• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.

daakusedo

I used what I have with me to try metamode more seriously and I'm just a bit short to keep it activated. It still load quickly and I wonder why I didn't try earlier, it's exhilerating and at least it was helpful to enter the castle, wave of enemies, a tyrant covered by soldiers and I was in the middle of this mess cutting my pv for pt, metamoding their faces...

Haunted

Is there a basic (auto-attack) Skell weapon that's stronger than a good Firegun in terms of dps?

Heat Edge was my strongest weapon before but the dps from the firegun far surpasses it. First time a ranged weapon was better in that regard for me, even with a melee build setup.

Wichu

I used what I have with me to try metamode more seriously and I'm just a bit short to keep it activated. It still load quickly and I wonder why I didn't try earlier, it's exhilerating and at least it was helpful to enter the castle, wave of enemies, a tyrant covered by soldiers and I was in the middle of this mess cutting my pv for pt, metamoding their faces...

This reads like nonsense for people playing in English :p

Translation (I think):
Metamode = Overdrive
PV = HP
PT = TP

So I think the side quest
that one with Professor B
might've spoiled me on a story detail
he claims to come from the future, and also mentions he might be what humans will look like in the future. If correct, that basically confirms the survival of the human race

EDIT: Also,
I picked the Luxury car, because Doc Brown knew to time travel with style.

Slathe

So do I have to engage with the skells at all, or could I just keep to my ground forces? I saw someone say they beat the game without relying on skells in the last fight, but what about the rest of the game up to that point?

Golnei

he claims to come from the future, and also mentions he might be what humans will look like in the future. If correct, that basically confirms the survival of the human race

He could just be lying. I'm only on his second sidequest,
so I don't know if he actually travels in time successfully, but it could just be another alien species claiming to be a future descendant of humanity.

Ok, maybe I'm missing something, but a great deal of my missions atm are "Go out and collect x item from x continent." This gives you no big yellow arrow or location and usually ends up being some random shit on the ground in a floating crystal. Is there anyway to actually track where the hell I can collect said items from? Or is it intended to be something I randomly scoop up?

http://imgur.com/a/4Gb2C there's that in case you are okay with looking it up like that. But in game, there's not much to do about it no. Unless there's an item or quest description that helps, but otherwise you'll have to scour the place.

So do I have to engage with the skells at all, or could I just keep to my ground forces? I saw someone say they beat the game without relying on skells in the last fight, but what about the rest of the game up to that point?

You'd run into trouble when it comes to aerial fights, you simply just need your Skells for that, there's no way around it. But most of the game can be done with your ground forces, sure. Provided you have the right build and augments and stuff like that.

Kouriozan

I safely can switch back to Mediator since I'm done collecting for a while
Saw you online yesterday at night. Lv.50+, you either don't work or don't sleep!! :)
81 hours of playtime so far, currently doing the 2 level 5 field skill I'm missing then full on farming for Ares 90.
Looks like I'm playing 6 hours a day and yeah it's killing my sleeping pattern.

81 hours of playtime so far, currently doing the 2 level 5 field skill I'm missing then full on farming for Ares 90.
Looks like I'm playing 6 hours a day and yeah it's killing my sleeping pattern :x

Since you completed it, do you know a good cave area in Couldros to get the stuff that only spawns in those? I can't find one and the only one that runs deeper is blocked off by a barrier. :p

How do you get level 5 Mechanical unlocked? I'm staying in between Chapter 9 and 10 for now.

Also, any trick to fighting very large enemies that are about 5-8 levels above you? They do an obcene amount of damage to me sometimes. Should I look into attribute resistances or do I just need better defense? It probably doesn't help that my teammates are about 13 levels below it and pretty much melt to any attack. I'm excluding using Overdrive in this scenario.

Kouriozan

Since you completed it, do you know a good cave area in Couldros to get the stuff that only spawns in those? I can't find one and the only one that runs deeper is blocked off by a barrier. :p
Indeed, it was in that cave, the other are a pain to enter and you can't move without being spotted :lol
You unlock its access with a quest named
Definian downfall
, was doing it for the last Mia quest requirement.
How do you get level 5 Mechanical unlocked? I'm staying in between Chapter 9 and 10 for now.
Check the mission board for the quest Off the record.
Same name for the 3 level 5 field skill.

He could just be lying. I'm only on his second sidequest,
so I don't know if he actually travels in time successfully, but it could just be another alien species claiming to be a future descendant of humanity.
So far I am catching details in things he says that aren't consistent with other aliens, like he casually drops Sir Issac Newton's name when he's upset, and actually referred to the common language as English.

I guess I'll see as his quest lines progress.

Indeed, it was in that cave, the other are a pain to enter and you can't move without being spotted :lol
Definian downfall

Check the mission board for the quest Off the record.
Same name for the 3 level 5 field skill.

Oh, those unlock the lvl 5 field skills? Good thing I kept those in my quest list.

On another note, how fast will 21 million credits melt when getting high level Skell frames?

Slathe

http://imgur.com/a/4Gb2C there's that in case you are okay with looking it up like that. But in game, there's not much to do about it no. Unless there's an item or quest description that helps, but otherwise you'll have to scour the place.

You'd run into trouble when it comes to aerial fights, you simply just need your Skells for that, there's no way around it. But most of the game can be done with your ground forces, sure. Provided you have the right build and augments and stuff like that.

Thanks, follow up. I've got the money to deck out a full set of level thirty skells. But I'm worried about saving for the fifties. Are the fifties necessary for anything in particular, except maybe the final story? Am I worrying over nothing?

R00bot

Oh, those unlock the lvl 5 field skills? Good thing I kept those in my quest list.

On another note, how fast will 21 million credits melt when getting high level Skell frames?

Depends which frame you go for. My frame with weapons is worth roughly 5 million, but it's the most expensive lvl 50 frame with some of the most expensive weapons.

NeonZ

EDIT: Also,
I picked the Luxury car, because Doc Brown knew to time travel with style.

Well, there were other colonization ships.
Even if he is a future human, it doesn't mean that NLA survives.

In fact, he claims at one point that Mira and even the galaxy around it seem to be completely unknown to him which suggests that in his future either NLA was destroyed or they never made it out of Mira and/or the space around it.

Wichu

Thanks, follow up. I've got the money to deck out a full set of level thirty skells. But I'm worried about saving for the fifties. Are the fifties necessary for anything in particular, except maybe the final story? Am I worrying over nothing?

I only used a level 50 Skell for the final boss, and only because I needed a fourth Skell and was level 50 already. The level 50 Skell felt a bit overpowered - I'm fairly sure it's beatable with level 30s.

The chapter 10 boss is apparently pretty difficult with level 30s, but I beat it on my second try with three of them (for the first try I only had one Skell, which was practically impossible).

The level 50s cost so much more than the 30s that you might as well get a 30 for now - it won't take you long to get the money back if you decide to go for a 50 later. After you beat the story, there's an easy way to get 200k credits per minute, so money stops being a problem.

Xenoboy

I beat chapter 5 yesterday.
I never expected everyone to be a robot, that shocked. I only thought the MC would be one and the Ma-non are hilarious! I love their voices and now I'm intrigued about the whole English thing.

brau

Thanks guys! do they stack? will they save? i kept noticing those for the last 2 days but never knew where to claim them.

Asked online but i don't think anyone ever replied. And i mean in the chat thing you can do in the game. Which i think is a cool idea. But those messages seem to be old and would loop.

Definian downfall

Ah crap, guess there's no way around doing that one then, thank you very much though!

You can take out anything from the story with level 30 skells as long as they're decked out correctly. I'd definitely get them. You can take out a LOT of stuff with those in general actually. Just keep your income up and you'll probably have the money for a level 50 one anyways when the time comes.

Played for an hour or so last night, pretty much just finished that damn A Proper Chopper quest (diaf, Spherical EM Motors), and did the affinity mission so I can start Chapter 5.

Game so gud. I love just exploring.

But damn, need more miranium storage.

deoee

So how do a friend and I play together?
We found each other on the boards, are online in the "friends list" but how do we actually join each other?

I was invited once into a mission and accepted so there has to be a way?!

Also now that I kicked Elma from my party she is not standing next to the main mission table anymore?
Where is she (I'm just before chapter 7)

Kouriozan

Complaining about drop rate on GAF seems to work, just got 2 feathers quickly.
We found each other on the boards, are online in the "friends list" but how do we actually join each other?

When a Squad task is completed, you can accept Squad mission in the barrack and invite people, there is also the ennemy of the world too.

jonjonaug

Also now that I kicked Elma from my party she is not standing next to the main mission table anymore?
Where is she (I'm just before chapter 7)
If a party member isn't in their hangout spot, they have an active heart to heart event going on somewhere else. Either find them there or just shift the time to get them back to where they were.

Kouriozan

That means we have to finish the objectives that appear in the bottom right hand corner before we can start?
Yes, if there is one about killing duoguil for example, you complete that and there will be a duoguill mission in the barrack until the time runs out.

BY2K

Membero Americo
The more I think about it the more I think the whole CHAPTER 5 SPOILER
mims
thing is freaking dumb.

If they're all robots, why do they need to eat at all? And any death or injuring has no real consequences unless they don't find the Lifehold Core
even for CHAPTER 8 SPOILER
Marcus

NeonZ

The more I think about it the more I think the whole CHAPTER 5 SPOILER
mims
thing is freaking dumb.

If they're all robots, why do they need to eat at all? And any death or injuring has no real consequences unless they don't find the Lifehold Core
even for CHAPTER 8 SPOILER
Marcus

Mims were meant to
mimic human bodies to make the transition back to organic bodies easier after what was expected to be a very long space exploration journey. So, they can eat, get sick, have circulatory systems and even "die" from bleeding.

Hmm, this game is quite appealing so far. I hope I don't start hating it like the first one. But the combat seems much more interesting and the inventory management is not trash, so I have hope. Graphics are blurry as hell though, what's up with that? Other 720p games on Wii U have much better IQ.

Thanks guys! do they stack? will they save? i kept noticing those for the last 2 days but never knew where to claim them.

Asked online but i don't think anyone ever replied. And i mean in the chat thing you can do in the game. Which i think is a cool idea. But those messages seem to be old and would loop.
Nemesis spoils have a time limit to collect (I think the current one is the 21st) and when you enter the console all other options are greyed out forcing you to get them.

Division spoils are a separate list of items found under division activity, not sure how they last for.

The chat stuff is miiverse posts are all old while anything else (stuff that has B+X block under it) is real time. I find it useful to remind people to join a global nemesis fight (those rooms can take a while to fill due to the blade medal requirement and the fact you are likely to trash your skell can put people off though on-foot overdrive is effective too).

Need Auravis feathers!
That drop rate is so low and you can't get them with tickets >.<
6 left to get...
Are you using armour that has treasure sensor? I assume the drop rate is still low but in a way that makes the boosts count more. If you need better enemy locations I'm guessing the spreadsheet in the OP has it listed as "aquila proposalplume" (wait...lower case is that how you tell if it is a literal translation) as Auravis enemies drop those.

Anyone have a link to the Google doc that outlines the Heart to Hearts?
Do you mean the one that it is in the OP (since I have it open now):
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...V4tjXXHLEhRMrARzZMYAUGmyZ4/htmlview?sle=true#
Under the allies tab

Remember there are affinity requirements (1 heart for 1st ... 5 hearts for 5th)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom