• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dineren

Banned
All this talk about the chapter 12 boss has me scared. Is there some super weapon that I can use to cheese the fight? This is probably my goty, but I have no desire at all to get stuck on a boss for a long time.

Kouriozan

All this talk about the chapter 12 boss has me scared. Is there some super weapon that I can use to cheese the fight? This is probably my goty, but I have no desire at all to get stuck on a boss for a long time.
Personally I grinded research probes for the 4M level 50 skell then it was easy enough, but you just have to be careful and don't destroy your skells.

If you want lose 3 times and lower difficulty should do it
I'll wait for level 60 to face it whatever that is

Overdrive strategy with FMJ is the way to go. Beat him at lv54 without retry using some random lv4x armors/wps I picked up from killing monsters.

Xord

The basic mission difficuly rating is really bad. I got two star hunting mission with lv 38 enemies and a 6 star hunting mission with lv 11 enemies.

Dineren

Banned
Overdrive strategy with FMJ is the way to go. Beat him at lv54 without retry using some random lv4x armors/wps I picked up from killing monsters.

Thanks, I'll give this a shot. I've got close to 8 million credits and still have to play chapter 11 so hopefully that strategy with a couple level 50 skells will be good enough.

Chaos17

The basic mission difficuly rating is really bad. I got two star hunting mission with lv 38 enemies and a 6 star hunting mission with lv 11 enemies.

I think that depending of your Blade level, mission got unlocked that's why low level mission mixing with high level missions that way.

random25

Gah that lobster quest! Gonna do this later. I still am in this trading card quest to bother with lobsters.

40% on both Cauldros and Sylvalum. This is much trickier with bunch of giant monsters aggroing like crazy.

Luigi87

44 hours in (physical ver) and I never knew about the data packs.

...being said I can't get all of them due to not enough space D=

Gah that lobster quest! Gonna do this later. I still am in this trading card quest to bother with lobsters.

40% on both Cauldros and Sylvalum. This is much trickier with bunch of giant monsters aggroing like crazy.

Yeah, they really went nuts with agro enemies this time around. Makes it less of a surprise and more of an annoyance I feel.

If you want to farm for rare drops and you can't quite yet make high level treasure sensor augments then make sure you get the Candid & Credible AM up to rank 5. Their stuff has treasure sensor augments on them at that rank.

burgerdog

I can't seem to get the basic mission to recruit phog. Tried it a bunch of times yesterday with no luck. Just missing three characters now.

If you want to farm for rare drops and you can't quite yet make high level treasure sensor augments then make sure you get the Candid & Credible AM up to rank 5. Their stuff has treasure sensor augments on them at that rank.

They also get potential up which is one of the best all-around stats.

Kaname

What to do with Miranium after leveling all the stores that I currently have available?
There was a sidequest that allowed me to exchange Miranium for credits but I still have to finish all the steps. Will I be able to do it whenever I want after I finish it?

Also, is there an optimal setup for max credit possible through FrontierNav?
I'm currently at around 70k with all Cauldros to explore but no Research probe available :/

What to do with Miranium after leveling all the stores that I currently have available?
There was a sidequest that allowed me to exchange Miranium for credits but I still have to finish all the steps. Will I be able to do it whenever I want after I finish it?

Also, is there an optimal setup for max credit possible through FrontierNav?
I'm currently at around 70k with all Cauldros to explore but no Research probe available :/
Have you done the quest to unlock the ability to add augment slots to your equipment?

Yup :)
I'm in need of cash to get some lvl 50s Skell though. I just finished Chapter 10 and I'm already at Lvl 60 but with little over 1 mil.

Are you using booster probes and duplicator probes to maximize to synergize with research probes? Also, sightseeing spots greatly increase revenue for research probes, much more than an A ranking, so keep that in mind

Yup :)
I'm in need of cash to get some lvl 50s Skell though. I just finished Chapter 10 and I'm already at Lvl 60 but with little over 1 mil.

2015.5.16_1-min.jpg

Something like that in Oblivia. The important thing is to have that duplicate probe on the 4 way intersection and to have all the sightseeing spots unlocked.

Strike00

Banned

if you have at least one lv 50 skell with phoenix and G buster you'll be fine. However you might want to lv up a bit and get some good ground gear, cause the last part of chapter 12 can be a real pain.
You won't able to use your skells in the last fight.

zroid

Banned
Does the amount of credits earned from sightseeing spots depend on the Research Probe tier? Or always the same (3500 I think?)

Kaname

Are you using booster probes and duplicator probes to maximize to synergize with research probes? Also, sightseeing spots greatly increase revenue for research probes, much more than an A ranking, so keep that in mind

I was using them to get a shit ton of Miranium to get over the store leveling as fast as possible. Looking for heads up on which could be the best places to set up a money milking empire :p

2015.5.16_1-min.jpg

Something like that in Oblivia. The important thing is to have that duplicate probe on the 4 way intersection and to have all the sightseeing spots unlocked.

Nice, was looking for something like that :)

Lexxism

Where can i
get the Blossom Dance? Nagi?
He has an affinity mission with 3 hearts. I will get the art once I'm done with it?

random25

Yeah, they really went nuts with agro enemies this time around. Makes it less of a surprise and more of an annoyance I feel.

It can be an annoyance, though since they are more visible from the get-go, it lets you see where to go to avoid being seen and pick spots where to fight to avoid those roaming monsters especially the flying types. Visual Cloaking augments are really useful in Sylvalum.

I was using them to get a shit ton of Miranium to get over the store leveling as fast as possible. Looking for heads up on which could be the best places to set up a money milking empire :p

Nice, was looking for something like that :)

That setup can definitely be optimized, but it gets the idea of what you want to be setting up across. I haven't messed around with Cauldros setup much because I'm pretty much out of probes. :/

Lunar15

I can't shake the feeling that this world feels so empty. Nearly explored all of Noctilim at this point.

I just can't describe it. I get that there's a lot of pretty structures and enemies everywhere, but something about the world just seems removed from my character. Maybe it's the running speed? Maybe the scale's a bit too big since it's designed for mechs?

While I enjoy finding ways to get to the research probes, there's just something about the world that doesn't seem particularly memorable. I definitely understand that I'm in the minority though.

On the positive side, I continue to like the battle system, just as I did in Xenoblade. The quest system isn't terrible either. I do hate anything having to do with menus though. There's way too many systems for my liking. Truly embarrassing in a lot of respects, particularly where convenience is involved.

I can't shake the feeling that this world feels so empty. Nearly explored all of Noctilim at this point.

I just can't describe it. I get that there's a lot of pretty structures and enemies everywhere, but something about the world just seems removed from my character. Maybe it's the running speed? Maybe the scale's a bit too big since it's designed for mechs?

While I enjoy finding ways to get to the research probes, there's just something about the world that doesn't seem particularly memorable. I definitely understand that I'm in the minority though.

There's three tiers of exploration: on foot, in skell, and flying. My least favorite of the three by far was traveling on foot. There's just so much space between interesting landmarks when you're on foot. Holding back the skells does make for a great feeling of liberation once you get them, though. Flying around the world is just a joy.

Lexxism

I don't know when you get it but yes that's the companion who give it to you as far as I know.
I see. Looks like I need to raise affinity then. Do we have a docu/link where can I find each of my party unique arts? I tried looking and I can't seem to find it anywhere.

jonjonaug

I see. Looks like I need to raise affinity then. Do we have a docu/link where can I find each of my party unique arts? I tried looking and I can't seem to find it anywhere.
If you select the character in the affinity chart you can find this and other details.

CAAAAW made an error with heart to heart for elma... 3rd & 4th are switched
edit: celica 3rd is at commercial, not residential
Yeah, I noticed a few mistakes while looking over the alternate requirements. Should be fixed soon.

Also, I'm pretty sure I dreamed about some kind of Nopon mafia murder mystery last night...

boxter432

got the game day 1, am level 32ish, have played like 40 hours, and just got Skells last night, I'm a little behind ;) but was able to get a skell for everone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom