• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malus

Just riding the elevetor up to get a good look at NLA, rocking out to that day theme. Then just jump all the way down. Outside of the faces I'm loving this game right now.

Both NLA themes took some getting used to but now I can't get enough.

Kadin

I called Nintendo to ask them about the lack of any volume controls. The rep I spoke with was aware that there was no setting in the game for this but that it's something that they POSSIBLY could add in at a later date. My question is, how feasible do you guys think that is?

I mean, I know stuff like that can be patched in but historically, has this ever happened with other Nintendo games?

I hate to jump on the hate train but there have been more than a few times now where I'm trying to listen to someone in-game talk and the music is literally drowning them out at times or just completely distracting. Really needs to be looked into but I don't know how else to bring it to their attention.

Neoweee

Is there any way to speed up the text or skip dialogue without skipping the entire page of text or skipping the entire scene?

I feels like I've gone back in time a decade.

rhandino

Banned
I mean, I know stuff like that can be patched in but historically, has this ever happened with other Nintendo games?.
Well, they patched Codename STEAM for faster load times, Smash got more stages for 8-Player smash, quality-of-life content on Hyrule Warriors so... maybe?

My character and her team of bad woman ready to go wreck some bad guys
djdlkj;lzkjx;lzkj;lzjcx

This image is everything...

Shun

Dammmit. It turns out the USB I got with my Collector's Edition was a defect and I'm gonna have to get it replaced.

Does anyone know how big the USB is in size? I'm probably gonna reformat it if possible.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
I might push this back on ntil a paych like that comes out. The music is seriously just way loud and way bad. I can't believe they didn't put something nd settings in.

Big Brett

First Xeno game for me, I'm a bit confused on the arts. I was under the assumption the green bar slowly filling was my ability to use a particular art, but it doesn't seem that's the case. What's the deal?

I'm loving this game so far. The voice acting is surprisingly good and I love the vast exploration. I loved the origins Xenoblade mechanics and this feels as good.

It's unclear where this will stack up to me compared to Bloodborne, MGS V and others (though I wasnt a huge fan of Witcher and still am early on in Fallout) but if it keeps up, it's likely going to be my favorite Wii U game this year, and could be up there with my favorite this year.

jrcbandit

Dammmit. It turns out the USB I got with my Collector's Edition was a defect and I'm gonna have to get it replaced.

Does anyone know how big the USB is in size? I'm probably gonna reformat it if possible.

It's only 800 mb, lol. Nintendo couldn't even give us a 2-4 gb drive...

-Horizon-

I saw a thread on gamefaqs say it was only 800MB and you can't change anything on it.

Hattori

Banned

800MB~ ,only works with Windows, music is locked with some kind of encryption so pretty much useless for anything other than how it looks plugged in.

Shun

You know what forget it, it's not worth the hassle to replace for a 800mb paperweight.

This is some doujin fan disk tier shit.

bodine1231

Do the data packs automatically install after downloading them? I didn't see anywhere in the game to point to the packs or that if it recognizes that they are on my HDD.

Chaos17

First Xeno game for me, I'm a bit confused on the arts. I was under the assumption the green bar slowly filling was my ability to use a particular art, but it doesn't seem that's the case. What's the deal?

It's charging up, more it charges more damages/efficient it will be.
It's not obligatory to wait, just a bonus.

Daezuel

Finally my copy comes in the mail, go to turn it on, the data packs I downloaded 2 days ago are corrupt. My options are to delete and download again or play without them.

Nice design there, glad I don't have a data cap yet.

Will probably wait.

Chaos17

Hmm, so the USB is a bust. What about the artbook?

It's good, I wish i could've been bigger than the box but it had to fit in I guess.

Finally my copy comes in the mail, go to turn it on, the data packs I downloaded 2 days ago are corrupt. My options are to delete and download again or play without them.

Nice design there, glad I don't have a data cap yet.

Will probably wait.

Someone said earlier that you can probably play while it's downloading.
You may want to try it.

desu

Finally got my Skell, was a bit dissapointed to find out that you cannot fly from the start (or I am missing how to!?)

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01slash.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01blb08.jpg

Guymelef

Should I spend my points upgrading abilities fromn classes that I'm not going to choose again? Like the default class?
Is there a limit on points you can win?

Reszo

Omg I'm fuming. Amazon f*cked up. This game was supposed to be here today and I'm prime. WTH this was my one day off lol.
You know what makes it worse? It's been sitting at the local ups office that delivers to my home since 12am.

Brannon

When I heard that the game had V-Sync, I prayed to all the gods for no input lag.

And then I pressed the stick.

And then the camera turned DAMN YOU MONOLITHSOFT.

Small exaggeration but it's there. At least it's an RPG an not a shooter like Perfect Dark Zero or a full action game like Enslaved; that deserves a proper barrage of glancing nut strikes. But enough bitching, let's do this game!

Shun

Cool. Guess I'll keep my SE then. How many pages is the artbook?

Like 80. Most JP Artbooks are softcover anyway so it's not a real loss.

The USB was stupid tho.

The Collector's is worth it because the after market price is high, people will buy it for collecting later on and you'll probably at least break even.

SalvaPot

Got 3 copies, 1 for me, 2 to sell. Sold both in 5 seconds, people keep wanting to buy my extra copy. I need to go get more.

The hype is real.

Dad

When I heard that the game had V-Sync, I prayed to all the gods for no input lag.

And then I pressed the stick.

And then the camera turned DAMN YOU MONOLITHSOFT.

Small exaggeration but it's there. At least it's an RPG an not a shooter like Perfect Dark Zero or a full action game like Enslaved; that deserves a proper barrage of glancing nut strikes. But enough bitching, let's do this game!
Try messing around with the camera options in the menus. I had problems with the camera feeling unwieldy and sluggish, but there was one toggle (I forget what it was called) that made the camera move more naturally and immediate

deoee

Can someone please tell me how much this costs in the european / german eshop?

I can not check myself at the moment :-/

Hey guys, how is the inventory management system in this game? That was the technical thing I hated most in the old game. I could never tell if a new weapon was better than my current weapon because of the gems (or whatever they were called) had to be removed to make an apples-to-apples comparison (and they might have different numbers of gem slots which makes it even more annoying).

Please tell me they came up with something better than that. It sounds petty, but even something like that demotivates me from actually playing this game.

Omg I'm fuming. Amazon f*cked up. This game was supposed to be here today and I'm prime. WTH this was my one day off lol.
You know what makes it worse? It's been sitting at the local ups office that delivers to my home since 12am.
My copy hasn't shipped.

On Prime as well

etking

Banned
My first impressions: Voice acting is much better than expected, music is OK. Controls need improvement, especially while targeting enemies or parts of enemies. You cannot use the dpad like in the original Xenoblade, instead you need to use L + A/Y which is really inconvenient and needs to be fixed. Issuing party commands with + is really inconvenient too and I do not really understand how to use the different (green / red) target lock modes yet.

I prefer the original Xenoblade over this game so far. But according to IGN the biggest flaw which is the missing focus on story progression will be fixed in Xenoblade 3.

jgwhiteus

Getting started with it - but I always take too damn long with character creation...

Um, did anyone else find this particular tattoo to be a bit funny? I'm not quite sure what it's supposed to be, but it looks like... something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom