• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.

aravuus

Based on some of my old recordings...you receive a chunk of miranium every 30 minutes, and a chunk of money every 15 minutes(so twice per each miranium receiving). You receive the numbers listed on your FrontierNav screen on the gamepad, which are determined by the probes you have placed on all of your activated FN Spots. edit: The timer doesn't tick while you're in menus, I think. Not sure if the shallow menu that still lets you run around counts or not.

I believe rare resources(or whatever they're called) work similarly, except you receive them every [howevermanyminutes] after setting a mining probe on a spot that has them, so if you set stuff at different times you'll be getting notifications for them at different times than everything else. Or maybe the probe level affects their frequency. I can try and look into the exact times for that today.

I actually wrote a small program that lets you play around with a simulated network of the probes, but I don't think I'll have it 'ready' for other people to use until later in the weekend.

Haha, you've probably answered all of my questions so far. Great information, thank you! Sounds like idling for money is a possibility if one wishes to do so.

e: lmao JUST got the Miranium and money as I was typing this

Letep

I was able to copy files to it on my Mac so I assume there are no restrictions. I can't even get it to mount on my PC. The only file on there is soundtrack.exe so I copied it to my PC from my Mac and it won't launch. Pretty annoying that even with a limited soundtrack they won't just provide the files directly.

It is compatible with macs? I take it back. That's good.

Is it just me, or are all the Avatar bases just characters from the first game with a minor detail change?

Like, Boy B is literally just Dunban with a haircut. And it's only reinforced by one of his hairstyle options being Dunban's hair.

Also, curses to hairstyle options being per-base. One Female base has Saber's hair almost EXACT, whilst the base face that DOES look like Saber's has nothing alike. The ultimate Chargen troll.

T'would seem 2015 RPG Chargens conspire to ensure I will never make a character that looks like Saber.

On a scale of 1-10, how overwhelming would this game be for someone who didn't play the other one???

1 being Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival

10 being How reviewers treated The Wonderful 101

TI82

Banned
Guys, so excited! Nintendo games have a very unique smell.

rfELe5f.jpg

Two things, BTW:

Does everything seem... Quiet... To anyone else? I'm getting the same audio issues I had back with Skyrim where even at max volume I have to get close to hear things properly. To my speakers, that is.

And on another note... Is it just me or are the menus being upscaled from 480p? They look unusually blurry/pixelated for 720p.

zakujanai

My copy came this morning, haven't even unwrapped it. Never would've thought a couple of years ago that I'd be this nonplussed about this game. It was my second most anticipated game after Trails SC for a long time.

Hopefully once I start it it'll grab me more, probably shouldn't have started The Witcher 3 last weekend though.

Haha, you've probably answered all of my questions so far. Great information, thank you! Sounds like idling for money is a possibility if one wishes to do so.

e: lmao JUST got the Miranium and money as I was typing this

Glad I could help :)

And yeah, pretty much. I don't know if this is from idling or what, but I've got ~90mil gold on my Japanese save. And absolutely nothing left to spend it on...

Aaaand I just got the notifications while in the walkingaroundmenu in my game while typing this too :U. Guess that one's safe to stay idled at.

Raven77

Im a little confused about the hate for the music? I just flipped through about 25 songs on a youtube channel that had 55 songs from the game on it. They all sounded pretty great.

Is it just that they play at awkward times and situations that don't fit with whats going on in the game?

Im a little confused about the hate for the music? I just flipped through about 25 songs on a youtube channel that had 55 songs from the game on it. They all sounded pretty great.

Is it just that they play at awkward times and situations that don't fit with whats going on in the game?

Many don't like the composer's style.

This game is all him.

The game for Wii was different composers(not sure if he was there as well).

I don't have the game yet but I liked what I heard from the soundtrack and the tracks I didn't like didn't bother me.

Went with the Harriers, but it looks like you can change anytime you want thankfully, just costs a bit of money.

Harriers are second last on the rankings lol
I should point our here the divisions give a bonus when doing their recommended activities but it appears you'll still rack up points for your BLADE level doing any activity that grands points. For example picking up a collectible gives Curators 5 points while all other divisions get 1 point for doing this.

In terms of points towards the daily rankings in the above example I think curators would get 5 points for that task while the others would get none. The daily rankings also have a sort of comeback mechanic in the form of higher morale (the division icon is yellow) if your is doing better than it did the day before which will give them more points (but is this points only for the daily ranking or also in general, I don't know).

Edit: terms. I assume it all balances it out though unless you really go out of your way to not do recommended tasks

Mik317

uh.

yeah

yeah

yeah

uh.

Raven77

Many don't like the composer's style.

This game is all him.

The game for Wii was different composers(not sure if he was there as well).

I don't have the game yet but I liked what I heard from the soundtrack and the tracks I didn't like didn't bother me.

Is it because it's got a lot of rock and electronic sounds to it? I'm guessing the previous Xenoblade was more orchestral? If so, then yeah I could see being disappointed.

TheMoon

Is there really no way to output audio to headphones while still using the second screen experience? Who the hell came up with this? No wonder they are so far behind. Jesus.

Answer is still no. This is the one thing they should have standardized across the system. Some games support it, some don't. And it's always annoying.

Is it because it's got a lot of rock and electronic sounds to it? I'm guessing the previous Xenoblade was more orchestral? If so, then yeah I could see being disappointed.

Nope, that's not the problem :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OfNgkxkM_o
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xi0M9SIaLb4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgcSfGSCiNs

I haven't played that one either but I think that's it.

Plus, many hate vocals.

I'm glad there are them here.

I spent a day downloading and redownloading those fucking data packs as they kept failing.

I start the game and it installs the DLC, I check my HD an hour later and only one of those fuckers made it.

What the hell had I been downloading? Now I'm doing the other 3 individually from the game start up screen so I can at least be fucking sure it installs each one.

Is your console set to auto power down from not being used? Also do you have an external HDD. If so,have you disabled the sleep functions of the hard drive through the Wii U menu?

Effect

On a scale of 1-10, how overwhelming would this game be for someone who didn't play the other one???

There are no story connections. It's like the Final Fantasy series. You can jump into any numbered version and be fine because they're almost all self contained unless you have direct sequels like Final Fantasy X and Final Fantasy X-2. What you might see are carry overs in terms of npc races like the Nippon (what Tatsu is) in the same way Final Fantasy games have moogles or chocobos in them. At least on that front there shouldn't be anything overwheleming.

Edit:

This game is suppose to have a game manual built right into the menu system. The first game had that as well. Take the time to go through if you're confused and pay attention to the tutorial prompts as they appear. I assume that happens here as it did in the last games. That was super frustrating to watch people try top lay the first game and them ignore the prompts and then wonder how to do something or why something wasn't working. Don't think we have a Wonderful 101 situation. That game tried to teach you stuff while dropping you in the pool at the same time.

v0mitg0d

In off-TV mode, tapping the screen only seems to give me the option to switch back to TV mode or use a gesture. It's bizarre that I am unable to figure out how to access the Segment Map in off-TV mode. I seriously hope that it's possible, otherwise that's really lame to lose that functionality.

I get sound in my hedaphones, but when the game loads i get no sound from the game itself, only the OS sounds.

There are no story connections. It's like the Final Fantasy series. You can jump into any numbered version and be fine because they're almost all self contained unless you have direct sequels like Final Fantasy X and Final Fantasy X-2. What you might see are carry overs in terms of npc races like the Nippon (what Tatsu is) in the same way Final Fantasy games have moogles or chocobos in them.

Thanks, moreso meant picking up the battle system and gameplay related intricacies.

Having a lot of fun with the game so far.

New Los Angeles is so huge. It's taking me a long time to just explore the city and find all the NPCs, especially with my desire to fill out the affinity chart.

And I have to say that Lin is pretty awesome so far, which I wasn't quite expecting.

Just grabbed my special edition a couple of moments ago. Now, I have the torturous wait to see whether the NX console will have backwards compatibility with the Wii U since I currently don't have the respective platform to play it. Otherwise, I'll wait for a massive discount on the system. I hope everyone enjoys the adventure in the mean time!

MilkBeard

I've played the game for about an hour, and I have to say, I'm enjoying myself so far. The game does a pretty good job of easing you in. Not only that, but the world seems pretty exciting and I generally feel more interested in exploring it than I did in the original XC game. I like the more sci-fi angle.

Also, the music has been great so far. I know that some weird songs are coming up, with lyrics, but I am generally really digging the purely instrumental ones.

As for the visuals, you can see where they made cuts so that they could make such an expansive world, but at the same time, its really impressive to see the massive world at such a detail on the WiiU.

CodeBlueMega

Neo Member
Has anyone else had problems with this game giving error codes with their hard drive? I have watched the opening scene where Elma shows you the planet at least four times now, each time I'm getting error code 106-0105.... not to happy after buying a brand new hard drive and a Y cable.

There's a track that plays in Noctilum that sounds really good and caught me off guard since I wasn't expecting singing in it but when the lyrics came in I thought it was pretty nice. Surprising, because I don't usually like singing in video games more ambient music.

This track.

Went to go pick up my pre order at a GameStop in a local mall and... They can't get the gate for the store open. They've apparently between trying since 9am without success to get in. Really hoping I can get my game before the end of the day. Also, screw Amazon. They sent me a notice 2 days ago saying my order for the guide was upgraded to same day delivery, but today I got a notice saying is been delayed to the 9th. The universe simply doesn't want me to play this game :(

Ive never played the other one and I bought a Wii U for this game. Its not that hard to get into, to me it plays just like the dragon age games if youre in to those then you whould be fine. There were some things on screen on the UI and HUD i had no idea what they were but a quick look at the manual explained everything really well. Im loving the game so far.

Dineren

Banned
Just the usb storage. The actual soundtrack requires windows to access. Doesnt seem to work on Windows 10 though.

Just tried it on my work computer with Windows 10 and it works fine so must just be an issue with my computer at home. The soundtrack seems to be encrypted on the storage and it requires running the executable to access the wav files so Mac/Linux users are out of luck unless something like Wine works. Pretty lame to distribute it like that nowadays when you can probably just download the actual complete soundtrack online anyway.

jorgejjvr

I was able to copy files to it on my Mac so I assume there are no restrictions. I can't even get it to mount on my PC. The only file on there is soundtrack.exe so I copied it to my PC from my Mac and it won't launch. Pretty annoying that even with a limited soundtrack they won't just provide the files directly.

It is compatible with macs? I take it back. That's good.

Just tried it on my work computer with Windows 10 and it works fine so must just be an issue with my computer at home. The soundtrack seems to be encrypted on the storage and it requires running the executable to access the wav files so Mac/Linux users are out of luck unless something like Wine works. Pretty lame to distribute it like that nowadays when you can probably just download the actual complete soundtrack online anyway.
You can copy the files with 7 zip, I did that, and converted them to mp3 and they are now on my phone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom