• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.

TI82

Banned
I had a glitch. Upon first arriving in NLA you're supposed to get a cutscene walking out and looking over the city. I managed to explore most of areas in the city looking for where to go until I went back to the entrance TWICE which finally triggered. I had previously walked through the yellow spot a few times since the map is pointing there and I was like...am I above or below where it wants me to be? Funny.

Yep. Game isn't as bug free as people made it seem. Wait until your gun flies off your body lol

-shadow-

Well considering it's 10GB it's not that strange it takes a while. I have too say however that the loadtimes on objects like cars, skills and boxes is much faster with the packs. I highly recommend it. Without it's really breaking my immersion.

Sadist

Well after almost five hours of play, time to sleep. Game is awesome, but there is a lot coming at you all at once.

mjc

Have any of you guys had an issue with the voice overs? Every few sentences of dialogue, the first word doesn't come through, just the second on. Some kind of bug maybe?

Kouriozan

I have to say, the musics are a lot better than my early impression based on the survival guide.
The desert day and night music is pretty awesome

Shun

I just got my collectors edition and only had time to make 2 characters. Can I change my name midway through the game regardless of gender or will I have to stick to a name the entire time?

Also is anyone else having issues with the Colector's edition USB? My computer isn't reading it or mounting it so I'm not sure if I have a dud or not.

Chaos17

I just got my collectors edition and only had time to make 2 characters. Can I change my name midway through the game regardless of gender or will I have to stick to a name the entire time?

you can't change your name

Lin is great. Made me laugh a couple of time.

Indeed, first ever english voice actress I heard who take really a voice of a youngster.
Usually, they're bad in english.

jrcbandit

Ugh, I didn't check my download. The 10GB download was corrupt and now I have to redownload again before playing the game at 2+ hours....

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
First impression is really bad. Awkward controls. Stillted voice acting. Characters models look bad. Can not adjust any sound settings. Ran into a couple bugs in the first hour. UI is just lol worthy. Gotta power through the junk.

Renewed

I feel like sharing. Moving at a snail's pace just taking everything in (talking to people, exploring NLA and nearby).

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01zkplr.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01t5osi.jpg

mjc

First impression is really bad. Awkward controls. Stillted voice acting. Characters models look bad. Can not adjust any sound settings. Ran into a couple bugs in the first hour. UI is just lol worthy. Gotta power through the junk.

The speed of the cameras is throwing me off, and customizing it doesn't make it much better. That's my biggest control gripe so far.

Malus

It's a different feeling compared to the first game when a strong monster finds me, I sprint away, superman leap off a cliff, and I turn around to find the thing charging towards me. Damn.

RPGCrazied

Lame, all ready to play. Pop disc in. Got an update, okay I'll download that. Then it installs, ready to play! Nope, installing downloadable content which I'm assuming is the data packs? And the bar is barely moving. Nooooo. Does this take an hour or what?

I want to finish a few other games before getting into this, but I bought it right away for the $10 card at best buy and thought it might get a low print run.

Turns out my best buy had 50 or more copies on the shelf. Crazy after how much resistance there was to the first games release.

The speed of the cameras is throwing me off, and customizing it doesn't make it much better. That's my biggest control gripe so far.

Fighting with the camera is almost a nostalgic thing at this point. The bounding makes it all worth it, however; just the feel of exploration and constant incredible vista after vista makes the price of admission feel like a bump in the road.

Renewed

Lame, all ready to play. Pop disc in. Got an update, okay I'll download that. Then it installs, ready to play! Nope, installing downloadable content which I'm assuming is the data packs? And the bar is barely moving. Nooooo. Does this take an hour or what?

Took me about 10 minutes at most? I left to clean dishes in the meantime lol

ike_

So one of the first quests I got was "Welcome back, Connor." Connor later used the phrase "oh sweet baby back ribs."

8-4 was involved in the localization weren't th-OH MY GOD WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU TWO?

Anyways, I am enjoying this game a lot.

Chaos17

I don't understand why you bought that game if the aethetic isn't your type...

Mupod

"installing downloadable content"

TDA1taY.jpg

also why the hell did it make me clear up ANOTHER 10 gigs on top of the 15 it made me download. I thought the DLC packs only needed 10.

Azuran

Banned
I was just walking by this huge monkey monster who decided to wake up as soon as the sun went down. I tried running away but this huge boulder from miles away one shot me lmao. That's probably enough random exploring for now. I haven't even reach New LA even thought I been playing for 2 hours already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom