• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sillution

Hey all, quick question. I'm probably going to be picking this up tomorrow retail version, and I was wondering how worse is it without installing the texture packs? I don't have a spare external hard drive at the moment and cannot pick one up any time soon.

ohlawd

FUCK

The game needs the Pad to input a name. Guess I'm shelving this game until I get a replacement for the charger

First time with a Wii U and not too used to the gamepad at the moment. Should I pick up a Pro Controller or will I get accustomed to the pad at some point?

I guess I've gotten used to the Gamepad cause it doesn't bother me. It did take a little getting used to when I first got it, but now it's no problem at all. Only complaint is the battery, but I have a charge cradle and an extra charger beside where I sit so I can plug it in while I'm playing without any issues.

OuterLimits

Oh man. My extra storage won't arrive until Monday. First time in awhile something got delayed on Amazon. I had enough space to download the basic pack. I could probably download one more. Hmm. Hopefully it plays ok. Plus, Splatfesf starts in an hour.

Daknight

Just finish playing and really liking the game :) Some minor annoyance with it in term of camera control, camera feel slow when moving it manually, specially indoors.

I understand what reviewers mention of this taking awhile to understand the systems...there are a lot. Didn't know about art leveling till the tyrant fight lol

I decide to went the pathfinder way. Is been a long time since a game kept me hook for 4 hours!

EhoaVash

Lol a bit overwhelmed with the many systems in place for this game but man I love exploring already

IMG_20151204_230300541.jpg
pretty game

boxter432

Took over two hours for me to finally go to NLA for the first time. Sorry level 3-5 dudes just chilling outside. I killed a lot of your cousins.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I am about an hour into it. Very lush, combat is fun, charming cast, and I like the customization. I am playing only on my game pad, which is comfortable. I hope Square-Enix sees this series and molds Star Ocean the same way.

Anyone have any idea how body size out of hundred maps to real world height relatively?

I always try to get as close to myself as possible for characters creators.

I want to be an equivalent to 5'10" or 178 cm.

The gameplay is of course awesome but I can't understand how they got so many little things so wrong. The text is too small, the gamepad is required for things that it should not be required for, you can't speed up dialog, the camera especially indoors is way too slow and sluggish, for some reason I have to press the a button 25x to open a treasure chest, the targeting is super wonky, there isn't even a good map (what just the minimap and the segmented view? Not really useful when going through canyons). These are basic things that make the game feel ancient and that every other modern game doesn't have an issue with.

Crap I never bothered with any of the Wii U's social features. How do I even take a screenshot?

Edit: Nevermind, figured it out I think.

So I picked this game up around 9 am this morning from game stop. Started playing around 10 am. It's 1030 pm central time and it feels like I just sat down to play 20 minutes ago. 12 and a half hours went by in a blink of a eye.

Now I'm pissed because I have work tomorrow but I want to keep playing. Fuck Friday releases.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
cool guy ups. i was supposed to get release date delivery and it's 10 pm and it's not here

usps never misses delivery. cool guy ups

I may be in the minority here, but the soundtrack is better than the original Xenoblade's. I fucking love the NLA music.

Hiroyuki Sawano is fucking awesome.

So I picked this game up around 9 am this morning from game stop. Started playing around 10 am. It's 1030 pm central time and it feels like I just sat down to play 20 minutes ago. 12 and a half hours went by in a blink of a eye.

Now I'm pissed because I have work tomorrow but I want to keep playing. Fuck Friday releases.

Nice!

R00bot

So after a couple of hours I'm thoroughly impressed. Only problem with the game is how long it takes to get out of the tutorial stuff in NLA at the beginning, although I guess it's necessary given how massive the game is.

Also menus in menus in menus. I love it.

I was afraid of this.

UPS apparently left my package in their warehouse for some reason. That is what it says on their tracking lol.
I haven't heard anything about my Amazon SE copy. Its supposed to be here tomorrow but tracking stopped at leaving Maryland 1pm yesterday and hasn't been updated

Chaos17

I've finally installed 70% of the probes on Primordia country, the other remaining percents are protected by too high level enemies.
That guy quest motivated me to do those probes because I had to get 3K of credt through probes for his quest.

CVbfiJnUwAA4lON.jpg

All hail fast travel!

Just played this for a few hours, with a large amount being in the avatar customization menus... lol.

They just went through a lot of information and I still feel like I know nothing. This is going to be one long game!

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
I just did a level 13 affinity quest, and they want me to mine some rare rocks with my resource nodes, kill specific monsters for their drops and go to another continent to get a gathering resource.

Wtf is this?? It could take me tens of hours to accomplish all of that, and there are no map markers for the resources.

So now my party is locked and I can't transfer members until this mission is complete?

Ugggh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom