• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ulysses 31

I thought I could finally get my revenge against the Guardian Deity with my Ares but nope, he wiped the floor with me in less than 10 sec lol. That what I get bet getting to cocky

That guardian uses a cheesy ether reflect shield, with the right augment you'll get your revenge easily. =P

Xenoboy

Thanks for the tip Starwolf and Shad.
In other news I found a found H2H with Lin, the second one.
tumblr_nztvelFCCD1u8hrm1o1_540.jpg

This is in case you want to know what happens when you do it.
tumblr_nztvfr3cLL1u8hrm1o1_540.jpg

Lexxism

You're probably going to fall just short due to storage. I can get 105k using this layout:
WVW69irgebAuyOEplT

I notice now I am using two G2.
Hopefully one more storage will be enough to push you over the edge
Yeah, you were right. Using all the probes I have, I'm currently at 87k storage. Booo

jmizzal

Cool just found out that if you want to level up quick you can just scout 3 high ranked players and go fight some high level monsters, it will level you up fast

I needed to get to level 30 to open up the next story mission and was only 28 and didnt want to take for ever grinding and did that and leveled up in no time.

Golnei

It feels a little hokey with the cutaway scenes of the villains. Saturday morning cartoon ish. It's not necessarily a bad thing, but I don't think the presentation of the story fits with the vibe of the game overall.

It's really cheesy, but the game isn't really aiming for anything more nuanced, at least in its main story. At least most of those scenes are actual exchanges of dialogue, unlike Egil's interminably dull monologuing from the first game.

vehicle mode is literally the worst as far as controls go

Just be grateful they didn't force in a racing minigame.

Vena

Only took a while of farming the flying droids but hot damn, this is a near perfect drop (the SHD Gravity Shoulder Weapon) for G-Buster + Black Hole Cannon, it also has a perfect stat spread for my build too.

Delio

First time seeing the Cauldros sky in blue.

This was a pretty big deal for me lol. I had never seen it blue up there and I knew It could go clear skies. When I teleported in and it was all nice and pretty ( you know other than the giant death mechs everywhere) I was happy.

I dunno, I started using Celica and L at the same time and after a handful of normal missions L was at 2 Hearts and Celica was at 3. Pretty sure she wasn't getting anymore hearts above her head from my choices either.

Not hard evidence to go on, that's why I was wondering if anyone knew definitively.
Okay I need to start using L

Celica has leveled up but I was just killing purple 60s no hearts yet

BlackJace

No, it's awful - there aren't any other Level 20 Skells in the game for a reason. Try to buy a new one as soon as you can if you want to use it in combat.

Yeah. It's just a level 20 Skell. It's more like a training Skell. Wait till you reach level 30 when you can start buying good ones.

Thanks. It was bizarre since things that took 15 seconds to kill on foot took 90 seconds or more with the Skell.

Greye

I finished chapter 4, am lvl 17 and 18 hours in, I still feel lost. I just run around in the world and plant probes. I feel I'm playing the game wrong, it feels so unfocused right now.

Can I get some pointers? Also when does the game pick up? Or if I'm not really in to it at this point, it's not my type of game?

Omzz

Who are your main squad members? I've stuck with Elma and Lin since they seem to be required members for most missions.

For the last one I'm not sure who to stick with. I've gone through Lao, Nagi, and for now Irina has been my last member.

MoxManiac

I hate how hard it is to run away from enemies and how far they chase you. Took me like 15 tries to get past this mob that is too high level for me to fight to get to the data probe behind them.

Fandangox

I finished chapter 4, am lvl 17 and 18 hours in, I still feel lost. I just run around in the world and plant probes. I feel I'm playing the game wrong, it feels so unfocused right now.

Can I get some pointers? Also when does the game pick up? Or if I'm not really in to it at this point, it's not my type of game?

You haven't gotten the skell (after chapter 6) so I'd at least try till there.

Mainly the focus of the game is on surveying the planet's continents. The more probes you plant the more revenue you receive and the more info (and thus, quests) becomes available to you. Because of this I also recommend you get your Mechanical Blade level to 4 before you level up Biological or Archaeological Try to talk around the city as it will open up some questlines and give you some information around the world.

Kyzon

Who are your main squad members? I've stuck with Elma and Lin since they seem to be required members for most missions.

For the last one I'm not sure who to stick with. I've gone through Lao, Nagi, and for now Irina has been my last member.

It was Murderess, Lin and Elma until I finished the story, now when I level up the rest it will be Murderess, L, and Yelv probably. L may be replaced by Alexa though.

Chastten

Banned
Finished! Exactly 97 hours in. Haven't played this much in such a short time since Bravely Default.

Guess I was a bit overleveled as Lin in a heavy level 50 skell didn't drop below 70% in any of the final fights while tanking, but it was fun. Final chapters were pretty decent story wise. Ending kinda surprised me there, but I guess it did for everyone.

Now to use the holidays for some remaining optional stuff and then I can finally start Splatoon!

Finished! Exactly 97 hours in. Haven't played this much in such a short time since Bravely Default.

Guess I was a bit overleveled as Lin in a heavy level 50 skell didn't drop below 70% in any of the final fights while tanking, but it was fun. Final chapters were pretty decent story wise. Ending kinda surprised me there, but I guess it did for everyone.

Now to use the holidays for some remaining optional stuff and then I can finally start Splatoon!
Can you tell me which Skell you gave Lin?

So what exactly constitutes a combo? Melee or otherwise. I thought I understood it... but I don't.

There's now too many abilities relying on combos for me to overlook my ignorance any longer.

zroid

Banned
So what exactly constitutes a combo? Melee or otherwise. I thought I understood it... but I don't.

There's now too many abilities relying on combos for me to overlook my ignorance any longer.

it's really simple, just not explained (lol)

triggering a melee combo = last art used was orange
triggering a ranged combo = last art used was yellow

there's also a time limit, not sure exactly how long. a few seconds.

Delio

Elma,Lin and Celica. Celica is swapped for Phog or Nagi whenever I feel like it. Tho now that im post game going to work on everyone else.

it's really simple, just not explained (lol)

triggering a melee combo = last art used was orange
triggering a ranged combo = last art used was yellow

there's also a time limit, not sure exactly how long. a few seconds.

Oh... so it's just using a bunch of the same kind of art in a row?

Well dammit, that's not at all what I thought it was.

Thank you.

Well i beat the game at around 100hrs.end spoilers
chapter 11 was fantastic, loved breaching the base and fighting off the ganglion. If the sequel is basically what was chapter 11 in terms of gameplay, character development, and voice acting id be all over it faster than a tatsu being ate joke landing flat. Chapter 12 was good but since i only have the basic pack character models would load mid cutscene. The bosses were fun though i was overleveled, would have liked a long battle against lao. Revelations about Lao, Elma, and Mira were good and i look forward to what the sequel or prequel maybe does with these charace. I stand by liking Elmas character though is it explained what xeno she is? I wanna say an original Samaarian or something. Also where do i get her armor from the cutscenes and what is the name of the superweapon which gives you two extra arms

Ulysses 31

Well i beat the game at around 100hrs.end spoilers
chapter 11 was fantastic, loved breaching the base and fighting off the ganglion. If the sequel is basically what was chapter 11 in terms of gameplay, character development, and voice acting id be all over it faster than a tatsu being ate joke landing flat. Chapter 12 was good but since i only have the basic pack character models would load mid cutscene. The bosses were fun though i was overleveled, would have liked a long battle against lao. Revelations about Lao, Elma, and Mira were good and i look forward to what the sequel or prequel maybe does with these charace. I stand by liking Elmas character though is it explained what xeno she is? I wanna say an original Samaarian or something. Also where do i get her armor from the cutscenes and what is the name of the superweapon which gives you two extra arms

For the armor it's the lvl55 craftable armor.

Essence Exchange though. Use it at the end of a battle to swap your HP with your TP. Max that bad boy out, and go into the next fight ready for Overdrive.
You don't even need to use it at the end of a battle, but you can just use it outside of combat completely by targeting any enemy but not engaging them. Then just wait a second while you automatically heal up (since you're not in combat).

I finished a quest for the (Normal mission)
Nopon caravan in Noctilum
last night. I went for the vibrant option and the Nopon ended up
wearing a Santa hat. How topical!

What do they wear if you give them the fluffy materials instead?

Ridley327

So, that sidequest involving you helping an Orphean to split did not go in the direction I thought it would.

On the other hand, helping to be responsible for introducing love to an alien species that previously was gender-less is both the cheesiest and satisfying feeling in the world. Too bad about that guy getting friend zoned so quickly, though.

Xenoboy

For the last one I'm not sure who to stick with. I've gone through Lao,
Nagi
, and for now Irina has been my last member.

I basically use every character I have, except Frye, I hate him. Between missions, I tend to use Irina the most, the rest are varied. I think H.B sits as a close second.

You can set their art palette so that Lin's only TP attack is shield wall. That way she has nothing else to spend her TP on.

Ah, gotcha, that makes sense. I used Lin as the main during that fight and I was able to beat
the Prince
but then lost afterwards cause the damn computer barely used any of the arts on my avatar.

Kyzon

You don't even need to use it at the end of a battle, but you can just use it outside of combat completely by targeting any enemy but not engaging them. Then just wait a second while you automatically heal up (since you're not in combat).

I do that as well if I didn't have time to just shoot one off at the end before a party member killed the enemy.

I'll sometimes do that, then immediately pop off a healing art, then go into overdrive as I'm healing.

Chastten

Banned
I'm lv60 and quit the final fight last night because I forgot to give celia a Skell

I had a full party level 60 characters, with Lin having the heaviest level 50 skell, me having the 2nd heaviest level 50 skell, and Elma and Hope having the heavy level 30 skells. Hope died once during the chapter but otherwise none of us even came close to dying.

The intergalactic level 50 sword on a rope thingy slices through those enemies like they weren't even there.

Kyzon

Yeah the game just pretty nonchalantly drops some racism/xenophobia issues with real consequences and not always happy endings in some of the missions.

I like the absurd contrast between fun/quirky and deadly serious, even if it means that no one can take any of it seriously.

It appears you stopped reading my post at exactly that sentence. :lol

LMAO!! Ohhhh, Ok! Now I know what that picture was. Oops.

I had a full party level 60 characters, with Lin having the heaviest level 50 skell, me having the 2nd heaviest level 50 skell, and Elma and Hope having the heavy level 30 skells. Hope died once during the chapter but otherwise none of us even came close to dying.

The intergalactic level 50 sword on a rope thingy slices through those enemies like they weren't even there.
Where can I get that sword on a rope?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom