• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else wary of starting up since Splatfest in Splatoon starts at midnight?

I really only play the game during them to get Super Sea Snails to upgrade my gear.

Still I want to play day of so her I go to play for two hours.

Just hit King/Queen ASAP then switch back to this game :p

Diablos54

Only ran in there quickly to kill a few monsters and grab a few items for a couple quests, but Oblivia looks just a beautiful as Primodia!

LOk1nWF.jpg

D6KZ4iU.jpg

RK8XuDo.jpg

Finally got the hang of the mission system so I'll be making lots of progress tomorrow!

chadboban

Only ran in there quickly to kill a few monsters and grab a few items for a couple quests, but Oblivia looks just a beautiful as Primodia!

LOk1nWF.jpg

D6KZ4iU.jpg

RK8XuDo.jpg

Finally got the hang of the mission system so I'll be making lots of progress tomorrow!

Okay, you need to start posting some of your screens in the console screenshots thread. They're just too gorgeous to be only in this thread. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=996617&page=268

I just got to the point where the world opened up to me and just wanted to say that it's absolute bullshit that I can't see the segmented map view and fast travel without the gamepad. There is no reason for this. I really detest using the gamepad as its not comfortable to me and inhibits my inputs. It's not really a debate about the game pad though but to lock it out for people who want to use the pro controller is bullshit. For now I've just decided to set the gamepad up next to me while I'm playing on the pro controller. I shouldn't have to do this though.

Is there a way to cycle through enemies during battle?

Right bumper lets you change targets, not always the most accurate thing though

Also just got to chapter 3, while I'm not one to normally rush these kinds of games I kind of want to get out tutorial land and be able to explore at my own leisure.

Copper

I've got to chapter 5 to do the quest it says I need to do the "Renewed Will Affinity" does anyone know where I find that?

Great game so far, clocked in 13+hours today.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Looks like it will be arriving Monday. "Release day shipping," thanks UPS.

Hopefully the default characters look okay because I don't like making characters and have no intention to spend time on it.

Jims

So what division did everyone pick?

Waffled for quite awhile but ended up going Prospectors. My favorite part of Xenoblade is definitely exploration, and collecting minerals and Miranium seemed more open-ended than putting probes on every land hex. Don't know how I feel about the Defense Up perk. I usually don't like to draw a ton of aggro to my main character, but maybe I'll try to tank the game.

I feel like picking up online rewards when not really participating is cheating somehow, but I'm doing it anyway. Prospectors had Rank 3 and had a bunch of free presents available, so I get to start out with 30,000 more money than usual. Feels like I didn't earn it, though, so maybe I won't in the future. I dunno. With all the resource management in this game, maybe I should just take whatever the game gives me.

XenodudeX

Is there seriously no other way to fix the small ass text than to sit closer to the tv? This pisses me off so much. Why do devs do this.

So what division did everyone pick?

Waffled for quite awhile but ended up going Prospectors. My favorite part of Xenoblade is definitely exploration, and collecting minerals and Miranium seemed more open-ended than putting probes on every land hex. Don't know how I feel about the Defense Up perk. I usually don't like to draw a ton of aggro to my main character, but maybe I'll try to tank the game.

Went pathfinder, while I do love the open exploring like you I do enjoy having a bit of a structure so and a bit of an ocd so laying probes along the way seems like it'll be helpful and gives me a goal of where I haven't explored yet.

mindsale

I've played for two hours but I'm going to bed - can someone answer two minor questions for me?

When do I get to pick a faction?

When does my character get her voice? Did I mess up during the selection and somehow make a silent protagonist?

I've played for two hours but I'm going to bed - can someone answer two minor questions for me?

Start of chapter 3

No your MC is always silent outside of battle clips

Anything I miss out on by not using a gamepad?

Gamepad always has access to a map of mira letting you change out what kind of mining probes you have and enables you to quick jump quickly without pulling up the menu.

Ulysses 31

When do I get to pick a faction?

When does my character get her voice? Did I mess up during the selection and somehow make a silent protagonist?

When you join B.L.A.D.E.

Only during battle.

The text is not bothering but i sit kind of close and have a decent tv. I remember when MH3U came out though my tv was wack and I wanted to cry how small the text was

mindsale

Start of chapter 3

No your MC is always silent outside of battle clips

Oh man, I really thought I'd botched it. The camera constantly pans awkwardly and silently to her like she's going to say something and then cuts away. I thought it was a glitch and just wasn't scripting properly.

Kamek

Why is it taking SO long to download the optimization packs. I've been downloading since 8pm. Can I take off my Wii U and have it still download?

First time with a Wii U and not too used to the gamepad at the moment. Should I pick up a Pro Controller or will I get accustomed to the pad at some point?

mindsale

The text is not bothering but i sit kind of close and have a decent tv. I remember when MH3U came out though my tv was wack and I wanted to cry how small the text was

I'm sitting about seven feet from a sixty-inch television and I am having severe difficulties with it. But I'm trying to invest time reading artes and things in the menus outside of battle to better familiarize myself with icons so the size 2 font isn't that big a hindrance.

mindsale

First time with a Wii U and not too used to the gamepad at the moment. Should I pick up a Pro Controller or will I get accustomed to the pad at some point?

I've had a Wii U since launch and I've always preferred the Pro Controller. It's just amazing feeling, I'm not crazy about the ergonomics of the Pad. Not to mention it gets about 76 more hours of charge than the Pad.

I'm seriously considering losing sleep just to keep playing.

Tomorrow I'll try out playing on the Pro controller to see if I can manage without the segment map.

I'm having a blast with the game but I have a question that some one can hopefully awswer. I just recently picked a Wii U up and was wondering if there was a way of outputting the games audio through the gamepad while having the gamepad set to show the map and other things on screen instead of mirroring the TV screen on the gamepad to get the audio to work.

Copper

I'm seriously considering losing sleep just to keep playing.

Tomorrow I'll try out playing on the Pro controller to see if I can manage without the segment map.

It's nice I'm able to play in bed with my pad. I'm able to log off long enough to post on here..

It's a big fucking game and I sort of feel all over the place at times. I guess as long as I'm exploring past chapter 3 I am doing something right. There are so many systems in place. Maybe too much. You don't want to miss anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom