• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.
What weapon combinations are you using? After getting multiple classes to rank 10 you can mix and match whatever ranged/melee weapons you want.

Currently considering Dual guns/Knife and Assault Rifle/Photon Sword.

I had used dual swords/psycho launcher but honestly I'd just tell people to stick with dual guns, especially for TP building. Psycho launchers has more damage dealing but i needed to build TP and I messed up.

Mupod

What weapon combinations are you using? After getting multiple classes to rank 10 you can mix and match whatever ranged/melee weapons you want.

dual guns/longsword and melee overdrive build. Pretty much only ability I actively use from the dual guns side is Primer, plus one ranged ability to trigger soul voices. The important part here is that FMJ gets some really good critical and overdrive-related skills.

Assault rifle works great on any melee build as well, because you can use the Ramjet Rifle from Alexa's questline. Does shit all damage but generates TP fast. It also has two melee attacks that use the butt of the rifle, a knockdown and a stun.

There is an online mission with nothing but infinitely respawning dancing birds (the ones with the trumpet horns), we couldn't figure out how to stop it and we lost with a time out.
You must be swimming in demonic and sky jewels after that. Go find some dull stones (off Lepyx) and make yourself some treasure sensor V augments :p

btw is it just me or is it really hard to chain Research Probes? I have 3 G1s which I chained, but literally every other Research Probe I have is in a tier of its own. No duplicates at all. Maybe I'm just not finding the right treasure locations.
The combo boost isn't the big thing for revenue for research as good spots are scattered around the world outside of oblivia where the best spot should have a duplicator stuck on it for maximum return

I am currently doing one guy quest (forgot name) who demands me to do $150k per return

I want to ask to see your map lay out for best miranuim and $$$ possible if that is possible?

I have TOO many mining probes and I never really put them on the map. o.o
Wasn't it 130k? Boosters and duplicators in western Oblivia is what really brings thew cash in. A lazy, quick example:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=188960285&postcount=11451
It is possible to revise that and bring in over 200k. Of course all sightseeing spots discovered for that region.

Miranium is tougher as the game barely gives you enough storage probes (and gives you them slowly) for 100k capacity (I think you have to use duplicators and boosters too to even get that far) which is needed to make a post-game Skell. You'll probably also want to put storage into central Noctolim due to being a poor location for other things.

Mining probes are worth placing down even if you're full capacity at least on sites that give items as those items are used to craft augments.

Any idea where can I find the shiny lamp in Noctilum? Found the spirit wand western Sylvalum waters near an small island.
Only found in caves and second rarest cave item so the best spot is that one with the sleeping giant tyrant in it as that has tonnes of collectibles (you'll get aggro'd by tonnes of stuff going into it but will be safe once you make it in plus there is a FN site for easy travel back). Getting to it involves going to the top of the one of the trees and taking a footbridge along to a cliff.

So do I have to find the yellow hint before I can do a heart to heart? I got one for Lin's 2nd one, but I can't find one for the first, even after roaming the city. I tried going to the industrial district outfit test hangar alone to try to find her, but she's not there. I have 3 hearts filled with her, and surely Chapter 6 is far enough for her first one. Anyone happen to know where the yellow hint for it is at?

Mupod

So do I have to find the yellow hint before I can do a heart to heart? I got one for Lin's 2nd one, but I can't find one for the first, even after roaming the city. I tried going to the industrial district outfit test hangar alone to try to find her, but she's not there. I have 3 hearts filled with her, and surely Chapter 6 is far enough for her first one. Anyone happen to know where the yellow hint for it is at?

Nope. There's a google doc somewhere on gamefaqs I've been using that has all the H2H locations.

Nope. There's a google doc somewhere on gamefaqs I've been using that has all the H2H locations.

Yeah, I was going by this. Hm, then I wonder what I'm doing wrong. Not seeing Lin there at the time. What does the "Flight Time" mean above the location the doc specifies? Is it a necessary prerequisite quest for it?

Edit: Wow, I'm bad. I didn't know there was a door there that was openable. Found her.

Lexxism

Only found in caves and second rarest cave item so the best spot is that one with the sleeping giant tyrant in it as that has tonnes of collectibles (you'll get aggro'd by tonnes of stuff going into it but will be safe once you make it in plus there is a FN site for easy travel back). Getting to it involves going to the top of the one of the trees and taking a footbridge along to a cliff.
Sweet. I finally got one! Used shadow runner and got all the treasures without the tyrant waking up :D

JulianImp

Sweet. I finally got one! Used shadow runner and got all the treasures without the tyrant waking up :D

The tyrant only reacts to skells though, so you're fine running around it since both it and the giant enemy crabs don't attack unless provoked. There're lots of annoying bugs along the way, but nothing that a G-buster hit or two can't solve.

I use AR/PS, but I'm looking to dump AR. The only thing AR really brings to the table is a cheap topple, which gets resisted a lot on anything not staggered, or at level or higher mobs.

Photon Sword can dish out some obscene damage, just make sure you get the Art from Samurai Gunner that rewards TP anytime a melee art is used. Once I got that in my build I was able to use TP arts just about anytime I wanted to (something Gknight normally struggles with.)

Some Nobody

Yo, who the hell said this game wasn't good. I put six hours in yesterday and can't stop thinking about it today (downloading a data pack atm). This thing is crack. Everyone who said it wasn't raise your hand so I can disregard your opinion now, and forever and ever, amen. Lol.

But yeah srsly, I'm on chapter 3 and loving this thing. Great stuff, and I'm just barely getting started. I love how meticulous the world-building is.

Jisgsaw

I use AR/PS, but I'm looking to dump AR. The only thing AR really brings to the table is a cheap topple, which gets resisted a lot on anything not staggered, or at level or higher mobs.

Photon Sword can dish out some obscene damage, just make sure you get the Art from Samurai Gunner that rewards TP anytime a melee art is used. Once I got that in my build I was able to use TP arts just about anytime I wanted to (something Gknight normally struggles with.)

Higher damage than a charged Hundred Shells from the back, with Shadowrunner active and skills that boost back art attacks and criticals?
(just asking, I'm curious, I maxed full jaguar and am working toward GKnight)

Wiseblade

Higher damage than a charged Hundred Shells from the back, with Shadowrunner active and skills that boost back art attacks and criticals?
Looking at GKnight Skills, it looks like they do damage by chaining melee skills together rather than stacking damage multipliers the way FMJs do.

Yo, who the hell said this game wasn't good. I put six hours in yesterday and can't stop thinking about it today (downloading a data pack atm). This thing is crack. Everyone who said it wasn't raise your hand so I can disregard your opinion now, and forever and ever, amen. Lol.

But yeah srsly, I'm on chapter 3 and loving this thing. Great stuff, and I'm just barely getting started. I love how meticulous the world-building is.

take your time side quests are amazing in this game

i am kinda sad that I am at level 50 right now and can reach the end

Vena

GKnigtht can reach obscene damage, yes. Rondo and Cataclysm have some obscene scaling. It has complimentary damage boosting Aura as well... Though I prefer Gunforce for the SC reduction.

GKnight is a chain class.

Qurupeke

I can confirm that at least the upper part of the bunny suit is not censored. I'll probably have the down part tomorrow and then I'll start working for the whole body suit.

Frodo

Finishing the Skell licence test was at the same time a great high and also a big bummer when I realised I still can't
fly

On to chapter 9.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
I have 2 skills at level 4 but the only off the record quest showing up is not mechanical.

Any way to force the mechanical to show up?

zroid

Banned
I still can't f'ing find Elma's first heart to heart. I found her 2nd, 3rd, and 4th already. :|

on another note, I never realized till now that there were clues to where the scenic locations are in the achievement list. helped me find a couple already.

Squishy3

I still can't f'ing find Elma's first heart to heart. I found her 2nd, 3rd, and 4th already. :|

on another note, I never realized till now that there were clues to where the scenic locations are in the achievement list. helped me find a couple already.

Nvm, woof has the right one.

??

First heart to heart is in the industrial district right next to the west gate during morning I believe.

tizaffy

Neo Member
Question regarding augments. Do i have to do certain quests to unlock them or do they just appear over time?

Also i STILL dont have a clue how to use / extend overdrive properly. Please somebody teach me / show me a walkthrough.

So as someone who has never really gotten into JRPGs for most the part, should I get this game? I love RPGs. I like most games to be honest. Everything that I have read is saying I will probably like it, but for some reason I am still hesitant. I've played so many great RPGs this year that I don't want my expectation to ruin something that is somewhat different.

So as someone who has never really gotten into JRPGs for most the part, should I get this game? I love RPGs. I like most games to be honest. Everything that I have read is saying I will probably like it, but for some reason I am still hesitant. I've played so many great RPGs this year that I don't want my expectation to ruin something that is somewhat different.
Just do it

Frodo

Anyone know the way to beat
the 3 Skells in chapter 5
?

I don't know if I was over levelled or not, but it wasn't a though fight. Did you upgrade your arts, are using your skills slots (you can also upgrade your skills) and have you tried changing classes or gears?

Overall I just kept using soul voices to heal and overdrive. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Question regarding augments. Do i have to do certain quests to unlock them or do they just appear over time?

Also i STILL dont have a clue how to use / extend overdrive properly. Please somebody teach me / show me a walkthrough.
I think they appear once you get the first material required once

Evilkazz

Banned
Just bothered to check in with Elenora and get my final Blade lvl up.

Just unlocked posters. Sadly they're a bit more limited then I would have liked. Wish we got a poster for every skell. I guess swimsuit models will do.

lxuHQno.jpg

best game on Wii U right now

if you own a U get X

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD

The game has its issues. The exploration is fantastic and overworld is built very nicely. But one aspect I enjoy about RPGs is likable characters and at the very least, a serviceable story. If story and characters are important to you I would wait for a sale. If you only care about leveling, combat, and exploration then go ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom