• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Golnei

Was it really necessary to make (sidequest spoilers)
the Delphinians boob aliens as well? The designs aren't as bad as they could be within that paradigm; but they're shapeshifters. Why should they even be humanoid, let alone completely human in appearance? It feels like a missed opportunity.

Anyone know where to get diresheep?

No idea where to find this item in Sylvalum.

EDIT: Also I hope they do not use a mute protagonist for the next game.

I don't really want to control someone who is more or less an NPC in regards to the story. I miss Shulk saying things and going apeshit on enemies in cutscenes and having actual relationships with the people around him.

You can't have character relationships without an actual character for the other characters in the game to bounce off of imo.

NeonZ

Huh. I had seen several Heart to Heart conversations and thought that they sounded pretty generic and non-gender specific, but then the last two I've seen sound like they'll be really odd if they aren't gender specific. I'm playing with a female avatar.

The first one was Murderess 1st, Heart to Heart.
She's seemingly dating some rich guy to exploit him, and, by following one of the dialogue options, the avatar seemingly wanted to get in it too, but Murderess saw her as a rival attempting to steal her pray and got out of there. It's technically just (one of, maybe) the ending of the conversation, but at least that part seemed to be written with a female avatar in mind.

The second one, that I saw right afterwards, was HB's third Heart to Heart.
He's getting surrounded by girls giving him attention everywhere. First, he wonders whether the avatar goes through a similar situation, and if the player denies, he compliments the avatar's looks and says that the others are fools for not acknowledging her. Still, that can easily work for a male character too. Afterwards though, he tells the avatar to "grab" him so that they can leave seemingly together, making the other girls stop bothering him, which seems like a pretty female-specific ending for the conversation.

I don't even know where are FN 315's 0/2 sightseeing spots and I do not have flight. I am only lvl 43, currently trying to get Tobias 2nd quest done.

EDIT: Found this. Had to watch video.

http://www.gamechup.com/xenoblade-chronicles-x-all-sightseeing-locations-guide/

Found at 14:00-15:00 video...

I need flight module after all... Please kill me now.
I could get to the platform with the grass and trees without flight, just by using a standard Skell and jumping on the rocks. At the end, I missed a jump and fell just on the border of the platform with the grass and trees, but it still counted. I don't think the 2nd one can be done without flight though...

jmizzal

There's a overalls survey rate when you zoom out to where you select the regions you want to view, you're probably looking at specific region survey rates

So the survey rate on the World which is next to NLA is not the overall?

And i'm zoomed all the way out I dont see any different survey rate

Anyone know where to get diresheep?

No idea where to find this item in Sylvalum.

I don't really want to control someone who is more or less an NPC in regards to the story. I miss Shulk saying things and going apeshit on enemies in cutscenes and having actual relationships with the people around him.

You can't have character relationships without an actual character for the other characters in the game to bounce off of imo.
delusions summit has them

Jennings

Will ground combat ever be relevant again now that I've unlocked skells? It's been 15-20 levels since unlocking and equipping my entire team with them (about to put us all in level 50 skells soon here), and I haven't had any reason to climb out of them since. And now I'm wondering if there's any point in micromanaging my ground gear and arts any more or if I should just continue to ignore all that stuff from here on out.

It'd be a shame to leave that stuff behind, since I enjoyed ground arts and combat more than skell arts.

NeonZ

Where the hell is the placid dougill :(

It's in that swamp area in front of a cave. There's a specific fast travel point to it.

Will ground combat ever be relevant again now that I've unlocked skells? It's been 10 levels since unlocking and equipping my entire team with them, and I haven't had any reason to climb out of them since. And now I'm wondering if there's any point in micromanaging my ground gear and arts any more or if I should just continue to ignore all that stuff from now on.

It'd be a shame to leave that stuff behind, since I enjoyed ground arts and combat more than skell arts.

There are caves and also parts of the remaining story chapters.

I think that's perfectly possible, Xenoblade X just doesn't really do that in the main story for whatever reason, maybe legacy of the game not being originally designed for an avatar main character. Play the Affinity Quests of the optional characters and you'll often seen them bouncing off the mute protagonist through player dialogue choices. The main story just seems almost shy to feature a silent protagonist and often shoves them aside from character interaction scenes.

Will ground combat ever be relevant again now that I've unlocked skells? It's been 10 levels since unlocking them, and I haven't had any reason to climb out of them since. And now I'm wondering if there's any point in micromanaging my ground gear and arts any more or if I should just continue to ignore all that stuff from now on.

Yeah, this is one of my problems with the game, the game becomes far too easy once you get level 30 Skells. You can easily avoid monsters that are supposed to be a match for Skells, and trivialize smaller monsters that are a dozen levels higher than your ground characters- that is on top of the much more MMO-like waiting for cool downs.

I only completed Chapter 8 so far, but I don't expect this trend to change until much later.

Vena

Huh. I had seen several Heart to Heart conversations and thought that they sounded pretty generic and non-gender specific, but then the last two I've seen sound like they'll be really odd if they aren't gender specific. I'm playing with a female avatar.

There are gender specifics for sure.
Lin sees the male Cross as a father figure, Murdress hits on you, Elma has some dialogue that doesn't make any sense if you're not male, etc.

Kiryu

Noooo I tried with all of my probes... I make up to.... 127,817!!! :(

I GOT 130,092! (Via removing all mining probes... lmao)

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Whoa. Ground out some G busters and Phoenix for my smells and CH10 felt as easy as a tutorial. Gear makes all the difference on mechs.

Haunted

Noooo I tried with all of my probes... I make up to.... 127,817!!! :(

I GOT 130,092! (Via removing all mining probes... lmao)
If you were that close, even finding a single sightseeing spot at a research probe location would've probably tipped you over. :D

Well it's official, I couldn't pass up the Best Buy deal and ending up ordering this. I know I said I am nervous about the grind and not respecting my time, but I just cant stop coming to this thread and living vicariously through you all. Hopefully it wasn't a "Grass is always greener" feeling tomorrow when I dive in!

Is the front page links for newbies to the series the best place to start?

Should I feel shitty for looking up fetch quests if I have issue finding stuff?

I'll admit, I'm pumped!

Renewed

Well it's official, I couldn't pass up the Best Buy deal and ending up ordering this. I know I said I am nervous about the grind and not respecting my time, but I just cant stop coming to this thread and living vicariously through you all. Hopefully it wasn't a "Grass is always greener" feeling tomorrow when I dive in!

I'll admit, I'm pumped!

Howdy and enjoy getting stuck in.

OP has everything you'll need, especially CAAAW's spreadsheet which is far better for Collectopedia than "item x in this continent. Good luck. Maybe talk to an NPC for further details but don't expect it."

I'll admit, I'm pumped!

Say goodbye to your time.

Shahadan

I'll admit, I'm pumped!

Best thing to do is to accept gathering quests and go about your business without thinking about those and they will eventually complete themselves. Unless you want the reward quickly or if it's an affinity quest of course.

ZeroX03

Banned
Chapter 5...
would've been a more effective twist if I hadn't already dressed my team as cyborgs or with full armor. I could barely tell anything was wrong in the cutscene haha.

Fishious

Chapter 5...
would've been a more effective twist if I hadn't already dressed my team as cyborgs or with full armor. I could barely tell anything was wrong in the cutscene haha.

I did the same thing. I was RPing my character as a cyborg and was quite confused to find he actually was a robot all along.

I just can't win this damn chapter 9 battle.

50 hours in and I'm still shit!

For some reason the CH 9 battle has a redick climb in difficulty, maybe because of the damage output of the characters all attacking you. If you're having trouble, there's no shame in hiring a lv 60 scout from your group. The terminal is next to the main mission one with Elanora.

Just let them go apeshit on the main guys and focus your attacks on the soldiers. If you're far enough away or ranged, you can spam health and shields to Elma or Lin if they're getting aggro'd.

zroid

Banned
Well that's ominous...

CWfFHNkWEAATsnN.jpg:orig

This is to nobody specific, but been happening all throughout the thread, so just as a friendly reminder, if you post a spoiler and tag it, please remember to say something about it before hand, like "chapter 12 spoilers" or "spoilers about a character that you get in the late game". Most people do it fine, but every now and then people seem to forget it.

Best thing to do is to accept gathering quests and go about your business without thinking about those and they will eventually complete themselves. Unless you want the reward quickly or if it's an affinity quest of course.
No, the best thing is to never take any gathering quests unless they're normal quests instead of basic ones.

Every now and then just check the quest panel and take any gathering quests that you have the collectibles for already. Then you get them instantly completed.

It's in that swamp area in front of a cave. There's a specific fast travel point to it.

There are caves and also parts of the remaining story chapters.

I think that's perfectly possible, Xenoblade X just doesn't really do that in the main story for whatever reason, maybe legacy of the game not being originally designed for an avatar main character. Play the Affinity Quests of the optional characters and you'll often seen them bouncing off the mute protagonist through player dialogue choices. The main story just seems almost shy to feature a silent protagonist and often shoves them aside from character interaction scenes.

The game was initially designed with a proper main character though. In their Iwata Asks it was said that they initially did not have a mute avatar but an actual character for the lead role but halfway through development they scrapped all of that in favour of the mute protagonist and online since Takahashi was feeling lonely or something while playing single player games.

Considering what little there is of the online mode I'd rather they stuck with their initial main character.

Seriously crossing my fingers that they don't go down this path again.

zroid

Banned
The game was initially designed with a proper main character though. In their Iwata Asks it was said that they initially did not have a mute avatar but an actual character for the lead role but halfway through development they scrapped all of that in favour of the mute protagonist and online since Takahashi was feeling lonely or something while playing single player games.

Considering what little there is of the online mode I'd rather they stuck with their initial main character.

Seriously crossing my fingers that they don't go down this path again.

Ehhh all the different kinds of gameplay introduced via the online features makes it more than worth it to me. So the character doesn't talk that much, whatever.

alvis.exe

Yeah, but there is a post-game, so it's not a permanent point of no return, or...? Or does it save after but the option of going after the final boss just reappears or something. Someone in the post-game tell me the mechanics, please.

Last chapter isn't much of a point of no return from what I can tell.

They were talking about (character availability spoilers)
getting all of Lao's Heart to Hearts before starting Chapter 9. At least they don't impact your completion rate because they're not logged anywhere. His Affinity Missions are all part of the story requirements so you can't miss those.

I for one really like how the Avatar is handled. Allows the player to create their own character, while allowing the creators to do a usual JRPG character centric story by making you the sidekick rather than the actual lead.

It feels a bit like White Knight Chronicles, except people don't suddenly start ignoring your existence two hours in.

Golnei

Chapter 5...

I had my avatar in light gear, but
with the left arm in the piece of armour that looks like a prosthetic arm. Kind of ruined the revelation a little bit, but I liked what making the replacement arm look obviously artificial added to the next cutscene.

Trying to farm some items for augments but not having much luck locating them. Anyone know where I can find Brilliant Tersqual Liquid, and blinding lophid extract? I looked in the spreadsheet and didn't see anything there and Google isn't much help with this game in my experience, lol.

ZeroX03

Banned
I'm not a fan of avatar characters, mostly because I hate "player choice" and dialogue trees in games. Can never find them as compelling as properly developed characters, and I never care about how my decision making affects the plot because inevitably it's never done well or an accurate representation of how I would respond. I prefer gameplay decisions impacting the plot rather than a dialogue box.

Would have liked being a sidekick with a personality.

Absol

Finally able to fly!

Disappointed I can't bunny hop anymore with my skell though. Gonna have to surpress my urge to jump around whenvever I'm on my skell. They should have just made activating flight with either right stick click or double jump.

Oh, well at least I was able to get the last sightseeing spot I needed in easternish Oblivia. and that dope music while flying

Gotchaye

Trying to farm some items for augments but not having much luck locating them. Anyone know where I can find Brilliant Tersqual Liquid, and blinding lophid extract? I looked in the spreadsheet and didn't see anything there and Google isn't much help with this game in my experience, lol.

From the spreadsheet it looks like each kind of Lophid drops one of two kinds of extracts. Presumably it's one of those.

Likewise it appears that all Tersquals can drop "luminousjuice" and "soybroil". Sylvalum ones can also drop "electrictears". Probably one of those - I'd guess luminousjuice.

From the spreadsheet it looks like each kind of Lophid drops one of two kinds of extracts. Presumably it's one of those.

Likewise it appears that all Tersquals can drop "luminousjuice" and "soybroil". Sylvalum ones can also drop "electrictears". Probably one of those - I'd guess luminousjuice.

Ah ok, I was looking for an exact match on the name. I will just try to farm them then, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom