• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.

TI82

Banned
Enjoying the game so far but anyone who says its bug/glitch free didn't play much or I'm just unlucky.

Game crashed once
Audio lagged out
Gun model flew off my characters back
Quest wouldnt activate despite standing on the yellow spot

Pretty funny the gun model one lol

Raide

Boo. I searched all over Nintendo's "eshop" website, but the only option where you would sign in seemed to be to buy the whole game, and perhaps that would queue up the download for the digital version. No dice on the packs though. I'm just spoiled by the abilities of some the other consoles in this regard. Will just have to get them going when I get home and most likely wait until tomorrow to play. Thanks for the response.

Via the console you look at the game and there is a DLC Content option. There are 4 packs that you can select and get them to download. Depending on your internet speed, they should not take too long but I guess that's relative.

Canceled my order from GameStop because of stupidity. I get home and there is a package on my doorstep.

My dumbass bought it from Amazon as well.

I am keeping it now.

mjc

Couple of things:

1. Why are the customization options for your character so shallow? Like seven haircuts? Seriously? Half of them are emo shit, the others look bizarre. Tell me you can unlock more to change it later...

2. Is there a good setting to change the camera speed to? It feels super sluggish in stock settings.

3.This game looks insane. Can't believe the Wii U is pulling this off.

Here's my character. Apologies for the poor quality.

uy2sbv2.jpg

alvis.exe

Been playing for a bit, getting over my muscle memory slowly haha.

Is there a way to auto-center the camera during battle like with the first game? Also is there an easy way to choose which appendage to target/switch targeted appendages? It seems to jump around based on how close you are to various appendages and then you can lock-on to the specific one you want but things get hectic during battle.

Boo. I searched all over Nintendo's "eshop" website, but the only option where you would sign in seemed to be to buy the whole game, and perhaps that would queue up the download for the digital version. No dice on the packs though. I'm just spoiled by the abilities of some the other consoles in this regard. Will just have to get them going when I get home and most likely wait until tomorrow to play. Thanks for the response.

From what I understand all the download packs do is improve some performance for the disc version of the game, akin to installing a 360 game to the hard drive. The game is still completely playable without them. As such I'd just queue up the downloads when you get home, play as notmal, with just a few seconds more load time and slightly more pop in. By your next play session they should all be downloaded and your experience will be even better!

Update on NoShippingageddon:

Looks like there's a charge for my card now from Gamestop for the amount of the special edition. I hope this is a sign my order is definitely going through now.

I hope it comes next week and not the full 10 business days.

R.D.Blax

One thing I still don't understand even after all these hour is how Enginer Augments work. How do you give them to weapon with empty slot ? Anybody here know ?

Enjoying the game so far but anyone who says its bug/glitch free didn't play much or I'm just unlucky.

Game crashed once
Audio lagged out
Gun model flew off my characters back
Quest wouldnt activate despite standing on the yellow spot

Pretty funny the gun model one lol

My game never crashed
My audio didn't lag out
U can equip it gun ur waist
Quest always activated for me. Besides those stuff are really minor

tizaffy

Neo Member
so i left my wii on to download the data packs, and while installing it powered down to standby. 2 questions:

1. is the installation fucked?
2. can i play while its installing?

Finalow

read the Iwata Asks about this game a while back, really interesting.

anyway, I have to wait a week or so for my copy to arrive ):
at least I still have games to finish.

Skrams

Ok, maybe I'm just unfamiliar with the Kakasoft Software used for the USB soundtrack.exe, but it disables all copy/paste function of anything when you have it open. I can't Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V simple links since I had it open in the background.

Also the USB itself is girthy, but the actual part that slides out looks like it could snap like a twig. 800 whole MB on this thing too.

At least the artbook is cool I guess.

Antialias

I fucking adore how unafraid this game is to be compex. Western developers have forgotten the majesty of a sprawling game.

However, I am already finding Sawano's shtick to be annoying, as I knew I would.

Mercador

Do you think it could become a system seller?

I would like to play, but buying a WiiU for one game.. Considering that the WiiU lifespan is almost over as well..

I'm at the beginning and I'm overwhelmed lol. Looks like I'll have some manual reading to do since the strategy guide won't come in til Wednesday smh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom