• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Anyone know about the hidden cave in the wall of rock almost right next to King's Falls in Oblivia, in the middle of probe sites 315 and 311?

There's a small building in that rock with an entrance to a cave. To reach the building you need the flight module, but it would seem you can't get into the building and the cave entrance because the building is just a little bit too small for a skell to get through.

The building is pretty hard to see as it blends into the rock pretty well. Wouldn't have noticed it without a treasure being there (and seemingly unreachable for me at the moment).

You can get to that. It's the end of a cave that starts somewhere to the left side of the falls.

Has a lvl 5 collectible thing in there.

Pretty sure i got in there before I had a skell.

There's another cave that lets you get into that building. I'm not sure where ATM, but it's near a FN node. That treasure is a level 5 treasure, by the way.

You can get to that. It's the end of a cave that starts somewhere to the left side of the falls.

Has a lvl 5 collectible thing in there.

Pretty sure i got in there before I had a skell.
Ah thanks.

So, what did you guys choose to do in the normal quest "A Dubious Mission"? I'm not sure if an option will lock me out of any additional quests or something else.
Was that the quest about voltan?
Just threw the woman into jail after defeating her
, can't remember the exact dialogue choices.

Xenoboy

Is level 23 or something overleveled for Chapter 6? I'm only at 21 with my MC, just want to know around where I should be by the time I start it.

Kouriozan

And Mia joins the team!
wiiu_screenshot_tv_0158st0.jpg
Phew, made pretty big progress tonight, but it's late so I gotta stop.
This game is definitely my GOTY, never thought I would like it so much!

Can i finish this with a team of Skells? I only have the last heavy mechs and i gave them all some upgrades.
You can do mechanical 5. Archeology looks like a tougher enemy though. On another note I was in Obliva and unlocked a few mechanical 5 chests. I was pleased. Do not click if you don't want the surprise ruined.
Most of the required materials I have 0 of :(

I guess I'll go on a hunt then. Mind to share the name/location (in spoilers?)
I wrote a post giving tips on hunting level 30 Skell weapons. That includes you a location.

While waiting for the miranium tick, fun with friend ranking!
Doesn't it not tick when you're in menus?

any idea how to get the skill Dual Dynamo from L? Seems the best aura I can get for my GK build.
Skill? You mean art, right? But it is the same way you do for any characters signature art*. You're rewarded it after finishing one of their affinity missions. More exactly
the second one that needs 4 hearts of affinity with L and unlocks at chapter 12 (not sure if you need to do L's Conundrum or Booming Business)

*-Well some characters give you one upon joining. They only get one affinity quest.

Good job I looked all that up. I know from an affinity point of view I can bench several characters :p

vall03

So I just read that Ranged-Sniper build is not suitable with a party and it only works if you play solo. Have I wasted time and points for this build?!

Finalow

still trying to understand what's the OP Skell level 30 build I should get? :p

Skill? You mean art, right? But it is the same way you do for any characters signature art*. You're rewarded it after finishing one of their affinity missions. More exactly
the second one that needs 4 hearts of affinity with L and unlocks at chapter 12 (not sure if you need to do L's Conundrum or Booming Business)

*-Well some characters give you one upon joining. They only get one affinity quest.

Good job I looked all that up. I know from an affinity point of view I can bench several characters :p
yeah I meant art. and damn that's pretty much at the end of the game

I have more questions though,
1) I've seen some people using a mix of weapons, like Photon Saber/Sniper Rifle, how do you do that? And how do you get more than 4 skill slots?
2) any idea where the affinity quest Arms and the Man is or how to unlock it? Can't find it on the map screen, and I'm pretty sure I finished the meeting Yelv mission already. I need some way to gain TP faster (takes forever now to even reach 1000) and that skill I get from Yelv mission seems to be what l need.

h0tp0ck3t

I have more questions though,
1) I've seen some people using a mix of weapons, like Photon Saber/Sniper Rifle, how do you do that? And how do you get more than 4 skill slots?
2) any idea where the affinity quest Arms and the Man is or how to unlock it? Can't find it on the map screen, and I'm pretty sure I finished the meeting Yelv mission already. I need some way to gain TP faster (takes forever now to even reach 1000) and that skill I get from Yelv mission seems to be what l need.

1) When you hit rank 10 of the right most class in a tree you can use the weapons for anyother class. You only get 5 skill slots on the Drifter class (the first class)

2) Do the mission to recruit
Alexa
. You'll get an assault rifle called the Ramjet rifle that fires slow as hell and does next to no damage but generates like 1,000 TP per shot

jrush64

Banned
I've spent the first hours just leveling up. I'm on chapter 3 and I'm level 13. The mission structure of the game seems kinda odd.

No spoilers, but does the game have epic cutscenes like the first Xenoblade Chronicles?

Chaos17

I've spent the first hours just leveling up. I'm on chapter 3 and I'm level 13. The mission structure of the game seems kinda odd.

No spoilers, but does the game have epic cutscenes like the first Xenoblade Chronicles?

There isn't really a progression structure to follow.
That's one charm of the game, you choose your own pacing
but some rookies don't understand that then go whine in the other threads how much they fell lost -.-'

Finalow

1) When you hit rank 10 of the right most class in a tree you can use the weapons for anyother class. You only get 5 skill slots on the Drifter class (the first class)

2) Do the mission to recruit
Alexa
. You'll get an assault rifle called the Ramjet rifle that fires slow as hell and does next to no damage but generates like 1,000 TP per shot
shit you're right, that rifle has 300 TP gain, lol. I can't use it on this build right now, I suppose I need to max the Striker first branch.

so Drifter is the best post/late-game class, I see.

edit. nvm, I just realized that each class has different bonuses to stats.

Malus

Reached a landmark in Cauldros underneath a rock platform. Warped to it and it started me on top of the platform. Don't know if it's supposed to work like that lol. I mean I coulda got up there anyways by flying but still.

edit:Just found a natural way up. Woulda liked to have found that out normally.

Delio

You can do mechanical 5. Archeology looks like a tougher enemy though. On another note I was in Obliva and unlocked a few mechanical 5 chests. I was pleased. Do not click if you don't want the surprise ruined.
Most of the required materials I have 0 of :(

I wrote a post giving tips on hunting level 30 Skell weapons. That includes you a location.

Cool I'm almost level five mechanical e so I'm going to attempt that. ALSO thanks a bunch for the location for level 30 Skell weapons. I need to get gear to up the chance for them. I'm lv 41 tho should I just grind the rest of the way and get a 50 Skell and focus on that at this point?

Krigaren

Around 40 hours played, all chapters completed.

Great game but I wished the game/story was more seamless like Xenoblade. Feels kind of bad knowing we'll never get any answers to the million questions after that ending.

NeonZ

I don't mind that. I just wanted to know about the cutscenes. The first Xenoblade had some great ones.

There are some good cutscenes for special moments in the main story chapters, although overall less than in the original Xenoblade.

Many "normal" quests (initiated by talking with someone, rather than from the mission board) also have cutscenes this time though, and there are also the Affinity Quests, but they're both generally the less elaborate type.

El Odio

Banned
Finally managed to find time to get back to this and finish chapter 8:
Elma and that damn ether concerning winning and losing. But does the word mech/robot just not exist in this universe? Even the aliens call them skells? Kind of weird tbh.

Do you mean to tell me though that this was the pinnacle of action in the story? Lots of comments concerning the ending seem to imply that.

I'm still doing sidequests before starting ch.9. There are lots of them.
A dozen open up after I got other xenos into the city

I need more research probes!!

brau

the guide has lots of maps and lists of things and stuff but it only offers walkthroughs for affinity quests and the story. the normal and basic quests are mostly just listed with their objectives and some comments occasionally. no detailed guide for those. although there is a section for the normal / basic quests that details branching mission outcomes and stuff like the lobster quest have a picture guide. half of the guide or two thirds are made up of these quest/story walkthroughs and maps. the latter third is just a bestiary mostly.

I see... also the star system to tell you how challenging the missions are are not that great to indicate how well prepared you are atm.

They should've use the same color code as with the enemies to show which missions are out of your league.

I'll check the guide. as long as it has info on items and what not, that is mostly whati would use it.

How was the fight? Pretty tense? Decent? Are lvl 60 Skells recommended?

Incredibly stressful. Had to go at it a ton of times before I finally won. You'll definitely want high end skells. Bring one of those frame patches along I tried fighting it with Elma, Lin, Mia in level 50 skells but they blew up immediately. I had to abuse the shit out of overdrive to get through it.

Above everything, don't even attempt to fight it without 100 ether resistance. Without that resistance you'll die to it the moment phase 2 starts and it puts up it's damage over time aura that will hit you for 2k+ per second. Also Phase 3 is a huge waiting game while it gets free hits on you.

I have to go kill the damn thing a second time now too. Since I killed it while having a mission that had killing it as an optional objective, the Noctilum segment didn't get filled in.

hawk2025

Is it at all possible to do everything in the game without worrying about anyone other than Lin, Elma and Lao?

Other than affinity missions, of course.

Malus

When I first walked into Sylvalum and Cauldros I thought they were kinda underwhelming but a little exploration really opens things up.

Kouriozan

I couldn't find it either. I still don't even know where the NPC who tells you where to find it is.

she's behind the crates just inside the West Gate during the Afternoon
I remember having trouble finding the NPC giving you the info too, but totally forgot where he is.
I know it's also in the industrial district...maybe near Professor B or up the stairs?

Edit : found this on gamefaqs about Elma's 1st Heart to Heart
Elma:
1.Industrial District/West Gate(fast travel location)/1 hex Northeast/Afternoon]
Make sure she isn't in your party.

burgerdog

Sure does. Keep playing, you won't be disappointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom