• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malus

Can't stop taking miiverse picks of Sylvalum.

edit: Flying around really gives me a greater appreciation for how varied and cool looking all the terrain is.

R00bot

Someone help me with the final boss?

I've gotten to the chimeras at the end, but they killed all my skells. I'm now left skell-less and unable to even get close to defeating them all. I've even lowered the difficulty to no avail. I don't want to have to do the whole chapter again but it looks like I might have to.

Not_Mario

Neo Member
Someone help me with the final boss?

I've gotten to the chimeras at the end, but they killed all my skells. I'm now left skell-less and unable to even get close to defeating them all. I've even lowered the difficulty to no avail. I don't want to have to do the whole chapter again but it looks like I might have to.

to get past that I reset the game and bought my Skell an AOE weapon that took them all out immediately. Annoying, but it made that part of the boss last a second.

R00bot

to get past that I reset the game and bought my Skell an AOE weapon that took them all out immediately. Annoying, but it made that part of the boss last a second.

It's all good, I came back and did it again. This time I managed to keep three skells alive, we got through the monsters in mere seconds. I guess the skells really did make a slight balancing issue...

Mistle

bought my first new skell, heavy... can attest to it being strong. just one shot sniped a enemy about 5+ levels above me haha. this is great.

Vena

bought my first new skell, heavy... can attest to it being strong. just one shot sniped a enemy about 5+ levels above me haha. this is great.

Go fight anything that uses Gravity attacks (which is everything thats bigger than you or meant to be hard).

Come back, I'll have some tissues for your tears.
I seem to be in the minority but I like the look of the heavy skells better too, once you paint them properly.

They look pretty cool, I just don't like their bulk.

Evilkazz

Banned
I live to be bold and unexpected
i32KyLQ.jpg

Wait. . .

This was my brilliant plan? The fuck?

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Wow that ch 10 boss wrecked my lvl 40 triple smell team. Not sure how to approach this one since you have to pay for smell repair fees each time.

Malus

Ohhh...so that's why we had those affinity missions with Shingo lol. At least he had some purpose and wasn't just "Random cat dude intruding on my Affinity mission with Gwin."

Diablos54

Finally got a heavy Skell! Now I've got a light one (the starter) a normal and a heavy! Now to get one more heavy and I'm set. At least until level 50 haha.

Haunted

Wow that ch 10 boss wrecked my lvl 40 triple smell team. Not sure how to approach this one since you have to pay for smell repair fees each time.
I got wrecked at lvl 43, barely didn't make it at lvl 46 and just said fuck it and did other stuff until 50 and getting a next tier Skell for myself, letting the old Skells trickle down to my team.

Felt good fucking the boss up. Some of these level 50 weapons are bonkers.

where are all these fucking lobsters?

:/
I think the more important question is how much do you respect yourself and your time.

Because if there's any shred of self-worth left in you you just skip doing that garbage collection shit and enjoy the rest of the game.

zroid

Banned
LOL so you get a Spherical EM Motor as a reward for finishing the Murderess recruitment mission? why the fuck did i spend so long looking for one in Noctilum (and not succeeding)?!

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS

when the fodder appear kill them
Also look for the places to target there are some round things outside of the boss
Also, this helps

beat part 1 boss

Use emergency escape when part 2 happens

Save

Fight part 2

BY2K

Membero Americo
Post Chapter 8 reactions.

Lao
don't. Don't you dare.

God help me, DON'T YOU DARE BE ONE.

FOR GOD'S SAKE,
LAO
!

Diablos54

Post Chapter 8 reactions.

Lao
don't. Don't you dare.

God help me, DON'T YOU DARE BE ONE.

FOR GOD'S SAKE,
LAO
!
Wait... I just did a normal mission about a spy... I know that this is a point of no return of a sort... Noooooooooo whyyyyyy?!?!

Seiru

Banned
I've only completed chapter 5, and I've maxed out the Galactic Knight tree. Anybody else further into the game try to level up multiple trees of classes? To be a completionist or just to try different things? I tried to start doing that, but the ramp up time to learn all the arts and the BP required to level them is really putting me off. And you have to rethink all your equipment too, etc. This would be much easier if I just stuck with Galactic Knight, but I feel like I'd be missing out of I didn't try other classes.

Then again, it sucks that I'm having trouble with an affinity mission because I'm a shitty psycorruptor and can't seem to depend on my team for damage.

Malus

Flight music is growing on me. Taking on random enemies in the air is freaking awesome and it feels so dynamic. Its great getting to know these maps a 2nd time flying to all the high vantage points, and spotting some areas to travel to on foot for later.

Running around NLA doing random Normal quests. They're pretty damn interesting. Also I've never let the title screen run before because I didn't want location spoilers, it's really pretty :').

I've only completed chapter 5, and I've maxed out the Galactic Knight tree. Anybody else further into the game try to level up multiple trees of classes? To be a completionist or just to try different things? I tried to start doing that, but the ramp up time to learn all the arts and the BP required to level them is really putting me off. And you have to rethink all your equipment too, etc. This would be much easier if I just stuck with Galactic Knight, but I feel like I'd be missing out of I didn't try other classes.

Then again, it sucks that I'm having trouble with an affinity mission because I'm a shitty psycorruptor and can't seem to depend on my team for damage.

I've completed 3 trees so far, and am working on the 4th

jonjonaug

Once you max out a class you can use the weapons from it even while in another class. Mixing skills from different classes can really improve your character in ways that other party members can't even come remotely close to.

Regiruler

Every time you see an avatar whose skills and arts are level 1, and the rank is above 3, take a drink.
So for NPCs in your team, you have to equip their arts for them to use them right?

Correct. Think of the computer playing the set character.
The original xenoblade was like this as well, making some miniboss fights (essentially tyrants, but they weren't called that back then) a pain to set up for.

Dugna

Every time you see an avatar whose skills and arts are level 1, and the rank is above 3, take a drink.

Correct. Think of the computer playing the set character.
The original xenoblade was like this as well, making some miniboss fights (essentially tyrants, but they weren't called that back then) a pain to set up for.

Yep, skills too

alright was thinking for some reason that you could switch to them sometime later and use that set for yourself, thanks.

JulianImp

Thank the Bionis that this game doesn't have ultra-damaging terrain that makes your whole party want to dive in it to hit a random enemy and dying in the process... yet.

I fear for what's going to happen once I'm hanging around Cauldros' lava pits...

Kyzon

Thank the Bionis that this game doesn't have ultra-damaging terrain that makes your whole party want to dive in it to hit a random enemy and dying in the process... yet.

I fear for what's going to happen once I'm hanging around Cauldros' lava pits...

That's exactly what's happening

Haunted

600/1200 dmg per second ticks once your party's on foot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom