• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmizzal

How do i get survey 10% Mira?

I'm on this part as well, im trying to open chapter 8, it says on the gamepad that my survey rate is 14.74 but yet level conditions are not met

What am I missing?

Also anybody anywhere online that shows where each part member is located on the map that I can recruit

Kiryu

When you max a class, you can use its weapons with another class, and thus its weapon-related arts.
I honestly did not know that...

I am lvl 41 with my max duelist rank... I just thought at level 50. I may could get "Duelist+" like others (Gwin Samurai Gunner+) :(

random25

whats the best way to grind to level 30 for chapter 8?

Ride your skell. Equip with claymore thing that has an art that is weak against insectiods. Look for high level insectiods (lvl40+) like fat spiders in eastern parts of Oblivia or tons somewhere in Noctilum and destroy them with ease. Should make you level 30 or higher with a few kills.

Luigi87

Got this from my work
7buHUHc.jpg

There's no way to screw up the May sidequest in Oblivia right? I'm at the part where I need to get antlers.

Also to the above poster I am insanely jealous. Looks really great with no text.

I will eventually get some game related display stand in my life. It is a goal.

Squishy3

I'm on this part as well, im trying to open chapter 8, it says on the gamepad that my survey rate is 14.74 but yet level conditions are not met

What am I missing?

Also anybody anywhere online that shows where each part member is located on the map that I can recruit
There's a overalls survey rate when you zoom out to where you select the regions you want to view, you're probably looking at specific region survey rates

jonjonaug

Yeah but then you can't use the new arts right, because they're labeled with different weapons?

Right. Arts are attached to weapon types (because most rely on that weapon type in the animation and how the skills work, combining something like thousand shells with a longsword would break the game even more than it is already), skills can be equipped no matter your build.

TheGrue

How do you know where to actually find the targets of each bit of the squad tasks? I want to do them, but I'm not sure where to go to find the targets.

ugoo18

What's the drop rate on Jacul Greenfeathers and do i need to break a specific body part for it?

Seems like the only breakable parts are the tail, back and horn/beak thing.

Golnei

Most of the times playing this game I just turn on my own music, some of the music is good, some is awful but all of it is looped too much.

Despite liking the area themes themselves, I'm really starting to miss the 4-minute loops from Xenoblade as well. Since the environments in this game are even bigger (even Skells and the increased on-foot movement speed don't completely trivialise them); having shorter loops for the area music wasn't the best choice. Blame Sawano.

-Horizon-

These areas are too dang big! Lol that's not a bad thing but boy is it daunting when I opened up Oblivia and Noctilum. I barely scratched the entrance of each one and there's still 2 more? Mah gawd.

Regiruler

Mastermind is the dirtiest thing ever when it actually works. Really fun to play though.

The barrier is rediculous, and I'm surprised how successful brainjack is at resolving, although granted that's subterfuge doing its job. Wish allies wouldn't wake up sleeping mobs though since I'm the only one that can attack without waking everything on the planet.

Bah, start of Chapter 8
3 party limit strikes! This would be the perfect mission to throw one of the online player BLADEs into your party since it's supposed to be a united defense, and they even have that resource available, but they don't let you do that because of the 3 party limit for the mission. :(

These areas are too dang big! Lol that's not a bad thing but boy is it daunting when I opened up Oblivia and Noctilum. I barely scratched the entrance of each one and there's still 2 more? Mah gawd.
Things speed up considerably once you get Skells (even the non-flight variations have very strong travel capabilities.)

Seiru

Banned
Right. Arts are attached to weapon types (because most rely on that weapon type in the animation and how the skills work, combining something like thousand shells with a longsword would break the game even more than it is already), skills can be equipped no matter your build.

So what's the point in unlocking those weapons no matter what your class is?

BriGuy

I've spent the last two hours hunting for the single beagala squash I need to complete the Skell license and I've never had less fun with a game. There are apparently two locations in Oblivia to find them. One is many, many grids away that I have no hope of reaching before the inevitable thunderstorm shows up and kills me. And what a great mechanic that is, huh? Just something that whittles away your health until you die so you can respawn several minutes back where you came from. But I digress.

I found two of these stupid fucking (but apparently oh so important) squashes in a cave seemingly at random, but the game apparently doesn't want to give me the third. Nope, instead I just run in and out of this stupid fucking cave triggering fights with stupid fucking insects that are a dozen stupid fucking levels below me and pose no threat or benefit or fun in fighting, but they sure can waste my time!

Up until this point, I've enjoyed the game despite its many, many flaws, but I'm going to be hard pressed to boot it up again. I think back on all the great times I had playing Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy 3 way back when and then I realize that that this, this, is the current state of JRPGs and I just feel like weeping. Fuck you Xenoblade.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
So what's the point in unlocking those weapons no matter what your class is?

You can mix and match and set up a build that's better than any of the preset ones. For example, I'm using longsword/sniper rifle and the burst damage is straight up insane, I'm level 41 and I'm getting over 15k crits on each of Incendiary Edge's three blows and absolutely monster Aftermath crits as a result of combining Offensive Stance and Hawkeye.

Shahadan

How do you know where to actually find the targets of each bit of the squad tasks? I want to do them, but I'm not sure where to go to find the targets.

L+R to see the names of the targets. Then you could use the enemy index to know where to find the species, assuming you've already killed one of those.

Arttemis

Wow, this game is not very welcoming to newbies. I didn't play the previous game, so I'm apparently at a disadvantage. Played for over an hour and just found New Los Angeles.

I don't know what the qte ring is, or why it shifts me from ranged to melee. I don't know what any of my stats mean. I feel more clueless than I am in Souls games.

The combat isn't so bad, though. I was initially dreading this game because I thought it would be some ATB system from hell, but it's not. It's like an MMO world with MMO combat, but filled with JRPG content.

Shahadan

I've spent the last two hours hunting for the single beagala squash I need to complete the Skell license and I've never had less fun with a game. There are apparently two locations in Oblivia to find them. One is many, many grids away that I have no hope of reaching before the inevitable thunderstorm shows up and kills me. And what a great mechanic that is, huh? Just something that whittles away your health until you die so you can respawn several minutes back where you came from. But I digress.

I found two of these stupid fucking (but apparently oh so important) squashes in a cave seemingly at random, but the game apparently doesn't want to give me the third. Nope, instead I just run in and out of this stupid fucking cave triggering fights with stupid fucking insects that are a dozen stupid fucking levels below me and pose no threat or benefit or fun in fighting, but they sure can waste my time!

Up until this point, I've enjoyed the game despite its many, many flaws, but I'm going to be hard pressed to boot it up again. I think back on all the great times I had playing Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy 3 way back when and then I realize that that this, this, is the current state of JRPGs and I just feel like weeping. Fuck you Xenoblade.

Lol. Just warp in repeatedly to the Dorian Caravan until you get them. Just collect the four/five things at the center of the nopon caravan and then do it again

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Wow, this game is not very welcoming to newbies. I didn't play the previous game, so I'm apparently at a disadvantage. Played for over an hour and just found New Los Angeles.

You could have just followed the yellow arrow...

I don't know what the qte ring is, or why it shifts me from ranged to melee. I don't know what any of my stats mean. I feel more clueless than I am in Souls games.

The combat isn't so bad, though. I was initially dreading this game because I thought it would be some ATB system from hell, but it's not. It's like an MMO world with MMO combat, but filled with JRPG content.

There's some big text screens that should pop up and explain how combat works right before your first fight, skipping through them is not advised.

NeonZ

Huh, you're probably mixing up stuff. You press X to go from melee to range. The ring is triggered with B. If you press it at the right moment, when the shinning bit is inside the darker "ring" area, rather than around it or in the middle, you'll get TP (used for some special Arts with "TP" written on them) and also build affinity with the other characters.

Kiryu

I still can't to 130k credit per tick for Tobias 2nd Quest

Even I looked up and tried this map... What did I do wrong?! :(

2015.5.16_1-min.jpg

Vena

Warping will reset items. No need to walk through the cave at all.

ZeroX03

Banned
The Xenoblade games do some wonderful stuff with verticality in the open world. I wish other games could have exploration and different platform heights although mobility makes that an issue in non-fantasy titles. GTAV had some nice areas although your character wasn't really up to jumping all over them. And exploration was a bit pointless.

Just faced the cliffhanger. The little cliff hidden on the waterfall. I can't think of many games that have these little areas that feel like natural parts of the world instead of "oh look a secret area".

Gotchaye

I still can't to 130k credit per tick for Tobias 2nd Quest

Even I looked up and tried this map... What did I do wrong?! :(

Do you actually have both Sightseeing Spots discovered where the Duplicator is? Edit: And it helps to have them at 4 and 6 too.

The digital manual is required reading (accessed through the home button). There are many mechanics/controls in there that aren't really explained (at least right away) while playing. It's very helpful.

The QTE prompt is part of Soul Voices. Try to time the button press to hit the interior edge of the circle. The QTE will get progressively harder the longer battle goes on. The manual will explain the exact mechanics of a Soul Voice better than I could.

As to weapons, you have two weapon slots--ranged and melee. Your arts (aka skills) are tied to specific weapons, which you will draw when using them. Press X to switch between them or B to sheathe them (useful if you need to run).
The Xenoblade games do some wonderful stuff with verticality in the open world. I wish other games could have exploration and different platform heights although mobility makes that an issue in non-fantasy titles. GTAV had some nice areas although your character wasn't really up to jumping all over them. And exploration was a bit pointless.

Definitely. XBCX makes me want to explore.

There have been a couple really fun jumping puzzles that make me savour exploration. It feels like nothing is truly off limits, so long as I'm clever enough.

-Horizon-

Bah, start of Chapter 8
3 party limit strikes! This would be the perfect mission to throw one of the online player BLADEs into your party since it's supposed to be a united defense, and they even have that resource available, but they don't let you do that because of the 3 party limit for the mission. :(

Things speed up considerably once you get Skells (even the non-flight variations have very strong travel capabilities.)
I'm inching slowly to getting one. Hopefully I'm getting close lol.

Renewed

Just about at 4 hearts with everyone, but I might as well start doing the support missions to get them up to snuff for
The Blood Lobster conclusion. Going through there once apparently gave Elma, Lin and L a rough time.

I decked myself out with a level 50 Skell yesterday and now I have to start preparing for a level 60 one. Feels like a waste of cash but hand-me-downs are always good, right?

Also
finally time to get Mia... maybe tomorrow

Shahadan

Just faced the cliffhanger. The little cliff hidden on the waterfall. I can't think of many games that have these little areas that feel like natural parts of the world instead of "oh look a secret area".

I admit that I had a lot of fun with the jumping and the "puzzles" like how to get to a FN site. I was afraid getting a skell would end that, but it actually opened up new ones :lol:

Of course when I get the flying module the party is over, but until then most of my time is willingly spent trying to reach places and it's goddamn satisfying for once.

R00bot

So I just finished the game, it was brilliant. One of the best games I've ever played. Had ana amazing time with it, only took 90 hours or so to beat it. The final boss was tough but I beat all stages after about 10 tries..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom