• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawg

No. I am the guy in the background doing all the work while the NPCs are dead.

You can go to a new zone from the beginning. Every region has low level and high level sections and intermingling spots, well except Cauldros.

But i mean like do quests there at that level.

Am i stronk enuff

Got my Skell licence aww yea.

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01b2s1d.jpg

Crap, it takes even longer to get a flying module. ):

zroid

Banned
the first time I reached that mechanical level 5 probe site at the north west corner of Primordia, I was just like, "how the fuck did I get here"

the fact you can
drop down into Noctilum if you keep following the trail over the mountains is incredible
. this game, yo.

Some affinity quests will require you to travel to new continents regardless of the main story. So might as well travel and get those fast travel spots.

To add to this, you can check the quest's details on the gamepad to see the primary destination before accepting it. Helps a lot if you don't want to, say, travel to Cauldros/Sylvarum without a really good reason.

CrisKre

Starting my skell license mission. Half done right off the bat.
aP9m9ya.gif

Soon.

I dunno that the lack of tutorials is entirely on purpose, but overall I agree with you. The way MonolithSoft focused the game so purely, squarely, on exploration, adventure, and discovery is nothing short of incredible. Can't think of a more successful open world game in this regard.

I can't imagine XBCX being looked back upon with anything but fond memories.

I think it was, in most respects, intentional. And you know what? I actually appreciate the complexity now, because it made coming to grips with it all the more satisfying, and it made the game´s premise to permiate to the player. You feel overwhelmed because you are MEANT to feel overwhelmed. Thats what I take out of it personaly.

I think it was, in most respects, intentional. And you know what? I actually appreciate the complexity now, because it made coming to grips with it all the more satisfying, and it made the game´s premise to permiate to the player. You feel overwhelmed because you are MEANT to feel overwhelmed. Thats what I take out of it personaly.

It's not so much mechanics but specifics that I'm referring to; info like, what buffs and debuffs do, or what specific augments do, what stats do, etc. It's stuff that is surfaced in specific parts of the game; like, the augment crafting menu will clearly display their effects, but outside of that it's impossible to find out, so if you can't make the augment yourself you have no idea what it does. It isn't intentional--it's an unfortunate design oversight.

What it really needs is an Final Fantasy Tactics-style help menu, where you can press select and highlight any UI object for a full explanation. For specific buffs, augments, and debuffs, sure, obscure it until the player sees it firsthand, but make it available no matter what.

New OT title needs "Asscaves" in there somewhere

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT2| Press L+A to Asscaves
Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT2| Tatsu not for Asscaves

*shrug*

ultimalionbgh

Neo Member
Nah, that's a bit much for me right now. Not enough would change to really make it worth doing this soon after completing the game. A year down the line, maybe. I've finally just 100%'d the world survey and have gotten into min-maxing and seeing the numbers go up is too much fun. I'll just keep switching genders daily like I originally planned.

By any chance are you Charlie? O.O

ultimalionbgh

Neo Member
Yes thats me hi. Great runs yesterday.

lol. Yup great runs. I'll add you on my new profile if I do start that new character xD. You can contact me anytime for more duo runs on Yggdrallith Zero ^^

edit: Definitely can get to 500 RP. My second character will also use gender neutral name so I can switch anytime like you lol.

HiroTSK5

So I was just walking through an alley looking for lobsters and a Ma-non fell out of the sky.
mS33E5y.jpg

I guess you are buddy (what is this game sometimes though).

Tried to keep Elma out of the shot

Last exam tomorrow morning....

Going to restart my 10 mins in (not even at the first 'daybreak' cutscene yet) save file, so I can hook up the Wii U to the projector and really enjoy the game. I'm ready for this. The game's been waiting for me. I've been waiting for it. It's almost time.

could someone explain how duplicator probes and booster probes work in concert?

Let's just use this as an example:

Code:
{booster}---{duplicator}---{storage}
                 |
                 |
                 |
             {storage}

Does the booster's effect on the duplicator probe yield an effective result of 2 normal storage probes + 2 boosted storage probes?

Or does the duplicator probe ALSO duplicate the booster probe so that it boosts the two adjacent storage probes as well, and you get a net result of 4 boosted storage probes?

or am I totally off base here. shit's complex mang.
Duplicators will copy all surrounding probes and act as if those probes were placed on the Duplicator's node, except for other Duplicators(or their duplicated contents). So in your example, the node the Duplicator is sitting on would produce miranium/credits as if a Booster and two Storages were on it. The Booster to its left would apply to the two Storages being duplicated and give whatever bonus level the Booster is(1.5x for Booster 1, 2x for Booster 2). Then the copied Booster would apply to the two adjacent Storage probes to the right/below. So it would be like in your last guess, where there are effectively 4 boosted Storage probes.

Duplicators don't copy chain bonuses that adjacent probes might have, but if you have three Duplicators chained together, all of the copied probes within them have the Duplicator's chain bonus applied. The only oddity involved with that is when you have copied Boosters inside chained Duplicators: the chain bonus only applies once when those Boosters boost adjacent things. Probably has something to do with the way Boosters/chains are multiplicative instead of additive.

Shaldome

Decided to finish some Collectopedia before going on. Primordia done, collecting my last parts for Noctilum. Best thing is you got to see some sides you normally do not see.

wiiu_screenshot_tv_014kju3.jpg

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT2| I'm really kinda feeling it, you know?
Over here debating on what division I want to choose. Never knew it was so many choices lol omg
There's a fee for changing, but it's really not that big of a deal. Choose whichever one you like the sound of the most. Changing your mind later won't bankrupt you.

Navi

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT2| I'm really kinda feeling it, you know?

There's a fee for changing, but it's really not that big of a deal. Choose whichever one you like the sound of the most. Changing your mind later won't bankrupt you.

I like playing with the least popular classes and more of a supper class so maybe Outfitters?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom