• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.

L~A

Yikes... L
I was hoping for music to come out of the game pad

Only way to get music via GamePad is to switch to Off-TV (game still displays on TV screen). But then you have to switch again when you want to use the GamePad features. It's... less than ideal. But it works.

Xenoboy

I'm gonna ask again, since I didn't see any answer.
Can you change the class of other party members?
Is there any way to go online if the game disconnects?
Does it go online again automatically?

Chaos17

The camera is bugging the shit out of me. I can't find a combo of camera settings that feels right to me.

Did you tried to keep difficult camera and just use L+X option ?

I'm gonna ask again, since I didn't see any answer.
Can you change the class of other party members?
Is there any way to go online if the game disconnects?
Does it go online again automatically?

1. I don't know
2. no
3. no

Zomba13

Game still hasn't arrived from Gameseek and was posted Tuesday afternoon. I knew I should have gone with TheGameCollection, it was around £2 more expensive but they consistently get games to me before release.

Suuuuper disappointed and won't be using Gameseek again. When I preorder games from websites more than a week before they are out then I expect them to arrive on release day at the latest.

I got to Chapter 3 and now I'm drowning in side quests. This game is going to suck up so much time.

I hate having to tear myself away from it, but I have to go in to work now. But my early impressions are very positive, although I wish I didn't have to draw up my table chair and sit five feet from the screen half the time.

Switched off as in unplugged it? Because if you just turn the WiiU off it will still download

Yeah I switch everything off at night. I live in the UK and our power outlets have switches on.
Uk_13a_double_socket.jpg

Corrupted the download which I thought was a bit silly. I thought it'd just resume when I switched everything back on but nope. I'm just gonna jump in and play again now. It should still download as normal hopefully. This console just feels so fragile at times though I'm just never sure lol.

R.D.Blax

I think me and you are twins. I've got no problem sinking time into a game as long as what i'm doing is fun. I also don't need instant flash-bank gratification.

I LOVE EXPLORATION games, my God, I just adore them. I love Bethesda games and Rockstar games where I can just run off into the world and make my own adventures, find items, explore the world.

I am still not sure if Xenoblade is for me.

This game really encourage exploring thing just for the sake of exploring thing. Most of the annoying thing can be avoided if you just go around a lot

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Yeah I switch everything off at night. I live in the UK and our power outlets have switches on.
Uk_13a_double_socket.jpg

Corrupted the download which I thought was a bit silly. I thought it'd just resume when I switched everything back on but nope. I'm just gonna jump in and play again now. It should still download as normal hopefully. This console just feels so fragile at times though I'm just never sure lol.
Well shutting off the power outlet would Def corrupt downloads on any deviCE lol

rhandino

Banned
Amazon?

I am so upset with them :/

I will not pre order with them again.. lesson learned.
Nope, I live outside USA but my retailer had a problem with a shipment so I'm fucked...

So disappointed since I had this weekend completly free, bought a new TV and had the game in pre-order for such a long time.

Eyothrie

I just put horizontal near max and reset position on max.
You get used to it after that

Thanks. I'm fine with what I have set on the field, but it gets weird in battle when I target an enemy. I want to keep camera focused on the enemy I'm targeting so I don't have to use the right thumb stick, but it's too slow. It won't focus quick enough for my liking like it did in the original XB

*rocks back and forth waiting for the download to finish*

I'm going to bed in half an hour. Looks like I'll be starting in the morning!

Somehow I completely forgot this game came out until 7pm.

Not_Mario

Neo Member
When you change classes can you not set arts from your previous classes? Is there an option I missed for this or is that just how it is?

Numb

Thanks. I'm fine with what I have set on the field, but it gets weird in battle when I target an enemy. I want to keep camera focused on the enemy I'm targeting so I don't have to use the right thumb stick, but it's too slow. It won't focus quick enough for my liking like it did in the original XB

In battle it's like that on purpose most likely to make you keep looking at the enemy.
Feels much slowly turning stuff.
Do I hear ragna? lol

YUUP LOL
lol

Picked up my copy this afternoon but thanks to The Witcher 3, I have no idea when I'll actually get to start this.

Hopefully everyone's enjoying it so far.

Metroid

I can't seem to find an option to increase the font size. It's just SO small on my TV. Am I the only one with this problem?

Azuran

Banned
I just need to finish more page on this lab report I'm working on and then I'll play for the rest of the day. Hopefully I'll be done in about 30-45 minutes.

And while I wait here's my info if anyone still hasn't added me:

NNID: Ahzuran

I still need more GAF people in my future squad!

Vecks

When you change classes can you not set arts from your previous classes? Is there an option I missed for this or is that just how it is?

I think someone said here that it is possible, but the arts are tied to specific weapon types, so not all classes will work with each other.

AsakuraZ

My CE got delivered this morning even though the tracking on Amazon says it wouldn't get here till Monday but I'm not complaining!

Looking at the screenshots while I'm at work is making me so anxious to get home and stream it. A little sad I'll be out at PS Experience all weekend but I'll make time to play this over my holiday break.

Not_Mario

Neo Member
I think someone said here that it is possible, but the arts are tied to specific weapon types, so not all classes will work with each other.
Ooh ok that makes sense actually. I went from Drifter to the class that Elma is (can't remember the name right now) and none of my drifter arts were available. Thanks.

CrisKre

Is there a concensus on what is the preferred class to play the game? Does any class have a substantial advantage in the long run? I know in jims review he mentioned that mechanical field skills shoud be prioritized and I would like to know if there is such an advantage attached to classes.

My nnid: Spartacris

In case someone wants to add me .

Rootbeer

Banned
My CE got delivered this morning even though the tracking on Amazon says it wouldn't get here till Monday but I'm not complaining!

Looking at the screenshots while I'm at work is making me so anxious to get home and stream it. A little sad I'll be out at PS Experience all weekend but I'll make time to play this over my holiday break.

i wish I would have that luck... mine from best buy says monday still. It was in a nearby city yesterday and this morning the tracking said they sent it to LA... such a fuckup T__T

Trying to convince myself I can just play Fallout 4 some more and wait. Still really sucks.

What's frustrating is there's no accountability from companies like FedEx or UPS if they send your item on the wrong vehicle causing a 3+ day delay. All you can do is just wait longer.

Not_Mario

Neo Member
Is there a concensus on what is the preferred class to play the game? Does any class have a substantial advantage in the long run? I know in jims review he mentioned that mechanical field skills shoud be prioritized and I would like to know if there is such an advantage attached to classes.

I don't think so. I heard in the GameXplain discussion that the higher classes on the skill tree are easier ones to use and lower ones are more advanced.

I really love the Limited Edition.

The embossed cover looks great and the art book is solid.

That jump drive could hurt someone it's so heavy. The actual usb mechanism seems cheap but I think of it more as a figure.

Appreciate that the NA version has unique reversible cover.

AGITΩ

Still no UPS updates on my SE shipment. I've stayed up all day (I work overnight at my job) and still nothing. Last update was still yesterday at noon at a UPS facility that is 3 hours away from where I am....

rhandino

Banned
If its just a regular edition of the game, just buy from a retailer and play that this weekend, take the copy thats coming in and return it with the retailer receipt
The problem is I pre-ordered the regular edition but my retailer still doens't have it and since I live outside USA and this is a kind of niche game I don't have a lot of options.

I could go digital but I want to rock that boxart along my Shulk amiibo + original Xenoblade copy.

T_T

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom