• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaos17

How bad is the grind? Or is it paced well?

You're always rewarded for the efforts you do :)

That's what I like in this game, for example : you can install some probes and setup them up to mining. By doing that it will give you money passively. Also, those probs will let you fast travel to them and reveal interesting ressources to find around it.

Hey guys, can you edit your character later in the game? I kinda hate the voice I gave her.

Also, if there is an edit option, where do I go to access it?

Numb

Played for a few hours earlier today.

Still don't have my BLADE license but I will have it soon when I get back on. I'd post a screenshot but I don't know how to do that on Wii U yet.

Took a min.
Just press the home button and go to the browser. The screen you pressed on will be available to upload to image hosting sites

desu

1273229991072708013.gif

So can you actually make that jump? I tried a few times but there always seem to be missing 1-2 meters.

I feel really dumb. I somehow ended up preordering this twice. Now I have two copies and I don't even plan on playing it until this summer.

1273229991072708013.gif

So can you actually make that jump? I tried a few times but there always seem to be missing 1-2 meters.

Haven't gotten a Skells yet or even to that point but can you do to a Skell what Mario does to Yoshi in Super Mario World? If so you'll be able to make that jump.

tebunker

Banned
Finally was able to get some time in, I like it, I know I want to go through the menu and tweak some stuff, had to speed up the camera right away. Happy with my character, would have liked a little more options, but overall okay.

One thing I don't like is having to toggle the gamepad screen on to get audio out of it. Just run the audio please. I like using a headset to play and it's not optimal to have the game rendering twice just for audio.

mAcOdIn

Alright, I've played for a bit and have a few opinions.

First, this is the most needlessly complex game ever. I like complexity but this shit is silly. Character levels, affinity levels, blade levels, division levels, class levels, field skill levels, art levels, skill levels, gear levels, manufacturer levels. Ugh. I'm managing, it's not that it's too hard to grasp, more like, why?

Music, God damn, there's only like 2 good track and the rest of it really is kinda ass.

And everything feels clunky, the controls are kind of ass, the running is off, the umping's off, and there's little QOL things that bug me, like the game ending a cutscene to launch into another. Does the Transport ship taking off and landing need to be two separate cutscenes, why would I want to skip the take off but watch the landing or vice versa? Or watch a cutscene, get a prompt to save, go back to the ingame engine for a moment and then pop back into cutscene, it's really kinda amateurish.

Not a fan of amnesiacs.

I can't decide how I feel about the level design, on one hand it might be too busy on the other it's definitely more complex than Xenoblade, I don't know how I feel about it yet.

And once again a big Fuck you to the gamepad usage. Let me bring up the map with the Pro Controller instead of making me keep the gamepad next to me to fast travel or change probes. Shit, took me forever to realize that this "comm device" they were mentioning was their stupid term for the gamepad and there was no way for me to accomplish that task with the Pro Controller.

I have no idea what's going on with the social aspect of the game. Everytime I do something the games telling me to report it, which I guess is code to use miiverse but I can't really do that with the Pro Controller anyways, but that's conjecture, the game's not really explaining any of it.

I don't think the game's bad but it really does feel like a step back from Xenoblade.

Juster

Neo Member
2 hours to download the data packs, wish I did this while I was at work. cant wait to play it but this is the worst . see you all shortly cant wait!

aravuus

I have no idea how to finish this "A New Rival" affinity quest. I did 2 objectives but the 'Research' one alludes me.

It's listed in the missions. Gain 4000 funds on one go from research probes.

First, this is the most needlessly complex game ever. I like complexity but this shit is silly. Character levels, affinity levels, blade levels, division levels, class levels, field skill levels, art levels, skill levels, gear levels, manufacturer levels. Ugh. I'm managing, it's not that it's too hard to grasp, more like, why?

While I agree that it does reach silly heights, I love it. Love having shit to level up.

I mostly agree with your other complaints, though.

NotLiquid

I remade one of my OCs in the game. I really love it when a character maker allows me to recreate these things to a T.

Being able to customize even the blank sclera was surprise. I do wish there were some elements of the maker that were a bit more versatile but I was super pleasantly surprised.

While I haven't gotten very far in the game so far and it's taken a little while to get going, I've enjoyed the world building and the environments are so beautiful. Really excited to dig deeper.

Battles seem a little easier to handle when spamming party commands. Highly recommended.

You could get away without it in XB, except for a few specific battles...

Numb

I remade one of my OCs in the game. I really love it when a character maker allows me to recreate these things to a T.

Being able to customize even the blank sclera was surprise. I do wish there were some elements of the maker that were a bit more versatile but I was super pleasantly surprised.

While I haven't gotten very far in the game so far and it's taken a little while to get going, I've enjoyed the world building and the environments are so beautiful. Really excited to dig deeper.

You can go back to character creator and update or change everything?
When and how?
Just in case.

Chaos17

Did check the manual ?
A lot of basic things are explained over there.

And everything feels clunky, the controls are kind of ass, the running is off, the umping's off, and there's little QOL things that bug me, like the game ending a cutscene to launch into another. Does the Transport ship taking off and landing need to be two separate cutscenes, why would I want to skip the take off but watch the landing or vice versa? Or watch a cutscene, get a prompt to save, go back to the ingame engine for a moment and then pop back into cutscene, it's really kinda amateurish.

Except for the jump button, I think the controls are basic to grasp...

And once again a big Fuck you to the gamepad usage. Let me bring up the map with the Pro Controller instead of making me keep the gamepad next to me to fast travel or change probes. Shit, took me forever to realize that this "comm device" they were mentioning was their stupid term for the gamepad and there was no way for me to accomplish that task with the Pro Controller.

... This game was designed to be played with the gamepad... Just like Splatton is and Mario Maker...
/facepalm

I have no idea what's going on with the social aspect of the game. Everytime I do something the games telling me to report it, which I guess is code to use miiverse but I can't really do that with the Pro Controller anyways, but that's conjecture, the game's not really explaining any of it.
I don't think the game's bad but it really does feel like a step back from Xenoblade.
The heck ?
You only have to report certain quests to npc.
Squad quests are automoaticly completed.

Seriously, I advice to pause your game and go read the manual a bit and even the npcs. Both of them give advice. Like How Eleanor intriduce your to division more in deapth and anoter npcs.

This game need you to take your time and READ.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican

Music, God damn, there's only like 2 good track and the rest of it really is kinda ass.

Not a fan of amnesiacs.

I can't decide how I feel about the level design, on one hand it might be too busy on the other it's definitely more complex than Xenoblade, I don't know how I feel about it yet.

I agree with a lot in this post. XB is one of my favorite games of all time and I bought a WiiU a year ago for X. I echo all your complaints and add the stupidly small text font... 90% of the menu screen real estate is unused, why does the font have to be so small?!

I've only played for a couple of hours , I hope I like it more. It's one of those things where I'm feeling like XBC had "less is more" going for it.

yeah but like... how? does my revenue total have to be over 4000? cause it's 1715 now, or am I looking at the wrong thing?

If I remember correctly it will tell you somewhere on the change probe screen how much revenue your probes will make you when they mine. You want that number to be over 4000.

I installed 1 research probe and then a lot of basic probes to get that number high enough.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
AGITΩ;187967361 said:
Great...UPS updated to delivery for Monday, because UPS Ground doesn't deliver on Saturdays....that's real great.

Same here, which pushed me into buying the regular edition. I'll just return the CE when it arrives, a three day wait is not worth it just for an artbook and useless USB drive.

Sorry you gotta wait though, I'm assuming you are overwhelmed with hype right now considering how much you enjoyed Chronicles.

Man, I'm gonna say something that I never expected to say, but 12 hours in and I'm having way more fun with this game than I ever had with the first one.
Everything just clicks with me.

Iryx

Just spent the last two hours hunting for some beagflea squashes, and I finally got my Skell License, at hour 32.

Marow

In regards to the clunkiness, I also felt that at first. Then I changed the camera setting to remove the smoothing (though the description said speed, oddly). After that it's been a pleasure and not clunky at all. Strange, but hey, did the trick for me.

So I won't be able to play this till after finals next week, but I really want learn about it as I'm
not
studying. Iirc, there are preset gun/melee weapon combos, right? If so, which melee weapons go with the sniper? I really want that sniper, but also want certain melee weapons; prob will be switching it up regularly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom