• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless you have an extra HDD.. i usually go with hard copy on the WiiU.

Yeah have an external for my Wii U. I just heard it is best to download all the data packs for the game so digital sounded like the right way to go but I do like having a physical copy...

brau

Yeah have an external for my Wii U. I just heard it is best to download all the data packs for the game so digital sounded like the right way to go but I do like having a physical copy...

Oh really? like faster load times? if it helps with the popin of things, like assets and textures i woudl go digital then. Right now on disc the popin can be pretty obnoxious in some areas.

I'm getting this as an xmas gift. I really need to finish fallout 4 soon. You guys like the graphics? Only thing making me reluctant to play this game is the weak hardware of the Wii U.

brau

I'm getting this as an xmas gift. I really need to finish fallout 4 soon. You guys like the graphics? Only thing making me reluctant to play this game is the weak hardware of the Wii U.

It looks awesome. Game is quite ambitious and it delivers. Every area is different, the monsters have variety and they can be really breath taking. I think its pretty detailed in an MMO style but a lot more dense. I like it a lot. I wish it had high resolution shadows... but can't have everything i guess. :)

It looks awesome. Game is quite ambitious and it delivers. Every area is different, the monsters have variety and they can be really breath taking. I think its pretty detailed in an MMO style but a lot more dense. I like it a lot. I wish it had high resolution shadows... but can't have everything i guess. :)

Sweet, I'm really in the mood for some JRPG action. Last games I've played: Witcher 3, MGSV, and Fallout 4. I'm a little intimated by the scope but it should be fun. Now I just have to decide if I go with a male or female character...

brau

So i am curious now. Does the game perform better digital? with the popin? cuz if it does i will repurchase a digital copy.

Okay, so I need help on Chapter 9. My husband and I are both stuck here. We can't beat
Ga Jiarg, Ga Buidhe, and the Wrothian Warriors
, even though my husband is 10 levels higher than them! How are people beating this part?! Even after grinding, we can't seem to beat it. Maybe there's something we're missing here? It seems that we can't take our Skells into the battle, so I'm not sure what else to do. Is there maybe a specific class or party member that it's particularly helpful here?

I don't think grinding will help you much in this fight. Try switching to a different class.

I had trouble with him at first. Switched to Mastermind (not maxed), and managed to beat him first try. I was basically managing my party's health from afar (heals and buffs). They pretty much did all the hard work for me. Felt pretty amazing when I did it, lol.

Just try to have your heal/buff arts always ready for immediate reuse, and maybe save your TP for when a party member dies. Also, try to never miss a soul voice chance.

The all-party heal item might also come in handy (division reward).

zroid

Banned
time to take a break

did Elma's 2 heart to hearts
does she have more?

I'm currently grinding with Nagi trying to get Blossom Dance

Ya like I was saying I couldn't find the NPC who tells you where Elma's 1st HTH is...

I had already found the locations of her 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th ones. :lol

-Horizon-

so on the missions board, they show like star rankings for difficulty I guess. What does it mean when one or more of the stars is bigger?

jgwhiteus

Okay, here's another really basic thing about the game I've only realized several hours later, that makes navigating the map much less confusing:

The FN sites are ordered from top to bottom in single-line columns, starting from the very left of the map and moving to the right. So FN101 starts at the very left of the map, then if FN102 is in the same vertical column, it'll be below FN101. If there are no other FN sites in the same column, then you move to the next column to the right - FN103 could be north or south of FN101, but it'll be the topmost nav site in its own column. FN 104 could be below FN103, or if there are no additional nav sites in FN103's column, it could be in the next column over, etc.

Whenever I was searching for a specific FN site, I could never figure out how they were organized, and why the numbers would "skip" between FN sites that were right next to one another... it's because they're organized vertically (which I guess makes sense when you have a hex grid).

Ozium

Can't get archaeology to level 5 becaue that tyrant keeps owning me.. anyone have suggestions for a build? using mechs obviously :/

Evilkazz

Banned
About 10 hours into the post game. Got bored of going through old low level affinity/normal mission and just decided to find some good fights.

Are there any good ground level fights anymore? What I mean by this is that most of the harder enemies are all significantly large and are better suited for Skell combat. Most gangleon camps are all a lot weaker than me (unless I start taking 4-5 at a time).

I'm only asking because I just started to really experiment with some fun set ups but everything I find seem to be better dealt with in a Skell. Is this true for all the postgame besides multiplayer missions?

About 10 hours into the post game. Got bored of going through old low level affinity/normal mission and just decided to find some good fights.

Are there any good ground level fights anymore? What I mean by this is that most of the harder enemies are all significantly large and are better suited for Skell combat. Most gangleon camps are all a lot weaker than me (unless I start taking 4-5 at a time).

I'm only asking because I just started to really experiment with some fun set ups but everything I find seem to be better dealt with in a Skell. Is this true for all the postgame besides multiplayer missions?
You could do time attack missions, which usually prohibit Skells and aren't actually multiplayerz you could also try your luck at just not using a skell vs the high level tyrants

Kouriozan

Can't get archaeology to level 5 becaue that tyrant keeps owning me.. anyone have suggestions for a build? using mechs obviously :/
Yeah, I had the same problem, that's about when I went for the Ares 90 skell.
2 of those 4,2M level 50 skells wasn't enough, at most I could remove half of his HP before getting destroyed.
It's really the hardest quest of the 3.

And so it begins, interspecies romance.

with so many Xenos it was only a matter of time

Kitty! :3
WVW69iq3B_Q0QAISUg

Some Nobody

What....what even is this game, yo. I started the Chapter 5 quest and I'm level 15. I might be underleveled but I don't think so. But I can't get anywhere because in Noctilum level 34-38 monsters are not only everywhere, they're hostile AND they can pop out of nowhere to OHKO me.

I don't even know what to do anymore. >_< Is there a safe route that I'm just avoiding because WTF. And Noctilum is absolutely beautiful too, but I can't enjoy it 'cause everything's going to kill me.

Oh.. Didn't know that

Now I wish my camera didn't swap my Skell's vehicle/dash camera angle when I used it :\

Ugh I hate the camera in this game fierce.

L+right stick to control your camera distance

it goes a little crazy when too far out in closed in areas

I don't let the camera better me in battles
arts are pretty forgiving as long as you already had the enemy targeted you hit it even if you lose sight of it

zroid

Banned
What....what even is this game, yo. I started the Chapter 5 quest and I'm level 15. I might be underleveled but I don't think so. But I can't get anywhere because in Noctilum level 34-38 monsters are not only everywhere, they're hostile AND they can pop out of nowhere to OHKO me.

I don't even know what to do anymore. >_< Is there a safe route that I'm just avoiding because WTF. And Noctilum is absolutely beautiful too, but I can't enjoy it 'cause everything's going to kill me.

You are a bit underleveled... I think 19-20 is probably good for Ch 5

wait isn't Ch 5 in Oblivia?

also there's almost always a safe route :p cling to walls if you have to

Finalow

I swear some monsters make no fucking sense.

"level 38 mid-size flying monster, should be easy with these 2 level 30 G-buster Skells", nope, got wiped, G-buster damage did like 1/30 of his HP bar.

okay

You are a bit underleveled... I think 19-20 is probably good for Ch 5

wait isn't Ch 5 in Oblivia?

Yes. Ch. 4 is in Noctilum, though.

20ish would be the right level for Ch5, considering the enemies you go up against.

As to high-level enemies, just avoid them. They aren't meant to be fought during that chapter and it's entirely possible to avoid engaging them. This applies to both Oblivia and Noctilum.

Zomba13

Is it at all possible to do everything in the game without worrying about anyone other than Lin, Elma and Lao?

Other than affinity missions, of course.

There is one prerequisite affinity mission that needs Gwin but I forgot what level affinity. I think 1 heart.

So what's up with sectors saying there is a normal mission in that area but there is no normal mission to be found?

depends on chapters, other missions you have to do before this shows up, or time of day/night

I went to the base hangouts of the
cat xenos
before they moved in

the world does change a little depends on your progress the map is only marked because you get clues from the NPC bubbles that goes to you map

I swear some monsters make no fucking sense.

"level 38 mid-size flying monster, should be easy with these 2 level 30 G-buster Skells", nope, got wiped, G-buster damage did like 1/30 of his HP bar.

okay

this depends on how maxed out your Skells are

do you have all gems slots full?
did you get all your gear?

some enemies are just though no matter what level they are

while you can find level 50 enemies you could beat easily at level 25

edit: another reason you get killed, it by something bigger you did not see that is nearby who joined in and one shot you

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
I'm doing an affinity mission (to progress to ch11) to kill some enemies with a soldier rifle. I'm doing so but it isn't counting. Do I have to use a specific soldier rifle? I have around 6 of them in my inventory.

Not_Mario

Neo Member
This is maybe a weird thing to notice but I love how they've made the game camera feel like a real one without stuff like annoying lens dirt effects. There's a very restrained use of lens flair and after MGSV I can really appreciate that.

Mostly, I like how when the camera is pointed in the direction of the sun, the whole sky around it is a bright white. It lends a weirdly realistic quality to the lighting even though shadows don't move.

The exiting caves lighting effect could use some work though since everything outside goes from looking like night to daytime when it should look bright from inside the cave itself. It seems like it has to do with how their engine handles the shift of lighting in a scene, like outdoors to in a cave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom