• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Enjoying the game so far but anyone who says its bug/glitch free didn't play much or I'm just unlucky.

Game crashed once
Audio lagged out
Gun model flew off my characters back
Quest wouldnt activate despite standing on the yellow spot

Pretty funny the gun model one lol

I think your unlucky I'm 15hrs deep in with no problems so far

aravuus

Accidentally tackled on an enemy that was 11 levels higher than me and managed to take it out. Nice to see you can actually attack higher level enemies, unlike in XB where they kept evading everything iirc. It was a really annoying way to introduce difficulty to fighting high level enemies.

careksims

UGH so I am getting the CE on the 8th. I sent an email about the delay to Amazon and at least they gave me a $10 gift card to use. Have fun for all those playing over the weekend.

LProtag

The game opens up a bit in Chapter 3, but I didn't realize that the missions they gave me caused me to go places where everything is higher level than me. Time to grind a bit, I think.

Evilkazz

Banned
WVW69ioTIxkGOcvF3e

My character so far. I'm not entirely digging him so I might just change it. The customization's more limited then I'd like so I think I'll just play as a girl.

Yes I know you can change it later down the line but I'm not seeing a lot of incentive too.

jorgejjvr

WVW69ioTIxkGOcvF3e

My character so far. I'm not entirely digging him so I might just change it. The customization's more limited then I'd like so I think I'll just play as a girl.

Yes I know you can change it later down the line but I'm not seeing a lot of incentive too.

but he looks cool?

zroid

Banned
WVW69ioTIxkGOcvF3e

the female soldier voice is great

Erin Fitzgerald I think?

I had a glitch. Upon first arriving in NLA you're supposed to get a cutscene walking out and looking over the city. I managed to explore most of areas in the city looking for where to go until I went back to the entrance TWICE which finally triggered. I had previously walked through the yellow spot a few times since the map is pointing there and I was like...am I above or below where it wants me to be? Funny.

My division icon is glowing yellow/orange

Does that mean anything ?
Yep from the manual:
Boost
If your division earns more division
points than the previous day, your
division's icon will be highlighted. This
indicates that your division is currently
in boosted mode, which provides a boost to
division points earned for the rest of the day
So basically that should be for everyone today.

Kouriozan

Chapter 5 done, I need to
explore 20% of Noctilum
to continue.
This game is just too good, and I even saw what I spoiled myself earlier this year watching the Japanese streams, so I'm excited for the story again :)

Diablos54

On the way home from work but I have to be back up in 8 hours for work again and I still need to cook/eat and sleep... Damn it I was just about to head into a new continent as well!

Sadist

Maybe a dumb question, but how do you aquire more Miranium? Seems to be the life blood of research and development, but I have no idea how to get it hehe.

Moondrop

Banned
I hate to begin with a complaint but six faces per gender (and within those there appear to be repeated models) and no options to alter facial features is not my idea of a robust character creator.

I'm tempted to go with violently-colored skin to inject some individuality.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
With my CE most likely delayed until next week, I went to Best Buy to pick up the regular edition. After skimming the almost non-existent WiiU section, I asked an employee if they had X in stock. Twenty minutes later they finally located a copy in the backroom.

Finally I can play!

Edit: NM, looks like twenty more minutes for installation.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
a bit annoying that you can't hear sound through headset without turning on off-tv play :(

Otherwise the game is very enthralling so far!!!! Looove it

The tracking number isn't even showing me anything, and Canada Post doesn't deliver on the weekend so no XCX for me until next week. x_x

the way they limited options of hair style to certain ugly ass faces is bothering me.

Whatever. I can't make a man that doesn't look like someone punched in the face as a baby, but there's one boy option that doesn't suck.

Welp, can't download the data packs since I need to clear some space on the wii u and it keeps getting stuck on the preparing screen when I try to go to data management. Is the game gonna run like garbage without the data packs?

Chaos17

Maybe a dumb question, but how do you aquire more Miranium? Seems to be the life blood of research and development, but I have no idea how to get it hehe.

Mainly with probes setup to mining option.

does anyone know where natural pearls are
Did you used your nav ball ?
If yes and you're still stuck, you may check this, credit CAWWW > https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1g0YR4M8RAHiRhCbAvV4tjXXHLEhRMrARzZMYAUGmyZ4/pub#

How can you change your character's appearance once you've started? What can you change?

Later in the game chapter 5+ (something like that) and you will be able to change everything including your gender.
You just cannot change your name.
Check the OP FAQ please next time.

rhandino

Banned
Welp, can't download the data packs since I need to clear some space on the wii u and it keeps getting stuck on the preparing screen when I try to go to data management. Is the game gonna run like garbage without the data packs?
The game will run fine from what I saw earlier since the data packs only help to reduce the loads times when fast traveling, equipment menus, etc... and even without them the load times are not that bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom