• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.

shingi70

Banned
Well my Job had 5 copies but apparently the game is nowhere to be found and might be in a box that can't be open till the 8th.

Going to swing by another location afterwork to see if they have it out.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Lol UPS. Guessing the package was lost because it hasn't updated the location since they received it and it doesn't have an estimated arrival date anymore.

Can wait a few more days I guess, looking forward to it showing up halfway across the country tomorrow.

I'm in the same position, no movement since yesterday morning (where it was only 3 driving hours away from my location). Arrival date changed from 12/04 to "scheduled delivery date is not available at this time". I called Best Buy just to confirm thst there is zero chance of me reviewing the package today, and now I'm heading out to buy the standard edition.

MilkBeard

Whew. Finally got to a beach. My character said "Alright, feel like a new man." You damn well should, you just swam like 20 miles.

So uh...

Lara Nara... Yeah.

I think there's a discussion to be had about him and offensive (And cliched) stereotypes. Because as of right now, I'm putting his characterization right on the par of DXHR's Letitia.

Dragoshi1

After trading in GTA V, and using my 10 dollar rewards points and gamers club, got the last special edition at my Best Buy, for 41 bucks. After seeing reviews and hearing about it, decided to buy it on a whim, so I didn't preorder.

Also didn't install the data packs, so for 3 hours, and still waiting for everything to install.

rhandino

Banned
My copy of the game is coming next week... ch...

U36rHOC.gif

Vitacat

Same problem here. I'm considering contacting Nintendo Customer Support to try and get a replacement but I'm not entirely sure what sort of issue it would be considered. It's a shame because the art book was the primary reason I went for the Special Edition :/

So I went to my BB, and they had one extra copy in the back!!!

SO HAPPY.

Perfect art book now. :)

So yeah, if you have a large BB in your area, see if they have an extra to exchange for.

Kouriozan

Wow, that Chapter 4 boss that destroyed me at first was so easy at the second attempt.
Only did a few sidequest and bought better armors, the NPC only had starting gears :lol
Also I'm loving those flying ether gun, those arts are so cool looking.

R.D.Blax

So uh...

Lara Nara... Yeah.

I think there's a discussion to be had about him and offensive (And cliched) stereotypes. Because as of right now, I'm putting his characterization right on the par of DXHR's Letitia.

I raised an eyebrow when I meet him the first time too. But I think he get a little better later

BashNasty

This game is not for people who seek instant gratification. The core of the gameplay is to build up your team through leveling, upgrading skills, armors, etc... To be able to get into that customisation you've to invest time in optional systems.

Mind you, I'm not one who needs "instant gratification", but I do need everything I'm doing to be fun. I'm worried that a lot of the stuff you'll end up doing in X will feel more like filler.

So for the extra files, I wanna install them all but I just bought a 3 tb hard drive for my xbox. Anybody know if I can format part for the Wii U and part for my Bone?

Sadist

Been playing for a few hours now.

"Ooowww yeah exploring and shit"

*Explores the area outside NLA, comes across lvl 81 monster*

"Ffffffffffuuuuuuucccccck"

Music really grows on you.

Hey, I don't have it either, waiting on UPS. I have a feeling its going to be late, like 7pm or something. I made a promise to myself, I'm playing at least 2 hours of it regardless when it comes tonight.

haha yeah, I'm gonna play at least 2-3 hours myself even though I have to get up very early tomorrow morning.

We're extremely backed up for the holidays. I know yesterday I was delivering stuff until like 10pm.

Currently on my lunch break lol.

Hey... hey... Don't you realize this is Xenoblade X we are talking about here? That takes priority over lunch! Come on!

Joking, of course. Don't work too hard. ;) I know it's busy for you guys right now. :(

TheMoon

Not sure if this has already been answered, but would be appreciated if anyone knows.

Any way to turn off Squad notifications in the upper left corner of the screen? Couldn't seem to find it in the settings menu.

If someone knows...

is it not here?

snz6a0i.jpg

So for the extra files, I wanna install them all but I just bought a 3 tb hard drive for my xbox. Anybody know if I can format part for the Wii U and part for my Bone?

No. Wii U takes all or nothing.

Ain't no half steppin' :)

Raven77

Mind you, I'm not one who needs "instant gratification", but I do need everything I'm doing to be fun. I'm worried that a lot of the stuff you'll end up doing in X will feel more like filler.

I think me and you are twins. I've got no problem sinking time into a game as long as what i'm doing is fun. I also don't need instant flash-bank gratification.

I LOVE EXPLORATION games, my God, I just adore them. I love Bethesda games and Rockstar games where I can just run off into the world and make my own adventures, find items, explore the world.

I am still not sure if Xenoblade is for me.

Guys, is there a way to buy probes or are they only given to you and found in wreckages? I wanted some storage probes but only have two (which were given by the NPC that taught me how to use them).

Kadin

Anyone else finding the camera a bit wonky at times? I have the speeds turned all the way up because I like it fast and responsive but it seems that sometimes the camera pov will come in close and tight and all of the sudden the panning speed and reset speeds slow to a crawl. I have to continue moving until the camera decides to pan back out and then all of a sudden it's snappy again.

I just started noticing this as I'm touring NLA. Gone through all the camera settings and I'm not seeing why it's behaving this way...

Stupid me switched the Wii U off last night before the download for the four data packs was fully complete. Now they've corrupted and I've had to delete and start the download again.

I've gone to play the game whilst it's downloading in the background but now I've got a "Downloading add-on content..." screen and an option to go back to the Wii U Menu or Start Software.

Stupid question time. I CAN start the software and just play the game without the data packs and let it download in the background, right? I'm scared that interrupting it will stop the download (or knowing my luck, break it and corrupt the data or something) - and I'll have to start over a third time. I just don't want to wait 2 hours for this before getting stuck back in.

matmanx1

Amazon sent me notification earlier in the week that I had been upgraded to release day delivery for this game. I was like "Yay!". Today they sent me a notification that there had been some sort of problem with UPS and that my game was going to be delayed by 1 - 2 business days. Boooo!

Oh well. See you guys next week!

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Amazon sent me notification earlier in the week that I had been upgraded to release day delivery for this game. I was like "Yay!". Today they sent me a notification that there had been some sort of problem with UPS and that my game was going to be delayed by 1 - 2 business days. Boooo!

Oh well. See you guys next week!

They haven't even shipped my special edition yet and it's supposed to go out today,

MilkBeard

Anyone else finding the camera a bit wonky at times? I have the speeds turned all the way up because I like it fast and responsive but it seems that sometimes the camera pov will come in close and tight and all of the sudden the panning speed and reset speeds slow to a crawl. I have to continue moving until the camera decides to pan back out and then all of a sudden it's snappy again.

I just started noticing this as I'm touring NLA. Gone through all the camera settings and I'm not seeing why it's behaving this way...

They have manual speed adjustments for moving the camera vertical and horizontal. Make sure you get those at the same speed. This will help. I tweaked them all and it feels really solid now for me.

Guys, is there a way to buy probes or are they only given to you and found in wreckages? I wanted some storage probes but only have two (which were given by the NPC that taught me how to use them).
You only get them from quest rewards, treasure, and some of the collectopedia things. Storage probes in particular are mostly from story quests and Kirstie's stuff.

Gosh I can't decide whether to get this game. I know I probably won't like the anime inspired characters or story or the jrpg combat, but gosh the screenshots of the world have me salivating. Decisions, Decisions...

Still have no clue if mine is gonna be shipped out or not. In the meantime, if anyone is in NE Ohio and saw a copy of the special edition in a store, please let me know.

Otherwise, if anyone out there is keeping tabs on retailers and sees the special edition go up on their website, please send me a PM too.

kSg00Bf.gif

I just want to come to planet Mira.

Azuran

Banned
My copy is finally here! Nothing more satisfying than checking the tracking information and seeing that beautiful green "Delivered". I ran so fast to the front door.

Time to join the fun most of you are having!

Kadin

They have manual speed adjustments for moving the camera vertical and horizontal. Make sure you get those at the same speed. This will help. I tweaked them all and it feels really solid now for me.
They're all set to max. It's okay most of the time but it slows down at certain times for some unknown reason. Usually when I'm around people as I'm running around.

massoluk

Banned
Local Gamestop called me to pick up my pre-ordered Special Edition today. Hell fucking yeah.

edit: The Google Doc is a bit of a mess. Looks like someone screwed up when sorting or editing, better check you name if you put it in.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Stupid me switched the Wii U off last night before the download for the four data packs was fully complete. Now they've corrupted and I've had to delete and start the download again.

I've gone to play the game whilst it's downloading in the background but now I've got a "Downloading add-on content..." screen and an option to go back to the Wii U Menu or Start Software.

Stupid question time. I CAN start the software and just play the game without the data packs and let it download in the background, right? I'm scared that interrupting it will stop the download (or knowing my luck, break it and corrupt the data or something) - and I'll have to start over a third time. I just don't want to wait 2 hours for this before getting stuck back in.
Switched off as in unplugged it? Because if you just turn the WiiU off it will still download

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom