• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.
So as someone who has never really gotten into JRPGs for most the part, should I get this game? I love RPGs. I like most games to be honest. Everything that I have read is saying I will probably like it, but for some reason I am still hesitant. I've played so many great RPGs this year that I don't want my expectation to ruin something that is somewhat different.

Your expectations can't ruin a game more than not playing it, even if it doesn't work out.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I'm at about 41% total, I haven't been doing much exploring in Caldros so that's killing my average. I'm above 50% everywhere else.

My total survey rate is currently 91.60%.
Speaking of which, does anyone have any tips or guides to fighting Telethia the Endbringer? I need to kill him for a quest....
Edit: I'm pretty sure this is the last quest i have to do. If not one of the last ones.
From what I heard the quest only requires taking out 5% of it's hp. Hence why the info for telethia says (must be killed outside a mission)

NeonZ

Anyone know the way to beat
the 3 Skells in chapter 5
?

Are you using your skill slots? Also, beam weapons should work better against them. Try to stay on the back of one of them too. I went from being unable to destroy a single one of them to finishing the battle without lowering the difficulty just by changing my equipment and actually upgrading skills.

From what I heard the quest only requires taking out 5% of it's hp. Hence why the info for telethia says (must be killed outside a mission)

No, this isn't that mission. This is a completely different normal mission that has killing it as an optional objective. I could choose to not kill it, but i may as well take out two birds with one stone.

Just bothered to check in with Elenora and get my final Blade lvl up.

Just unlocked posters. Sadly they're a bit more limited then I would have liked. Wish we got a poster for every skell. I guess swimsuit models will do.

lxuHQno.jpg

omg phog

Is that the Japanese name translated? Because the name sounds like it would be the flight module quest, which is "a girl's wings" in the NA version
No, that's what that quest was called in Japanese too. When you finish a h2h, the name of the conversation pops up on the screen. Didn't the first game also have something like?

Vena

Yeah, I might actually try to wear the list down a little if there are only so many. If they'll just infinitely spawn, no thanks.

They are endless I believe, except the special ones that unlock normal missions (they usually tell you to find someone in the city or elsewhere, rather than Kill X or Gather Y). They obviously eventually run out. The truly basic quests just cycle over and over, and I don't think they have any limit.

Once again. Are squad quests one per 32 member squads?

Oftentimes squad missions will be grayed out with the text this mission has already been undertaken by your squad. Even a mission available will sometimes get grayed out and get this message.

Sadist

So, does anyone have a good Natsav set-up for paying out Miranium and credits? And of course, are you willing to share this info?

And man, I finally got my flying skell! Sooooo good.

They are endless I believe, except the special ones that unlock normal missions (they usually tell you to find someone in the city or elsewhere, rather than Kill X or Gather Y). They obviously eventually run out. The truly basic quests just cycle over and over, and I don't think they have any limit.

Hmm, thanks. Of the really basic ones I guess I'll just keep taking only the ones that reward you with some interesting clothing or whatever. And the Tyrant bounties; those are fun.

Once again. Are squad quests one per 32 member squads?

Oftentimes squad missions will be grayed out with the text this mission has already been undertaken by your squad. Even a mission available will sometimes get grayed out and get this message.
One mission per task completed so a max of 5 in the duration.

If there is no invitation message one of your squadmates is an asshat who bought their party along rather than opening it for others and waiting a few minutes for a room to fill.

Vena

Hmm, thanks. Of the really basic ones I guess I'll just keep taking only the ones that reward you with some interesting clothing or whatever. And the Tyrant bounties; those are fun.

I think the basics repeat infinitely so that there's an infinite source of the casual clothes. That way you can't accidentally destroy it forever.

One mission per task completed so a max of 5 in the duration.

If there is no invitation message one of your squadmates is an asshat who bought their party along rather than opening it for others and waiting a few minutes for a room to fill.

Thanks for the response.

That seems dumb. Usually only two or three missions are unlocked. So only 12 players out of 32 get a chance to go one one mission?

Especially when they give crafting items and those tickets.

I've been doing them just with my NPC's because it's just easier for me.

I've also asked this question for several days now and you're the only one to answer.

So, Telethia
in phase 2 puts up some sort of spike/aura that is dealing ~2k damage to every second. Anyone know which augment is supposed to stop this? The fight is actually impossible without a counter to this.

royox

Any tips for leveling up low lvl characters? X, Elma, Lin and Doug are lvl46-44 but the others are in the 30's or lower and it's a pain in the ass.

Sadist

Oh crap, I meant Frontier Nav: I'm going to re-install all of my probes, does anyone have good tips (or maps) where to put those probs for a lot of cash/miranium?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Thanks for the response.

That seems dumb. Usually only two or three missions are unlocked. So only 12 players out of 32 get a chance to go one one mission?

Especially when they give crafting items and those tickets.

I've been doing them just with my NPC's because it's just easier for me.

I've also asked this question for several days now and you're the only one to answer.

The crafting items can also be bought with tickets. All you need to do is squad quests to get them.

R.D.Blax

No, this isn't that mission. This is a completely different normal mission that has killing it as an optional objective. I could choose to not kill it, but i may as well take out two birds with one stone.

Well, good luck with taking him out, last time I checked it has only be defeated 8 time in all EU

Any tips for leveling up low lvl characters? X, Elma, Lin and Doug are lvl46-44 but the others are in the 30's or lower and it's a pain in the ass.

Use skells, fight high level enemies that are small and die easily. Skells don't depend on character level beyond the minimum requirements, so they're great. And remember, dead characters still gain exp after a battle

Oh crap, I meant Frontier Nav: I'm going to re-install all of my probes, does anyone have good tips (or maps) where to put those probs for a lot of cash/miranium?
What do you want to maximize? Cash or miranium? And what probes do you have up? Many use oblivia as their money center, but I personally make over 300 k using cauldros for money, but that only works if you've gotten all the cauldros data probes installed

Messed with some of the squad missions online. They're fun but it's really hard to get a full group.

Also regretting naming my character after myself (Jenna) instead of my online handle to make myself recognizable. Ah well!

ChrisD

*Mental note to clear Mission list when I get back on*

Thanks for the reply.

I wouldn't even mind it if there was some symbol to show what repeats and what doesn't. It's obvious which is which with this in mind, just by checking the requirements. It'd certainly be easier to filter things out with a symbol though..

Sadist

What do you want to maximize? Cash or miranium? And what probes do you have up? Many use oblivia as their money center, but I personally make over 300 k using cauldros for money, but that only works if you've gotten all the cauldros data probes installed
I've discovered Cauldros just now, only 2%, so I'll have to work on it.

Right now I think I want as much money as possible. Maybe enough miranium as well. I removed all my probes right now, starting something new. For example, does it matter where you put the storage, dupilcator or booster probes? If so, what are good locations for those probes?

I've discovered Cauldros just now, only 2%, so I'll have to work on it.

Right now I think I want as much money as possible. Maybe enough miranium as well. I removed all my probes right now, starting something new. For example, does it matter where you put the storage, dupilcator or booster probes? If so, what are good locations for those probes?

Put duplicator probes on spaces with a lot of connections. Same with boosters if possible, though prioritize putting a booster next to a duplicator. Make sure you have sightseeing spots when possible, and try not to put boosters on places with them, since they increase revenue of research probes a ton (and duplicator probes if they're next to a research probe as well).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom