• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Conezays

Not sure if this has already been answered, but would be appreciated if anyone knows.

Any way to turn off Squad notifications in the upper left corner of the screen? Couldn't seem to find it in the settings menu.

jorgejjvr

For those having problems

Here is how you can get your Special Edition music anywhere

it is using Z-zip

1)

image.png

2)

image.png
Here's how I got the songs from the executable, afterwards I converted the WAV to MP3

This is on page 28 of this thread

Tyeforce

So I've heard that you can edit your character later after you make it, is that correct? And if so, what all can be changed? Can you change your character's voice later? Because I'm having an extremely hard time deciding which voice to use... >.<

Hey guys,

Sorry of going a little off topic but I reckon it's much better to ask all of you instead of making a new thread.

Should I get the Wii U or 3DS version of Xenoblade Chronicles? I'd rather game on the go but having it on the big screen is a draw too.

Ostinatto

after 4 hours i still can't install the 10 gigs.

do i have to make 20 gigs of space in order to install the items?

i only have 15 gigs free.

Error code 105-3733

brinstar

So I've heard that you can edit your character later after you make it, is that correct? And if so, what all can be changed? Can you change your character's voice later? Because I'm having an extremely hard time deciding which voice to use... >.<
from what I've heard, you can change everything after chapter 5

Beats

Man, the font is incredibly small. I'm sitting maybe 8-9 feet from my TV and some of the stuff in the UI is hard to read.

Malus

So uh...just made it to the character creator.

Holy shit the music. Ohhhhhh

And I actually...like the faces?

edit: I like my character's face at least lol

Dineren

Banned
Here's how I got the songs from the executable, afterwards I converted the WAV to MP3

This is on page 28 of this thread

Didn't even think of looking at the drive itself in 7zip. I looked at the exe and it was just the usb encryption software information. Sorry anyone I worried!

jorgejjvr

Didn't even think of looking at the drive itself in 7zip. I looked at the exe and it was just the usb encryption software information. Sorry anyone I worried!
Yeah it took me awhile to realize too, but is possible from 7 zip to copy the songs to your desktop per say

From there you can convert

And boom, take your songs anywhere. They are on my phone.

L~A

This is me when I'm trying to read the menus:

too-small.gif

Pretty much :p

This is really my n°1 complaint about the game.... really annoying.

That and no sound on GamePad when playing on TV. Of course that one is never gonna get patched :(

Which is sad. Those are really my only two negative points about the game, which is fantastic.

Stargypsy

"Installing downloadable content" is taking forever. The time remaining has been jumping all over the place. I'm gonna end up eating all my game snacks before I even start the game.

aravuus

Looks like executing an attack the friendlies are asking you to ("Move in and deal some damage" -> melee art etc) doesn't always trigger the B button prompt thing? Just now did a melee attack after Elma said that and the game went into slow motion for a second and I think my characters healed a bit.

Also, do the collectables respawn every x minutes or do I have to get far away from them, save and reload or something similar?

TheMoon

Covered in the OP's FAQ. You can change everything.

Hey guys,

Sorry of going a little off topic but I reckon it's much better to ask all of you instead of making a new thread.

Should I get the Wii U or 3DS version of Xenoblade Chronicles? I'd rather game on the go but having it on the big screen is a draw too.

Same quality game, no real drawbacks in either version. Go with whatever you feel fits your playstyle best.

Well, I've been having a swell time apart from being myself stuck on an affinity quest with some random doucher. Can't kill the boss, can't do anything else until the quest is finished. Guess I'll just be grinding away for a bit.

Anyone know how auras work?

Also, I've been wallclimbing like a mofo. Have been almost everywhere in Primordia.

MilkBeard

This song in the beginning when you first come across the two people and decide your path is giving me Final Fantasy VI Veldt vibes. Sounds really cool.

Hey guys,

Both are fine, but it believe the smaller screen hides some of the "low res" character models and some awkward textures.
Just bought a new 3ds for it, it looks and plays quite well, sometimes the Wii version looked a bit off on my TV with the Wii component cables

But there's no way to go wrong with it.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
If I have an external hard drive that I think is 5400 RPM but can't confirm (Buffalo DriveStation Axis 2 TB USB 3.0 Desktop Hard Drive - HD-LB2.0TU3), is there a consensus about whether it's better to put the data packs on the internal or external drive? I keep seeing comparisons that show the external being faster, but those comparisons were all done with 7200 RPM HDDs.

Vitacat

FURIOUS.

So my Bestbuy copy of the LE arrived. One edge of the outer box was slightly bashed. OK, so I was ready to accept that...

Then I opened it and saw that edge of the art book is also bashed.

VERY angry and disappointed.

What are my options?

Heading to my local BB store. Not sure what to say.

UPDATE:

Went to my local store and miracle of miracles, they had one extra copy in the back that was not even in the inventory system!!!

Exchanged, all is well. SO HAPPY. =)

Now to play! =)

I'm slightly confused at the Squad-Selection, is there really no way to manually pick a squad besides friends? And no spoilers please but I'm curious, is it ever explained why Tatsu
can handle human language and mannerisms so well?

BashNasty

So, I've been on the fence about this game for awhile. On one hand a lot of the various systems look interesting and the world looks massive and beautiful. On the other hand, I'm not a fan of a long game just for the sake of a long game. If a game starts to drag out or get repetitive, I'll lose interest quickly, unless the game feel is amazing (as a recent example, see the wingsuiting in Just Cause 3).

I recently read this review from the AV Club. It seems like the reviewer is coming to the game in a similar way that I would come to it, and he raises some very valid concerns about game bloat which have me worried. I'm all for putting a lot of time into a huge game (see: Fallout 4), but not if a lot of that time is padding.

So I'm curious about what you all think. Is the game bloated, or is everything you're doing so fun that it doesn't even matter. I'm well aware that this is not the best time nor the best thread to get levelheaded opinions, but I'd still imagine that some people will be able to dig through the hype and give me some great insight.

Amalthea

Banned
3 things I noticed:

-If you have to fight a certain number of monsters but there are not enough around, you can just travel to the closest quicktravel spot and they will be respawned.

-The text of some guy in NLA was messed up and ran over the box and outside the screen.

-The closest zoom level is like a first-person mode. Pretty wild.

Unison

So, I've been on the fence about this game for awhile. On one hand a lot of the various systems look interesting and the world looks massive and beautiful. On the other hand, I'm not a fan of a long game just for the sake of a long game. If a game starts to drag out or get repetitive, I'll lose interest quickly, unless the game feel is amazing (as a recent example, see the wingsuiting in Just Cause 3).

I recently read this review from the AV Club. It seems like the reviewer is coming to the game in a similar way that I would come to it, and he raises some very valid concerns about game bloat which have me worried. I'm all for putting a lot of time into a huge game (see: Fallout 4), but not if a lot of that time is padding.

So I'm curious about what you all think. Is the game bloated, or is everything you're doing so fun that it doesn't even matter. I'm well aware that this is not the best time nor the best thread to get levelheaded opinions, but I'd still imagine that some people will be able to dig through the hype and give me some great insight.

The vast majority of the content is optional, so it should be a nonissue.

My copy of the game has arrived! Now I too will endure the hell that is creating my B-cup Female MC.
I have a really hard time settling on what my MC looks like when I can customize.

Chaos17

FURIOUS.

So my Bestbuy copy of the LE arrived. One edge of the outer box was slightly bashed. OK, so I was ready to accept that...

What are my options?

Ask for either refund or replacement, bring your receipt.

EloNoolah

FURIOUS.

What are my options?

Same problem here. I'm considering contacting Nintendo Customer Support to try and get a replacement but I'm not entirely sure what sort of issue it would be considered. It's a shame because the art book was the primary reason I went for the Special Edition :/

jorgejjvr

Pretty much :p

This is really my n°1 complaint about the game.... really annoying.

That and no sound on GamePad when playing on TV. Of course that one is never gonna get patched :(

Which is sad. Those are really my only two negative points about the game, which is fantastic.
Yikes... L
I was hoping for music to come out of the game pad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom