• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.

brinstar

Question just finished chapter 3, so I'm exploring the overworkd, how do I set up these mining things/ beacon for fast traveling later? Do I have to take up certain quest or can I just go to a location on map and is there a button for setting up a mining beacon????
you just have to find them by exploring. there's no special button just press A on the ray of light coming from the ground when you find them.

Hard to read some of the UI on screen.

How do I know if my data packs are installed and working properly?

Edit: I ask because I've noticed a few textures not loading for a second. Is that normal with all of the day packs?

Hard to read some of the UI on screen.

How do I know if my data packs are installed and working properly?

Edit: I ask because I've noticed a few textures not loading for a second. Is that normal with all of the day packs?

Same here. The game can look stunning and then awful in an instant.

Also, anyone feels that the camera is wonky, it moves too much and makes me dizzy after playing for about an hour.

So I'll finish Chapter 2 tomorrow probably, but I'm not sure which division to pick. Does anyone have any recommendations? I was thinking the Reclaimers (I think that's the name). The one that increases drop rate on enemies? Seems pretty useful, but not sure how hard it is to actually level it compared to the others. I don't want to choose one that will cause my BLADE level to gain levels super slowly.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
So I'll finish Chapter 2 tomorrow probably, but I'm not sure which division to pick. Does anyone have any recommendations? I was thinking the Reclaimers (I think that's the name). The one that increases drop rate on enemies? Seems pretty useful, but not sure how hard it is to actually level it compared to the others. I don't want to choose one that will cause my BLADE level to gain levels super slowly.
You can always change your division at anytime

RPGCrazied

Played for a couple hours. Got to New L.A. Really cool so far. My only gripe is some of the text can be painfully tiny. It kinda sucks.

Here is my guy I made. Kinda plain, but that is how I roll.

WVW69ioVmMYMnFEGBg

Xamdou

Just got my XCX SE from bestbuy and it came in a plastic mailer, the box's corner's are all bent and beat up. I know for damn sure the insides will be in shitty condition too and I haven't even opened it yet.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
... This game was designed to be played with the gamepad... Just like Splatton is and Mario Maker...
/facepalm

What is this bullshit?

How was the game designed to be played with the GamePad? By pasting a map on it and preventing you from accessing it in any other way?

How in the world are you seriously comparing such a massive contrivance to the GamePad implementation in Splatoon and Mario Maker. I hope that /facepalm was directed towards the developers.

It's especially ridiculous considering they offer off-screen (TV) play, but you can't access the map when doing so.

Dad

So I'm not sure I understand the map in this game. Is there anyway to know where I have or haven't been besides where I place probes? Do landmarks I find in the world even show up at all? Right now it just seems sort of useless

Jarmel

Banned

I'm having that same issue. You apparently don't directly get the passive buff but rather you give it to other players. So not really sure.

You can always change your division at anytime

Yeah true. I think it costs money to change, though. Not positive about that. Maybe that was just dealing with the online stuff.

I'm having that same issue. You apparently don't directly get the passive buff but rather you give it to other players. So not really sure.

Er what? You don't get the buffs from the division you choose? Surely that can't be right lol :eek:

burgerhole

Neo Member
Everyone is enjoying themselves too much so I decided to download it on eshop because I couldn't wait a few days for mine to arrive. I'm weak.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Yeah true. I think it costs money to change, though. Not positive about that. Maybe that was just dealing with the online stuff.

Er what? You don't get the buffs from the division you choose? Surely that can't be right lol :eek:
I think only probes cost money when changing..I don't think divisions do

ChrisD

OOOHOHOHO, Uncontrollable is just the big enemy battle theme?
I'm going to quote Lin here with a, "This. Is. Awesoooome!"

Love that song! I delayed the battle against the giant bug for it. :p

Just got my data packs installed, and I am getting ready to play, but....I guess I missed the revelation that you can't play this with headphones. This is so goddam fucking stupid. Why would they do this?

Same here. The game can look stunning and then awful in an instant.

Also, anyone feels that the camera is wonky, it moves too much and makes me dizzy after playing for about an hour.

Hmmmm...I was hoping it was my data packs not being properly installed. I downloaded them but didn't see anything else I was supposed to do.

Just finished chapter 3. I could play this game all day. Game is amazing. Combat is so much better than the first game too. Loving all the customization freedom too. So much to do!

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
So I'm not sure I understand the map in this game. Is there anyway to know where I have or haven't been besides where I place probes? Do landmarks I find in the world even show up at all? Right now it just seems sort of useless

I don't know what they were localized as, but you can hear about "segment topics" from people in town and such, and once you do, something will be revealed on the map in the applicable segment, which kind of tells you that there's something to do there.

But I don't think it really marks where you've been besides the probes.

Just bought the Mario Kart 8 Bundle, the Hardcover Strategy Guide and the game.

Really excited to jump in!

Any launch day patch I should be worried about?

III-V

I want to love this game, but I can't commit. I really enjoyed Xenoblade, spent over 100 hours in it, but something about the reviewers careful wordings with this game has me paused for a few months.

What worries me most are descriptions of minimal story. I really do not want to RPG for RPG sake. I want a strong narrative.

Dad

I don't know what they were localized as, but you can hear about "segment topics" from people in town and such, and once you do, something will be revealed on the map in the applicable segment, which kind of tells you that there's something to do there.

But I don't think it really marks where you've been besides the probes.

=/

I was hoping for something more similar to Xenoblade's mapping system

I ordered the hardcover guide but Amazon hasn't shipped it and it shows on the page in stock on the 12th.

Edit: oh, and congrats. Getting the Wii U now you should have a decent library to catch up on. There may not be big releases on the Wii U every week, but it has some amazing experiences on it.

Ulysses 31

You might want to consider the data pack add-ons which require 15GB to download and install for XBX.

I found that USB external HDs are generally faster than Wii U's internal memory so that's something to consider as well.

I forgot I had the special edition pre-ordered and got the email that amazon shipped my copy today.

Now I don't know if I should keep it or sell it cus dat $90

R0ckman

Anyone have the Survival Quantlet L? Just won't to know what or where it drops, very early equip, want to finish this suit.

drac96

Ohh joy, my copy was delayed in transit. Despite the fact that my friend who pre-ordered it 2 months after me and lives two streets away got his copy today. Good work UPS. Good work.

Kinsei

Banned
I stepped into Noctilim for an affinity quest and boy is it beautiful.

My current equipment makes me look like a pink power ranger (minus the helmet) >.>

finalflame

Ohh joy, my copy was delayed in transit. Despite the fact that my friend who pre-ordered it 2 months after me and lives two streets away got his copy today. Good work UPS. Good work.

UPS literally delayed one of my packages this week for a day because it was forgotten at the facility 4 miles from my house. That was literally the reason. My tracking said "Package delayed due to being forgotten at delivery facility".

Fuck UPS sometimes.

Anyone else wary of starting up since Splatfest in Splatoon starts at midnight?

I really only play the game during them to get Super Sea Snails to upgrade my gear.

Still I want to play day of so her I go to play for two hours.

qko

Man, last night I was looking at posts about the midnight delay, and that was on page 16 of this thread

I asked for this game for Chistmas and I don't know how longer I can wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom