• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plum

I think I'm getting burned out with this game. I've had a lot on my plate in terms of study work the last few weeks so I've been playing the game in 2-3 hour chunks every day/every other day.

The thing is I'm only 25 hours in at level 25 and I haven't got my Skell or even started Chapter 4 yet. Should I push on or take a break?

Regiruler

Well it's official, I couldn't pass up the Best Buy deal and ending up ordering this. I know I said I am nervous about the grind and not respecting my time, but I just cant stop coming to this thread and living vicariously through you all. Hopefully it wasn't a "Grass is always greener" feeling tomorrow when I dive in!

Is the front page links for newbies to the series the best place to start?

Should I feel shitty for looking up fetch quests if I have issue finding stuff?

I'll admit, I'm pumped!

For enemy kill quests, the map tells you were to go and you can later use an item to help take you to the vicinity. For item quests, it depends on where you get the item from: you can just farm reward tickets from squad tasks and buy any item that you need for a quest that would be dropped by an enemy, but you need to get any item that you find otherwise yourself.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I think I'm getting burned out with this game. I've had a lot on my plate in terms of study work the last few weeks so I've been playing the game in 2-3 hour chunks every day/every other day.

The thing is I'm only 25 hours in at level 25 and I haven't got my Skell or even started Chapter 4 yet. Should I push on or take a break?

You've only recently finished up the tutorial, just FYI.

random25

Play at your own pace. It's not like you have a time limit for this game or something :p

Ranmo

If you feel remotely tired of it just take a few days break or what have you. The more you drag it out the more likely you are to never play the game again. It's how I approach MMO's (bringing up just for comparisons sake), as soon as I feel like I'm playing because I have to instead of because I want to I take a short break. The longer the wait the worse your feelings are going to get.

Plum

Play at your own pace. It's not like you have a time limit for this game or something :p

If you feel remotely tired of it just take a few days break or what have you. The more you drag it out the more likely you are to never play the game again. It's how I approach MMO's (bringing up just for comparisons sake), as soon as I feel like I'm playing because I have to instead of because I want to I take a short break. The longer the wait the worse your feelings are going to get.

Thanks. My Christmas break started a few days ago and this feeling of being 'burnt out' came from having so much free time yet not wanting to play the game for longer than 3 hours at a time.

I think I'll have a break and finally finish something else from my backlog instead.

random25

Recently? I finished Chapter 3 12 or so hours ago in that game. I've been exploring the three southern continents and doing whatever quests I can find.

I think you are doing a fine job already. If you have planted a lot of probes and obtained a lot of fast travel points on those 3 continents that early, you'd be surprised at how fast you'll breeze through story missions.

Plum

I think you are doing a fine job already. If you have planted a lot of probes and obtained a lot of fast travel points on those 3 continents that early, you'd be surprised at how fast you'll breeze through story missions.

Well I've exhausted the probes in Primordia that I can get to without a Skell and most of the ones in Noctilium. Oblivia not so much, but I've made some good progress there.

The same thing happened with FO4, I just became allergic to doing the story missions and would spend many hours in between each one.

TheMoon

Is the guide for this any good? I remember a post earlier in the thread talking about how incomplete it was. This still holds up? I think i will need one to find pieces and whatever like in MH4.

the guide has lots of maps and lists of things and stuff but it only offers walkthroughs for affinity quests and the story. the normal and basic quests are mostly just listed with their objectives and some comments occasionally. no detailed guide for those. although there is a section for the normal / basic quests that details branching mission outcomes and stuff like the lobster quest have a picture guide. half of the guide or two thirds are made up of these quest/story walkthroughs and maps. the latter third is just a bestiary mostly.

Plum

the guide has lots of maps and lists of things and stuff but it only offers walkthroughs for affinity quests and the story. the normal and basic quests are mostly just listed with their objectives and some comments occasionally. no detailed guide for those. although there is a section for the normal / basic quests that details branching mission outcomes and stuff like the lobster quest have a picture guide. half of the guide or two thirds are made up of these quest/story walkthroughs and maps. the latter third is just a bestiary mostly.

Does it have an easy to understand guide on where to find each item in the game?

If not then I don't really see any point in buying it other than getting round some of the game's UI issues.

Regiruler

Jesus why are all the divisions boosted.

...except pathfinders anyway. My heart goes out to you guys. I can't really sympathize: as a curator, I always got at least the 30k reward every day. Your life just sucks.

zroid

Banned
Oh yeah I finally stumbled into Rockmole's Burrow

every time one of those spiders emerged from the ground I had a panic attack

Squishy3

idk if I'm reading the google doc right. Where are Spirit Wands and Nopoliths?
It tells you either the landmark or the frontiernav probes that are located in a hex that those items have a chance of being one of the collectibles. So IE, you can go to probe 309 in oblivia for nopoliths.

Kyzon

It tells you either the landmark or the frontiernav probes that are located in a hex that those items have a chance of being one of the collectibles. So IE, you can go to probe 309 in oblivia for nopoliths.

Alright, so I'm reading it correct and just having bad luck, lol. Thanks

Mechanical level 5 quest was easy to defeat the tyrant with level 30 Skells...very close call though but only because the patrolling Xe-Dom had noticed me and was starting to completely wreck my party :(

Man Chapter 10. I don't know if the battle glitched or what happened
but first time I got in my Skell, the rest of my party didn't until I ordered them to and they then stood on the ground so once my Skell blew up we couldn't damage the boss. Thank god for emergency exit. Second time we went to the spot while flying in Skells

On another note these story chapters have
been really, really short recently

I've explored the hell out of the game and only make about 80k using that Oblivia spot. I need research probes that are 5+ to make real bank. I can't find any website detailing where to get high level research probes.
Do you have the sightseeing spots found as that figure sounds like you don't.

Jesus why are all the divisions boosted.
Nintendo Network was down for a good chunk of yesterday.

Not_Mario

Neo Member
I found Elma's character boring (ending spoilers)
but after finishing the story I really like her now. It makes sense that she was so distant. I want to go back and watch some cutscenes now that I know what she did.

Once you get the level 4 skills, a mission will become available where you can raise it to 5. It's hard, though. You have to solve hints and face lv 50+ enemies.

Oh I have one for Mechanical available! But I'm still only level 27. I guess I won't be doing it for a while. Will try to solve without looking up answers.

RagnarokX

2015.5.16_1-min.jpg

Something like that in Oblivia. The important thing is to have that duplicate probe on the 4 way intersection and to have all the sightseeing spots unlocked.

Well that's useful. Following that with the probes I currently have available boosted me from this:
RQ2ydTp.jpg

to this:
EEjJNjM.jpg

Thanks.

Delio

Once you get the level 4 skills, a mission will become available where you can raise it to 5. It's hard, though. You have to solve hints and face lv 50+ enemies.

Can i finish this with a team of Skells? I only have the last heavy mechs and i gave them all some upgrades.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Yeah I thought it was going to be as simple as fast travelling back.

After it finally registered and I was able to speak again I was fucking livid. Looking back it's hilarious as shit, but at the time...

yep. I legit let out a "you dumb motherfucker".

the whole "lololol potato" shit was already getting on my nerves but yo dam.

I spent the entire fight yelling at Tatsu for that one, "you dumb motherfucker this is all your fault I should just leave you to die you shit potato!"

That was probably one of my favorite moments in the game, looking back on it.

Luigi87

ay yo fuck Tatsu

Like the others, I knew exactly what you were referring to, lol

And yeah... I feel the same.

I remember how reliable, nice, and frankly all-around awesome Riki was.
... Tatsu is none of those things. Tatsu is emergency provisions.

Kouriozan

Wow, I equipped a few Candid and Credible gears with treasor sensor VI and IV on myself and teammates, now I'm getting those hard to get item for the Ares much more faster.

Wagram

The Chapter 10 boss was pretty sweet.
I died like three times because I didn't understand you could drag the boss to the area where my AI partners could do Soul Voices.
Haha.

Also when I finally realized that creature from Chapter
was a
Telethia
- Awesome feeling and one of the best moments i've had with the game.

Baust

Is there a way to get screenshots from the screenshot album on Miiverse uploaded to imgur or some other site?

I took lots of good ones but didn't upload them when I was taking them.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Like the others, I knew exactly what you were referring to, lol

And yeah... I feel the same.

I remember how reliable, nice, and frankly all-around awesome Riki was.
... Tatsu is none of those things. Tatsu is emergency provisions.

I loved the entire sequence leading up to that, they really did a fantastic job with the tension. I had turned sprint off and was going as slow as I could, I can't remember the last time a game made me feel that nervous. Then came the unspeakable rage. Now it's all laughs.

TheMoon

Is there a way to get screenshots from the screenshot album on Miiverse uploaded to imgur or some other site?

I took lots of good ones but didn't upload them when I was taking them.

• go to web miiverse,
  • go to the XCX community,
  • go to new discussion and start creating a new post or click on any other post and start creating a new comment,
  • essentially anything that triggers the "choose from screenshot gallery" box to appear.
  • pick your screenshot from the gallery and DON'T POST (because you don't want to create a post or a comment, you just need to have the pic there so you can steal the URL),
  • then right click on the pic that is inserted in your post preview, get the url which looks something like this:
    Code:
    https://d3esbfg30x759i.cloudfront.net/th/WVW69iq1ngYdP_0pKD
  • then take this link and replace the "th" between the two forward slashes (/th/) with "ss" and that's your 480p screenshot.
  • right click save or just do a straight "from URL" upload to imgur or abload or whatever you're using.
  • rinse and repeat

the sniper rifle/lancer class is pretty disappointing IMO. snipers have no oomph to em (at least the early ones) and theres not a lot going on with the lance yet, at least in the first of the two classes. So that sucks

Also i'm on the lin affinity quest where I need white cometite and ughhghhhhhhh

very fun game (about 15 hours in) even with that stuff though so can't complain too much

Riki

the sniper rifle/lancer class is pretty disappointing IMO. snipers have no oomph to em (at least the early ones) and theres not a lot going on with the lance yet, at least in the first of the two classes. So that sucks

Also i'm on the lin affinity quest where I need white cometite and ughhghhhhhhh

very fun game (about 15 hours in) even with that stuff though so can't complain too much
All of the starting classes are kind of weak, honestly. Once you get to the final classes is when you start getting just amazing.
Galactic Knight is broken, I'm pretty sure. I destroy groups of enemies lime they're paper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom