• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lexxism

I'm doing an affinity mission (to progress to ch11) to kill some enemies with a soldier rifle. I'm doing so but it isn't counting. Do I have to use a specific soldier rifle? I have around 6 of them in my inventory.
It's probably mentioned what rifle to use. Try reading it again.

Kyzon

So there is nothing better in the game than the art that swaps your tp and hp, correct? I end battles with a switch so I can start the next one ready for overdrive again.

Kouriozan

I'm 87 hours in and haven't even touched the augment system, well aside from upgrading the ones that are already in the gears.
Maybe I was absorbed by the huge amount of content to do, or I'm just weird. Anyway, my Ares will need some so I'll have to focus on it one day or another.
But then there is those affinity quest that I haven't touched since I finished the story, and I still don't have the trading cards or lobster quest >.<
I swear you need like 300 hours to complete everything :lol

How do you revive people in battle? I ran over and hit the prompt a few times to revive someone and it worked fine, but now the prompt never comes up anymore. Also, can your allies revive you?

Wiseblade

So I sucked up my pride and took the difficulty hit on the final mission.

that's one way to explain why the human population of NLA doesn't immediately swell after completing the story.

Wouldn't you still be able to bring back anyone who was in a mimeosome, since that data was stored on the surface level server? It's just all the civilian data that was lost.

How do you revive people in battle? I ran over and hit the prompt a few times to revive someone and it worked fine, but now the prompt never comes up anymore. Also, can your allies revive you?

You need 3,000 TP to res. The same amount it takes to enter Overdrive.

Allies can res, but they suck at conserving TP from what I've noticed.

random25

You need 3000 TP and yes, your allies can revive you as long as they also have 3000 TP.

Leiru

I cant believe they finally found it, looks really familiar for some reason.
tByIrPj.jpg

So I sucked up my pride and took the difficulty hit on the final mission.

that's one way to explain why the human population of NLA doesn't immediately swell after completing the story.

Wouldn't you still be able to bring back anyone who was in a mimeosome, since that data was stored on the surface level server? It's just all the civilian data that was lost.

Wasn't that one only for the DNA ?

Finalow

this depends on how maxed out your Skells are

do you have all gems slots full?
did you get all your gear?

some enemies are just though no matter what level they are

while you can find level 50 enemies you could beat easily at level 25

edit: another reason you get killed, it by something bigger you did not see that is nearby who joined in and one shot you
I have no gems/augments for Skells, not sure if I have to craft them?

got most of the "OP weapons", phoenix, g-buster, drones etc., and no it wasn't another monster. is there a good spot for grinding until 40-45 with a level 30 Skell? edit. nvm, found such place.

Some Nobody

You are a bit underleveled... I think 19-20 is probably good for Ch 5

wait isn't Ch 5 in Oblivia?

also there's almost always a safe route :p cling to walls if you have to

Yeah, I meant to say Chapter 4. Either way I'm feeling terribly underleveled. I dunno. At first I tried to fast travel to the nearest location and run from there, but I teleported in the middle of a bunch of level 38 monsters, which is lol. Soon as I move, I'm instantly caught and KO'd. Frustrating is putting it mildly.

I have no gems/augments for Skells, not sure if I have to craft them?

got most of the "OP weapons", phoenix, g-buster, drones etc., and no it wasn't another monster. is there a good spot for grinding until 40-45 with a level 30 Skell?

yeah you make them where you invest in stores
they help power up those weapons

Haunted

So am I understanding this right that only Skells destroyed by the active character lose one count of insurance?

If a squad member loses their Skell it's restored for free?

But if a squad member loses a Skell that didn't have any insurance left (because I as a player character used it all up), then it costs a salvage ticket/money?

Because that's a much less punishing system than I feared.

So am I understanding this right that only Skells destroyed by the active character lose one count of insurance?

If a squad member loses their Skell it's restored for free?

But if a squad member loses a Skell that didn't have any insurance left (because I as a player character used it all up), then it costs a salvage ticket/money?

Because that's a much less punishing system than I feared.

yeah seems so you still have to go the the barracks to get them active again

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Post chapter 12 question: (not story related)

it said that there would be quests for me to help get quick money and BP? Where are these? Looking at elaenors list there's nothing really decent...

When does the quest needed to begin
Hope's
recruitment quest come up on the board?

I could have sworn I saw it up there a couple days ago but it's not there anymore....

GWX

I just entered Noctilum for the first time; level 12, 7 hours in, having just finished chapter 3, and just for the heck of it - no missions requiring such thing.

I actually didn't go through the corridor that leads to it, I jumped around like a monkey over the mountains and fell into its gloriousness.

This game, this fucking game.

Haunted

yeah seems so you still have to go the the barracks to get them active again
While that's a bit of a pain, it's still tolerable since it doesn't actually cost me in-game resources (just a minute of my time).

I just bought Elma a new lvl 30 Skell because I fucked up the insurance on her old one (which was my old one) and I do not trust the AI to not fuck up their Skell constantly. Buying a new one is definitely cheaper than repairing it. What a wonderful allegory for our consumerist society.

Ulysses 31

Post chapter 12 question: (not story related)

it said that there would be quests for me to help get quick money and BP? Where are these? Looking at elaenors list there's nothing really decent...

The support missions in the Blade Barracks console in the back.

Probably staying up until 5 am playing this game. Just addictive.

Need to grind more to take down those dougills. Keep killing me at the very last minute.

While that's a bit of a pain, it's still tolerable since it doesn't actually cost me in-game resources (just a minute of my time).

I just bought Elma a new lvl 30 Skell because I fucked up the insurance on her old one (which was my old one) and I do not trust the AI to not fuck up their Skell constantly. Buying a new one is definitely cheaper than repairing it. What a wonderful allegory for our consumerist society.

nods:

So do many people know that we can chat when in squad?

Free report without miiverse logo = real time chat

It's been like 2 weeks and i just bumped into a talkative and veey communicative squad today lol

So do many people know that we can chat when in squad?

Free report without miiverse logo = real time chat

It's been like 2 weeks and i just bumped into a talkative and veey communicative squad today lol

It's just a shame they don't display character names along with it.
Killing Telethia Plume 275 times in one run after failing to the real thing a million times is incredibly cathartic.

Lexxism

Pretty sure my Frame-50 Urban is more powerful than a Ares-90 now...
Damn. This is what I'm thinking of doing. Currently getting the items for Boost Evasion XX. I assume you use one? Do you know where can I get the other materials except Slimy Epithelium?

Vena

augments are sick XD

That's largely just farming superior gear for perfect stat spreads, lol. I have 5 M.ACC augments to throw my accuracy into the stratosphere and then the three frame augments.

Damn. This is what I'm thinking of doing. Currently getting the items for Boost Evasion XX. I assume you use one? Do you know where can I get the other materials except Slimy Epithelium?

No. Only augment equipped is M.ACC.

"Look for eyewitness accounts in ..."

Running into one of these is like getting coal for christmas. *checks spreadsheet, prays*

e: spreadsheet has failed me. Off to youtube
e2: youtube has failed me. Fuck this game

If anybody knows where the magical yellow speech bubble is in Alexa's "what the skell" affinity mission, please record it for future generations!

e3: I am that man, apparently. There's no magical yellow bubble for this one, you're supposed to take the road east towards the administrative district and one of the speech bubbles hints that somebody's waiting for you on the lower level (near the water)

Finalow

2015.5.16_1-min.jpg

Something like that in Oblivia. The important thing is to have that duplicate probe on the 4 way intersection and to have all the sightseeing spots unlocked.
that alone doesn't give you 180k though, right? I'm just missing the red probe II (only using the standard red probe), and I'm getting 50k. any idea where you get that probe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom