• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seiru

Banned
Is there a way to get Lin to tank when fighting single targets? She only seems to taunt when there's more than one enemy, and just lets everybody die when I'm fighting a tyrant or something. It's also annoying that the enemy is always turning around when I'm trying to use arts from behind.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Is there a way to get Lin to tank when fighting single targets? She only seems to taunt when there's more than one enemy, and just lets everybody die when I'm fighting a tyrant or something. It's also annoying that the enemy is always turning around when I'm trying to use arts from behind.

Mess around with her abilities, I only give her like one ranged art and all the rest are tanking oriented ones. She got the idea after I did that.

Baust

• go to web miiverse,
  • go to the XCX community,
  • go to new discussion and start creating a new post or click on any other post and start creating a new comment,
  • essentially anything that triggers the "choose from screenshot gallery" box to appear.
  • pick your screenshot from the gallery and DON'T POST (because you don't want to create a post or a comment, you just need to have the pic there so you can steal the URL),
  • then right click on the pic that is inserted in your post preview, get the url which looks something like this:
    Code:
    https://d3esbfg30x759i.cloudfront.net/th/WVW69iq1ngYdP_0pKD
  • then take this link and replace the "th" between the two forward slashes (/th/) with "ss" and that's your 480p screenshot.
  • right click save or just do a straight "from URL" upload to imgur or abload or whatever you're using.
  • rinse and repeat

Works like a charm. Thanks!

So finally got my skell woo, got a few more probes I couldn't reach before, did some rearranging, and bam I now get 35k miranium per tick... I guess my question is other then dumping it into arms manufacturing is there anything else I can use it for? Also is there a trick to get more research probes I seem to have a billion mining and very little research.

All of the starting classes are kind of weak, honestly. Once you get to the final classes is when you start getting just amazing.
Galactic Knight is broken, I'm pretty sure. I destroy groups of enemies lime they're paper.

I'm currently going through the Samurai Gunner line, thinking I could use skills from that class to make GK stronger.

The difference in power between Blast Fencer and Samurai Gunner is obscene, let alone when you actually get GK. I'm ready to just switch back.

Vena

Let me introduce you to the g-buster.

Let me introduce you to the XX Sniper. (Does the same thing.)

But I am talking about prolonged fights where stats matter (high level Tyrants, solo fights), I am starting to think that Ranged Arts have better access to utility (Virus access) and better overall skills (and the better Super Weapons all seem to be Ranged Arts, Zenith Cannon, Drone Swarm, and Barrage Cloak/Dark Matter Cannon).

I may just make a twin-Urban for Ranged and see how it stacks up to the Melee Urban.

Tyeforce

Okay, so I need help on Chapter 9. My husband and I are both stuck here. We can't beat
Ga Jiarg, Ga Buidhe, and the Wrothian Warriors
, even though my husband is 10 levels higher than them! How are people beating this part?! Even after grinding, we can't seem to beat it. Maybe there's something we're missing here? It seems that we can't take our Skells into the battle, so I'm not sure what else to do. Is there maybe a specific class or party member that it's particularly helpful here?

Vena

Okay, so I need help on Chapter 9. My husband and I are both stuck here. We can't beat
, even though my husband is 10 levels higher than them! How are people beating this part?! Even after grinding, we can't seem to beat it. Maybe there's something we're missing here? It seems that we can't take our Skells into the battle, so I'm not sure what else to do. Is there maybe a specific class or party member that it's particularly helpful here?

Did you level up your Arts and Skills?

Are you comboing arts well? (Have you upgraded your gear to a suitable level?)

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
So finally got my skell woo, got a few more probes I couldn't reach before, did some rearranging, and bam I now get 35k miranium per tick... I guess my question is other then dumping it into arms manufacturing is there anything else I can use it for? Also is there a trick to get more research probes I seem to have a billion mining and very little research.

You can use it to craft gear, put sockets into your gear, upgrade abilities on gear and to trade in for cash.

Having way more mining than research is normal, from what I can tell the return on the research probes is way better than that of mining. I'm at 33K miranium and 80k cash per tick.

Parfait

Make sure your skills line upwith your playstyle. I was a Galactic Knight back then, and I had an Ether blade, so I had Ether boost. so it could do more damage. And Galactic Knight is all about lots of melee combos, which is basically using a melee art after another melee art for more damage, so make sure those skills are set and leveled up too.

That fight is pretty much the filter for 'remember you can level up your skills and arts and you have to know how to play on the ground from now on' because soon you will need to be able to dish out damage from the ground.

Tyeforce

Did you level up your Arts and Skills?

Are you comboing arts well?
I've got some Arts up to level 2 or 3, yeah, but not my Skills. I think my husband's the same, too, but he's higher level than me. I'm trying to max out each Class, so I'm going through the list using them all until they're maxed out, but I've not decided which one I like best so I haven't been spending too much BP. Are there any Classes and/or Skills that you'd recommend?

EDIT:
Make sure your skills line upwith your playstyle. I was a Galactic Knight back then, and I had an Ether blade, so I had Ether boost. so it could do more damage. And Galactic Knight is all about lots of melee combos, which is basically using a melee art after another melee art for more damage, so make sure those skills are set and leveled up too.

That fight is pretty much the filter for 'remember you can level up your skills and arts and you have to know how to play on the ground from now on' because soon you will need to be able to dish out damage from the ground.
Hm, okay, I guess we'll just have to experiment around...

deoee

What Skell should I get after the initial one?
And (except the G Buster) what are must haves for equip? :D

I'm so excited when I finally hit 30
EWmof.gif

You can use it to craft gear, put sockets into your gear, upgrade abilities on gear and to trade in for cash.

Having way more mining than research is normal, from what I can tell the return on the research probes is way better than that of mining. I'm at 33K miranium and 80k cash per tick.

Aren't you way farther then me how do I get more miranium?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Aren't you way farther then me how do I get more miranium?

I don't need more than 33k a pop due to my cap being exactly that so I've got no reason to streamline beyond that point yet, besides that I've been focusing more on trying to fix up my cash flow as that's becoming more important.

RagnarokX

What Skell should I get after the initial one?
And (except the G Buster) what are must haves for equip? :D

I'm so excited when I finally hit 30
EWmof.gif

So far Amdusias is pretty sweet. There's a skell weapon called the Phoenix that an enemy in Sylvalum drops that can pretty much kill anything level 30 and below in one shot and it hits all enemies in a huge area. It does thermal damage and inflicts taunt. It is insane.

Semajer

Is it possible to get all the characters back into their default costumes? I've only just noticed the display headgear toggle under system settings, but characters like H.B. wear glasses in their default get up.

(Ending spoilers) Is it possible to get the armour that
Elma's body is wearing in the final chapter?
If so, does anyone know the name and how to get it?

Just finished Chapter 12 after 100h ingame
Will all Mira's misteries be answered in other quest ? I will still be playing anyway, just curious

deoee

So far Amdusias is pretty sweet. There's a skell weapon called the Phoenix that an enemy in Sylvalum drops that can pretty much kill anything level 30 and below in one shot and it hits all enemies in a huge area. It does thermal damage and inflicts taunt. It is insane.

I guess I'll go on a hunt then. Mind to share the name/location (in spoilers?)

NeonZ

Is it possible to get all the characters back into their default costumes? I've only just noticed the display headgear toggle under system settings, but characters like H.B. wear glasses in their default get up.

Fashion gear. Press X on the equipment screen and then you'll be able to equip Fashion gear, which just changes their looks, with no effect on their stats.

Kaname

Well, I ended up with something like this:

JiBIW78.jpg

YutR0TQ.jpg

Those are all the research/copy/upgrade probes that I have atm; think I could do something better?

Is there a way to get new probes except finding them in the wild?

Complete any mission from:
Kirsty, who provides a few storage probes
Hugo, who gives you a different battle probe per mission.
Tobias, who gives you a couple of duplication probes.

Vena

There's a storage probe at the bottom of Sylvalum's Mt. Doom.

There's also one guarded by Godzilla, find out what and where that is for yourselves!

Thanks to whoever mentioned Treasure Sensor for farming. Got 2 suits with TS V on my characters, and after clearing like 10 mobs in a Xeno camp I get like 35 items, with usually 1-2 being orange Skell items.

Griss

Ah, I'm gonna start downloading this tonight.... it's supposed to be my Christmas eve game...

I must maintain discipline!

My hype has gone from supernova to cratered to now back to supernova again. I can't wait.

Finalow

ok, got the free Skell.

now I suppose I need to reach level 30 before buying an actual good one, when I do, what Skell and what weapons should I get? Iirc I read somewhere that the G-buster is good for one-shotting a lot of level 40-50 mobs.
anyone?

Anyone know about the hidden cave in the wall of rock almost right next to King's Falls in Oblivia, in the middle of probe sites 315 and 311?

There's a small building in that rock with an entrance to a cave. To reach the building you need the flight module, but it would seem you can't get into the building and the cave entrance because the building is just a little bit too small for a skell to get through.

The building is pretty hard to see as it blends into the rock pretty well. Wouldn't have noticed it without a treasure being there (and seemingly unreachable for me at the moment).

I dunno, to be honest I just took whatever seemed cool. Didn't matter that much to me. I'll optimize more when I hit level 60 and post game.

So, what did you guys choose to do in the normal quest "A Dubious Mission"? I'm not sure if an option will lock me out of any additional quests or something else.

Did you guys
Turn Roselle in or did you look the other way and accept the cash?

Anyone know about the hidden cave in the wall of rock almost right next to King's Falls in Oblivia, in the middle of probe sites 315 and 311?

There's a small building in that rock with an entrance to a cave. To reach the building you need the flight module, but it would seem you can't get into the building and the cave entrance because the building is just a little bit too small for a skell to get through.

The building is pretty hard to see as it blends into the rock pretty well. Wouldn't have noticed it without a treasure being there (and seemingly unreachable for me at the moment).

There's another cave that lets you get into that building. I'm not sure where ATM, but it's near a FN node. That treasure is a level 5 treasure, by the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom