• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.

JulianImp

Yeah I'm planning on switching to Drifter once Ive finished maxing my (third) class line.

One restriction on keeping weapon arts is you have to use one melee and one ranged... I wanted to use the healing / support arts of the knife / photon saber paired with a damage-dealing Longsword, but that's not allowed.

On that note, what's a good ranged weapon to pair with a physical melee Longsword character? I've been using assault rifle because I like the topple move, but if there's a ranged weapon that has good arts for buffs / debuffs I might try that.

Most raygun arts hit all enemies in front of you, and the weapon has access to virus, blackout and debuff res down (I think the mind control and servant sacrifice moves are also raygun-related, but I don't know if they're actually attached to knives instead). For offensive moves, you get a gravity-based topple, two multihit beams that deal a lot more damage if you have an aura active, a party-wide gravity-resistance aura and maybe some other thing I might be forgetting right now.

I'm still levelling up other classes besides Mastermind, so I'm not sure about other weapon types.

Vena

jgwhiteus

Most raygun arts hit all enemies in front of you, and the weapon has access to virus, blackout and debuff res down (I think the mind control and servant sacrifice moves are also raygun-related, but I don't know if they're actually attached to knives instead). For offensive moves, you get a gravity-based topple, two multihit beams that deal a lot more damage if you have an aura active, a party-wide gravity-resistance aura and maybe some other thing I might be forgetting right now.

I'm still levelling up other classes besides Mastermind, so I'm not sure about other weapon types.

Thanks - Mastermind happens to be the class I'm currently working on (and the last I'll max), so I'll probably switch over to Raygun once I have access to the "better" arts and some BP to spare.

By the way... does anyone know if it's worth it to keep switching classes even after you've maxed the ones you want because you earn BP with each class rank upgrade, or is the amount of BP you earn inconsequential?

Funny how getting a skell license requires zero actual skell knowledge or hands-on practice. Just gather some random items and kill a few innocent animals, and you're ready to pilot a giant transforming mech.

Accepting an affinity quest and seeing that it sends me to Cauldros when I barely even touched Sylvalum (and that swimming took long enough). How do I avoid all these enemies double my level with red eye icons. ;;
O well I had just saved before it so I reset, there's no way to cancel an aff quest is there? I guess I should advance the story a bit or do basic quests.

JulianImp

Funny how getting a skell license requires zero actual skell knowledge or hands-on practice. Just gather some random items and kill a few innocent animals, and you're ready to pilot a giant transforming mech.

Yup. I was definitely expecting that they'd give me a test skell and have me fight a training dummy with it inside the huge hangar in the industrial district, but no.

I haven't even tried asigning skells to side characters besides Elma and Lin yet but I guess you can, which is funny because you can just go and get L his own mech to pilot even though he had nothing to do with you passing the test and isn't even a member of BLADE AFAIK.Scouts not bringing their own skells along feels a bit weird as well (unless they do and I just happened to scout people who didn't have one yet).

Shahadan

Accepting an affinity quest and seeing that it sends me to Cauldros when I barely even touched Sylvalum (and that swimming took long enough). How do I avoid all these enemies double my level with red eye icons. ;;
O well I had just saved before it so I reset, there's no way to cancel an aff quest is there? I guess I should advance the story a bit or do basic quests.

The destination is written before you accept the quest btw.
You could just run there are aways low level zones here and there. Better thing to do is to wait until you get a skell. You can just speed through shit with a skell.

JulianImp

Still, there is an area in Cauldros that's actually at around level 35, so maybe the game was trying to send you there rather than to the areas with ridiculously overleveled enemies?

Mupod

My current build has 7900 max tp. Overdrive for days!

it feels like it took me half the game to make my single +25 second overdrive augment but +3000 TP ones aren't too hard. But it's crazy fun with dual guns + longsword. Charge into a group of enemies, buff up offensive stance and critical power, and just go insane with true stream edge, tornado slash, blossom dance etc. I outdamage my Skell easily and I don't even have Full Metal Jaguar skills unlocked yet to make it really nuts.

Insaniac

what counts as "exploring" an area like to activate the next chapter? I thought it was placing data probes, but I've covered most of Noctilum but only at 13%

it feels like it took me half the game to make my single +25 second overdrive augment but +3000 TP ones aren't too hard. But it's crazy fun with dual guns + longsword. Charge into a group of enemies, buff up offensive stance and critical power, and just go insane with true stream edge, tornado slash, blossom dance etc. I outdamage my Skell easily and I don't even have Full Metal Jaguar skills unlocked yet to make it really nuts.

I don't have blossom dance yet (Working on my affinity with the char as we speak) But other than that it's pretty much my setup

The destination is written before you accept the quest btw.
You could just run there are aways low level zones here and there. Better thing to do is to wait until you get a skell. You can just speed through shit with a skell.

Ah, yea, I didn't realize you could see the location, and a skell would make this travelling much easier indeed.

Still, there is an area in Cauldros that's actually at around level 35, so maybe the game was trying to send you there rather than to the areas with ridiculously overleveled enemies?

Yea, the quest was for lvl 21 which i barely reached, and the rest of my team is at 20 so it was a lil' on the edge already. But it's ok, I'm gonna do some story quests now and try and get my skell game on point.

zroid

Banned
what counts as "exploring" an area like to activate the next chapter? I thought it was placing data probes, but I've covered most of Noctilum but only at 13%

Data probes is one thing but that only covers the map segments with probe sites. To survey the other segments you need to kill tyrants, collect treasure, and complete normal/affinity missions that occur there.

When a segment gets a gold shield on the map that means you've completely surveyed it

It's a unique art for a certain character
Nagi
. You learn it through his affinity mission (You get his first art, true stream edge, from the affinity mission where he joins you)

thanks

been really neglecting new party members all 200 hours of playing smh

I just play as Elma and keep Lin around as my tank and use who I am forced to use to move the chapters along

going to see who I can use during my 50 to 60 grind

thanks

been really neglecting new party members all 200 hours of playing smh

I just play as Elma and keep Lin around as my tank and use who I am forced to use to move the chapters along

going to see who I can use during my 50 to 60 grind

What about the last slot? I typically always use elma and Lin as well, but you can have 4 party members

Malus

The Skell fight module quest was the first time I did proper grinding (respawning the enemies) after a little over 60 hours.

Dunno why they make you do it alone though.

JulianImp

Yea, the quest was for lvl 21 which i barely reached, and the rest of my team is at 20 so it was a lil' on the edge already. But it's ok, I'm gonna do some story quests now and try and get my skell game on point.

Remember that you can always pretend you're playing Metal Gear Solid and sneak past most enemies. A mission in particular had me infiltrate an area full of level 50 enemies, but it was okay since the targets I was supposed to take down were level 19. For one of the targets in particular my teammates ended up alerting several really scary enemies, but since I was able to defeat the target before the lv50 guys wiped me out I still got to keep the item the quest was asking for.

Mupod

The Skell fight module quest was the first time I did proper grinding (respawning the enemies) after a little over 60 hours.

Dunno why they make you do it alone though.

it's kinda weird yeah. If it was more than 1 drop I would have abandoned the quest and just farmed the enemies in a group before picking it up again.

Also, not useful on that quest, but my trick for respawning enemies in the middle of nowhere - 'return to skell' menu option respawns stuff when you load back in. So you can drop it off nearby as a mobile respawn or just hop out of it.

KingBroly

Banned
I need to find the Affinity Quest that's required for Chapter 6.

I was trying forever to get 25% in Noctilim before I realized I only needed 20% >_<

Fandangox

I need to find the quest to get the last to stores open who ever I need to find to move to NLA before I do chapter 12

Which ones are you missing?

Factory 1.21 starts with a basic mission quest on the quest center, by an NPC named Professor B.

Six Stars you need to do two affinity missions, I think they are prospective partners and a new challenger approaching.

You probably have the Orpheans already.

Shahadan

Factory 1.21 starts with a basic mission quest on the quest center, by an NPC named Professor B.

Oh.
I already sent him back, will I still get that mission?

Also King Snake joined my squad! Hi Kingsnake!
get to work I need tickets

Mupod

The Skell flight music sounds like something I'd hear on the radio while driving.

I unironically enjoy it

but I don't want to listen to it for like 4 hours straight like I ended up doing with the Noctilum theme during that one goddamn quest.

Six Stars you need to do two affinity missions, I think they are prospective partners and a new challenger approaching.

You probably have the Orpheans already.

those are the 2 I wanted thanks that helps
that B dude took his time machine so he is coming back to this time?
what a strange game this is

Most of the times playing this game I just turn on my own music, some of the music is good, some is awful but all of it is looped too much.

Fandangox

those are the 2 I wanted thanks that helps
that B dude took his time machine so he is coming back to this time?
what a strange game this is

yeah the fact that there's
alien Doc Brown with bootleg Delorean is amazing.
but you will get another quest, if you have advanced enough, it should start with his assistant.

Evilkazz

Banned
What weapon combinations are you using? After getting multiple classes to rank 10 you can mix and match whatever ranged/melee weapons you want.

Currently considering Dual guns/Knife and Assault Rifle/Photon Sword.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom