• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm loving the game so far, the music is surprisingly good (not a big fan of Sawano) but the cutscenes feel like PSX material, there's no music and characters talk like if they are actually loading the sentences from the game, hilarious and creepy.

From 12 hours ago:

So some information about my play style if anybody is in a similar boat and wants to squad up (in NA):

Is anyone doing a squad for people who will go slowly through the game for months or possibly throughout all of next year?

Not only am I busy but I'm currently playing Xenogears and need to finish Xenosaga Episode III. I would like to do both before tackling most of the story missions (I know they aren't connected but I want to catch the winks and nods). I will not be able to get into the meat of the game until probably February or later.

I plan to play about 15-20 hours this month just so I can confirm the game's placement on my GOTY rankings.

I will absolutely go for 100% and put in 300 hours so if you want someone committed for the long haul I'll be there.

I also have a preorder and plan to play Devil's Third with what ever small amount of Gaffers plan to play.

Hope I put my name of the Google doc correctly.

I've already added some people.

Can you change squads after the first time?

Malvingt2

12295432_10154436530148957_8684014242392905286_n.jpg

better picture. Lets do this

Effect

I really hope people buy this game. Amazing so far and just feels so good this early on. As said in the Nintendo Direct if you are a Zelda fan you should be playing this game. If you love RPGs on the 3DS and have a Wii U you should be playing this game.

Bytes

Unless I have missed something, there's no way to use the Segment Map when playing in Gamepad Mode, which robs you of rather important features like fast traveling. Who's dumb idea was that?

Qurupeke

I have a small problem. When I disconnect from online, how do I reconnect? Sometimes I get an error after a few hours because of my connection, but when I disconnect I stay offline permanently, unless I return to the title screen. Is there an easier way to reconnect online?

Also, I've spend almost 20 hours to the game and it's mostly doing missions and exploring. Man, it's really fun to explore in this game. Especially finding some random 60 or 80 level abominations and then trying to run away. lol

Dineren

Banned
I ended up buying the digital version last night since I wasn't confident Gamestop would actually receive the special edition I ordered and they ended up having it after all. No regrets! (maybe)

has someone made a female in this thread that doesn't have a face like she might come from under my bed and stab me as she stares deep into my soul with her gigantic eyes?

aravuus

I have a small problem. When I disconnect from online, how do I reconnect? Sometimes I get an error after a few hours because of my connection, but when I disconnect I stay offline permanently, unless I return to the title screen. Is there an easier way to reconnect online?

Also, I've spend almost 20 hours to the game and it's mostly doing missions and exploring. Man, it's really fun to explore in this game. Especially finding some random 60 or 80 level abominations and then trying to run away. lol

No unfortunately, which is a really shitty situation cause reloading a save resets your TP. Seeing how shitty Wii U's wifi adapter is, it's crazy they overlooked something like this. Why won't it just reconnect when I try to access the social menu for crying out loud?

Really hope I'll be able to find the Wii U usb-ethernet thingamajig tomorrow somewhere

Kinsei

Banned
The side quests you get from NPC's are great. I just finished one that had me sneaking into a pack of level 30 wolf like creatures in order to get a quest item. To make things even better you can't grab items while being chased so you had to stealth your way through.

has someone made a female in this thread that doesn't have a face like she might come from under my bed and stab me as she stares deep into my soul with her gigantic eyes?

How's mine?

WVW69ioP9uk4j1v7bD

Chastten

Banned
Just played my first 3 hours. Just chose a 'job' and done the first couple of missions. Did some exploring and experimented a bit with the combat skills and such. Thoughts so far:

I really need to get a bigger battery for my gamepad. That'll be the first thing I do next week.

Music is nice, graphics are great and I don't even mind the pop-ins that happen in Mira. Enemy design is awesome, character design not so much. Only seen a tiny bit of the world, and it's great so far, but not jawbreakingly so as in the first game. Probably because of high expectations and all, but I'm hoping for some more fantasy-inspired stuff later. Those were my favorites in the original.

Combat system is a lot like in the original and I really like it so far, even though I've only scratched the surface. Need to get in the rythm again, it's been 3 or 4 years since the I played the Wii game.

All in all great game so far. Don't know if it'll surpass the original but it's definitely up there.

LTWheels

So if figured out how to change targets (hold R + Y/A), but how do you change which part of the body you are targeting of the same monster?

Qurupeke

The side quests you get from NPC's are great. I just finished one that had me sneaking into a pack of level 30 wolf like creatures in order to get a quest item. To make things even better you can't grab items while being chased so you had to stealth your way through.

Wait, wait. How exactly did you stealth? I swear that no matter what the wolves managed to find me and kill me. I thought I was supposed to level up and beat the wolf. lol

Tokieda

Unless I have missed something, there's no way to use the Segment Map when playing in Gamepad Mode, which robs you of rather important features like fast traveling. Who's dumb idea was that?

Just go back to TV mode, fast travel and click then off-TV button again, I've been playing like that most of today.

Kagoshima_Luke

Gold Member

This is what I'm worried about. I really don't want that huge eyed anime look. Also don't want derpy eyes. Will give it a go on Tuesday when my game arrives and post my results.

Well, one out of two isn't bad.

Kinsei

Banned
Wait, wait. How exactly did you stealth? I swear that no matter what the wolves managed to find me and kill me. I thought I was supposed to level up and beat the wolf. lol

I watched their movement patterns and made sure to sneak around them. You can slip in between the two laying beside the item you need to get.

How's mine?

WVW69ioP9uk4j1v7bD

Much much better. I may sleep soundly.

As to why I am terrifed of big moe eyes, this image explains it all
KJyk2pH.jpg

Yeah I was hoping there'd be more face options... But there aren't? Kinda disappointing.

Also bringing back this long, tired complaint. I wish there was dual audio, but storage limitations etc etc. I just want it for the ability to have Uesaka Sumire voice my female protagonist.

But I'll take the English classic voice that's totally the best other option anyway. The voice doesn't even fit the way the character looks but god damn I'll still choose it

Anyone know if there's a way to get downloads started remotely? I've got a disk version that I'm picking up, but given my download speeds, I'd like to get all those optimization packs going.

I'm in the same position, no movement since yesterday morning (where it was only 3 driving hours away from my location). Arrival date changed from 12/04 to "scheduled delivery date is not available at this time". I called Best Buy just to confirm thst there is zero chance of me reviewing the package today, and now I'm heading out to buy the standard edition.

Same thing happened to me, with it's location going from out for delivery to showing as where it was yesterday, like 7 hours away from me, but then it just delivered normally like 30 minutes ago.

boiled goose

good with gravy
Question. Can you miss any side quests?

there were a few in XB that you could miss if you advanced the story too much.

Also, is division choice a big deal?

Raide

Anyone know if there's a way to get downloads started remotely? I've got a disk version that I'm picking up, but given my download speeds, I'd like to get all those optimization packs going.

You can do it from the e-shop on the console and just have them all download ready. I don't think you can remotely tell your console to do it but I could be wrong.

Dr Dogg

So to statisfy some odd min maxing desires would going Pathfinders at least in the interim be the best choice since you can only discover an area and plant probes once. Kind of fits in my with my exploring nature rather than pressing on with missions.

You can do it from the e-shop on the console and just have them all download ready. I don't think you can remotely tell your console to do it but I could be wrong.

Boo. I searched all over Nintendo's "eshop" website, but the only option where you would sign in seemed to be to buy the whole game, and perhaps that would queue up the download for the digital version. No dice on the packs though. I'm just spoiled by the abilities of some the other consoles in this regard. Will just have to get them going when I get home and most likely wait until tomorrow to play. Thanks for the response.

Is there a way to make my party members upgrade themselves? I really don't feel like going through all these tiny menu screens just to upgrade my characters. Hopefully there's something more streamlined that will make upgrading more tolerable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom