• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay. Just woke up. Played for about ten hours yesterday. Am pretty ill so will probably repeat today. Good shit. I am legitimately living it. I could ask for the map to be better but I seem to have it sorted well enough. Figuring out auras and soul voices took more effort than i would have liked, along with tension and battle points. But the info is available in game, even if it requires popping into the manual and having to look for it hasn't negatively affected the experience. Combat is fun. Exploration is fun. Unlocking beacons is more fulfilling than any open world icon hunt I've been involved with yet, likely because of the options for increased income and environmental effects. Although sneaking your way to a beacon too difficult to unlock is a huge bummer as you don't get a landmark and leveling up beacon unlock ability seems to exist only as a middle finger to me as a pathfinder.

Marow

Does anyone know how to go online again ingame? Because earlier today the connection was lost for some reason and I spent the rest of the time in offline mode.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Played for a few hours earlier today.

Still don't have my BLADE license but I will have it soon when I get back on. I'd post a screenshot but I don't know how to do that on Wii U yet.
Home button. From there you can either post a shot to Miiverse and then link that from web Miiverse to anywhere (my preferred way) or after hitting home open the web browser and go to an image site and choose "upload photo" and choose your screen.

SAC

Neo Member
super jealous of everyone who has the game right now... initially, Amazon said that my SE was going to ship today and be here on Tuesday but it is 6pm here and it still hasn't shipped. i am amazed at their incompetence and complete lack of taking responsibility. especially when i live in one of their "same day" shipping areas that they prominently advertise all over my city... i dunno, i preordered the SE minutes after it went on Amazon, yet i'm still just sitting here waiting for it to ship. i honestly doubt it will be here on Tuesday... erg. /rant

Vecks

Amazon finally shipped my copy. Should be getting here Monday. I'm amazed some of you guys are already getting skells.

AGITΩ

Same here, which pushed me into buying the regular edition. I'll just return the CE when it arrives, a three day wait is not worth it just for an artbook and useless USB drive.

Sorry you gotta wait though, I'm assuming you are overwhelmed with hype right now considering how much you enjoyed Chronicles.

What I might do is buy a regular edition and return the boxed copy in the SE once it arrives...as long as the UPC number matches....
Quick, anyone with a North American SE, whats the UPC on the gamebox. I'm hoping it's not one of those "Not for Resale" UPC...

I'll quote myself from another thread because it's suited for the OT and shows why I'm enjoying the game until now.

...I've enjoyed XC immensely and I'm enjoying XCX immensely as well. So sure, make it more story heavy but please, let me explore and discover like I'm doing in XCX, overwhelm me like XCX, it's nice to go out on a couple of missions, help the town grow, invest the revenue from all that probing and exploring into new gear, and, up until now at least, I'm not getting a sense of urgency like some stories bring very early on, when it makes it feel awkward to just ignore the story and fool around (the "fooling" around here makes sense, you are always helping the greater cause). I like the time and freedom they gave me in XCX.

Sure, there are a couple of things that could be worked on, text is indeed small, music/voices need a slider, the camera controls had to be tweaked (it was too slow to turn, didn't feel good controlling the character, but I've found my sweet spot), but normally when I'm enjoying a game this much I don't focus on the flaws and don't let them ruin my experience, though some are legitimate complains about this game.

Riki

super jealous of everyone who has the game right now... initially, Amazon said that my SE was going to ship today and be here on Tuesday but it is 6pm here and it still hasn't shipped. i am amazed at their incompetence and complete lack of taking responsibility. especially when i live in one of their "same day" shipping areas that they prominently advertise all over my city... i dunno, i preordered the SE minutes after it went on Amazon, yet i'm still just sitting here waiting for it to ship. i honestly doubt it will be here on Tuesday... erg. /rant
Yeah I'm never preordering from Amazon again.
Worthless.

Accidentally skipped the cut scene at the very beginning where you come out of the pod, meet the silver haired lady and walk up to some sort of treasure or something. What did I miss?

1273229991072708013.gif

So can you actually make that jump? I tried a few times but there always seem to be missing 1-2 meters.

You people have Skells already?? I just chose a damn division.

Just spent the last two hours hunting for some beagflea squashes, and I finally got my Skell License, at hour 32.

How d'afuq?? This game came out today...

Also, here's my girl.

02ogkQm.jpg

ChrisD

In regards to the clunkiness, I also felt that at first. Then I changed the camera setting to remove the smoothing (though the description said speed, oddly). After that it's been a pleasure and not clunky at all. Strange, but hey, did the trick for me.

I spent twenty minutes messing with camera settings to get it just right. This was one of the things that made the most difference, though.

I love that Lin says, "make some tea," despite the very obvious alcohol lined up. Why they didn't just go with, "a drink," I'll never know.

Numb

Accidentally skipped the cut scene at the very beginning where you come out of the pod, meet the silver haired lady and walk up to some sort of treasure or something. What did I miss?

Recap of how earth got bodied quick and you are a dude who lost his memories.
Unless you also got skipped the naming part

ivysaur12

Banned
Amazon says it's shipped and was signed for by someone who's name I don't know.

None of my neighbors have seen anything.

Kill me.

brinstar

Yeesh, I think I played for 10 hours straight today... tomorrow after work I'm gonna see if I can check out any of the neighboring continents...

aravuus

Probably done with my first day with the game, it's 4:30am lol.

It definitely has a fair share of already apparent flaws, some small, some big, and I'm sure I'll come across more later on, but so far I'm really enjoying it. Definitely more than XB, which I already thought was good, probably thanks to the battle additions and open world.

In-game timer says I've already been playing the game for 14 hours and I've barely seen half of the first continent so.. Yeah, this is going to take me a long time. Hope I don't burn out on the battle system before I finish the main story.

This game need you to take your time and READ.

Those are legit complaints, there's no need to defend the game. Specially when I think you misunderstood a couple of his points.

dickroach

I stopped at Wal Mart and the lady there said they didn't have it and probably would get it in on Monday? wtf.
just ordered on Amazon. can't wait

Is there anyway to turn off the camera locking on to people and moving really slowly when locked on until it randomly snaps back into player control? Messed around with the camera settings a bunch and nothing seems to help.

TriBlade

Man, y'all look like y'all having some fun in here and I'm ready to join the party.

Look what finally came in!?!?!

Finally, after 3 years of waiting.

Reszo

Good news
I ran to gamestop and bought it lol. 10 mins before they closed. Forgot they were still open.
Ill return the one from Amazon when it gets here monday.
Probably be up all night

ChrisD

NLA's introduction is Persona 4 levels of EXPOSITION EXPOSITION EXPOSITION

And the theme with the UH's is horrific for the first half, which is bugging me because I really like the latter half. :(

This other theme that just turned on is alright through and through, so that's cool. Drums and bass with some jazz-like vocals. B)

Annnnnnd I can also see where the reviews were coming from on the game being "too complex" because wow I'm still lost in some of these menus after two hours straight. Will definitely take time to figure out where everything is. It's all easy to understand, but it's just really bloated, you know?

Despite all of that, I'm excited to play further. The front is just heavily loaded.

aravuus

Is there anyway to turn off the camera locking on to people and moving really slowly when locked on until it randomly snaps back into player control? Messed around with the camera settings a bunch and nothing seems to help.

Nope. It sucks.

Added to the growing "I mean it's not game-breaking or anything but just... Why?" tier design decision pile.

Azuran

Banned
Okay guns are cool and all, but I also want to kill stuff with a big ass sword like Cloud. Are there any classes like that?

jb1234

My best friend bought it for me for Christmas... but I don't know if I'm getting it release date or on the actual holiday. The suspense is killing me! :(

Jarmel

Banned
Trying to decide which division. Since the bonus for the division is only a buff you give to other players, doesn't really make sense to do the monster hunting ones. Probably will do Reclaimer.

brinstar

And the theme with the UH's is horrific for the first half, which is bugging me because I really like the latter half. :(

This other theme that just turned on is alright through and through, so that's cool. Drums and bass with some jazz-like vocals. B)

Annnnnnd I can also see where the reviews were coming from on the game being "too complex" because wow I'm still lost in some of these menus after two hours straight. Will definitely take time to figure out where everything is. It's all easy to understand, but it's just really bloated, you know?

Despite all of that, I'm excited to play further. The front is just heavily loaded.

after chapter 3 the game basically kicks you out into the wilderness and you're on your own lol

Okay guns are cool and all, but I also want to kill stuff with a big ass sword like Cloud. Are there any classes like that?

yeah, check the classes tab when you can, the class that equips longswords is probably what you want.

EhoaVash

Question just finished chapter 3, so I'm exploring the overworkd, how do I set up these mining things/ beacon for fast traveling later? Do I have to take up certain quest or can I just go to a location on map and is there a button for setting up a mining beacon????

Jarmel

Banned

The game underexplained the important stuff and overexplained the stupid shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom