• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stoof

Does the ammo mean each shot of a gun will be the given attack value? Or is the attack value the relative strength per volley of shots?

Dad

So, for the quests that want to me to collect however many of an item from the overworld, am I just supposed to grab blue crystals until I get them all? Is there any indication of which area of the map will have what I'm looking for?

So, for the quests that want to me to collect however many of an item from the overworld, am I just supposed to grab blue crystals until I get them all? Is there any indication of which area of the map will have what I'm looking for?
Ignore those quests. If you see one that you already have the items for accept it and it will auto-complete but otherwise don't even think about them. Those quests are a big part of why Xenoblade Wii got a bad quest rap but if you don't think about them you'll find you will just gather a lot of the stuff naturally as you play.

Ventara

Started up the game tonight and finished the prologue. Just stuck with the default male character since I've read you can change their appearance later, and I doubt I'll be looking at my character much. Anyways, I didn't explore much, but the environments look incredible. Graphically, not that impressive with lots of pop-in (haven't downloaded all the data packs yet; I will when my internet data cap resets), but the monster designs and gorgeous vistas totally make up for it.

I don't like some of the songs though. I want to hear more fantasy-world-exploration music.

Kadin

Pro-tip: When you reach a spot on the map for a quest and the area is a faded yellow, that usually means it's not on the same level as you. Don't be like me and spend 10 mins looking all around everywhere and then realizing you need to look up...

Jims

Oof. This guy wants me to track down an item he lost, so I trek across the field, locate it at the top of a small hill... And find a Level 35 creature staring straight at it. Ended up sneaking up around the rocks on one side, made a mad dash for it, and ran out of there as quickly as possible. Accidentally triggered it on the first attempt and barely ran away in time. When someone said this is stealth game sometimes, they were right.

I remember the first Xenoblade had some scary fetch quests. Remember one involving stealing an egg near a giant bird and then another fairly famous sidequest where you have to go into a cave with a bunch of Level 80 spiders and their cocoons...

R0ckman

Is this a bug or can you not run out of battles in this game? I was fighting an enemy and it attracted a slightly higher levels one. I tried to dash but the enemies like rubberband across the field like they were slingshotted to me.

Is this a bug or can you not run out of battles in this game? I was fighting an enemy and it attracted a slightly higher levels one. I tried to dash but the enemies like rubberband across the field like they were slingshotted to me.
I was able to run from every battle I wanted to avoid (not all of my teammates were as lucky though). There's also the emergency exit or whatever it is called thing, it just teleports you to the nearest landmark but has a timer.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member

You should definitely be able to run away in most situations.

Copper

Only thing this game is lacking in is story. I preferred the original xenoblades story and characters more. Other than that I'm really enjoying the exploration and battles. Can't wait to get a skell.

Kadin

It takes a LONG run to drop the aggro. I aggro'd some guys about 15 levels above me, jumped off a cliff to avoid them and they ran me down hard. Had no chance of escape and I was quite far from them after the drop.

Numb

Managed to run away once.
Seems like it was a big slow dude that gave me enough time and i also put a mountain between us ;_;

Evilkazz

Banned
Where is everybody?

Just got to the part where they let me loose and now I can do whatever. But I have to find the available party members in the city somewhere? Lin and Elma are easy to find but they could have at the very least indicated them on the map.

Can someone tell me where Douglas and the rest are located?

Ok! Ive got good thing and bad things to say.

First of all.

USB is 800mb. And it came damaged. It doesnt click when its out. Instead I have to hold it so it gets recognized in my USB port. This is the bad thing.

Good thing. Packaging, art book, double face art is awesome. I still havent got to play the game. But from what Ive been hearing from my friends, its all kinds of awesome. Hopefully it is the same for me.

What Im hoping for is that gamestop has a few collectors edition around so I can exchange the faulty USB even though it has crappy memory. But I like the design. If they don't, im gonna hate to loose the art book. Since it is all kind of awesome.

Simply put.....after creating my character I was blown away.

THERE IS SO MUCH GOING ON IN EVERY SINGLE DIRECTION.

This game.....,.wow.

Yeah.

Only thing this game is lacking in is story. I preferred the original xenoblades story and characters more. Other than that I'm really enjoying the exploration and battles. Can't wait to get a skell.

I won't really be surprised if storywise I'm going to end up thinking this too based on all the feedback and even Takahashi kind of saying it. The extra sci-fi is real nice though having been a huge fan of Xenogears and Xenosaga as well as Xenoblade.

Elma seems pretty awesome though and I still really like her design even after all the time we've been just waiting for the game.

69wpm

Oof. This guy wants me to track down an item he lost, so I trek across the field, locate it at the top of a small hill... And find a Level 35 creature staring straight at it. Ended up sneaking up around the rocks on one side, made a mad dash for it, and ran out of there as quickly as possible. Accidentally triggered it on the first attempt and barely ran away in time. When someone said this is stealth game sometimes, they were right.

I remember the first Xenoblade had some scary fetch quests. Remember one involving stealing an egg near a giant bird and then another fairly famous sidequest where you have to go into a cave with a bunch of Level 80 spiders and their cocoons...

Lol, that's what happened to me. I realized the yellow circle means that it's on a different level, I run up the hill and stare at those lvl 35 monsters and go: Eh, let's see If I can slowly go to the item. Nope, OHKO. So you can get the item? I'll try again today.

ClearData

I just reached New Los Angeles for the first time. The monologue with the overly dramatic music and the sweeping shots got me hyped. I actually yelled "Yeah!" in my living room. It's past midnight on the east coast and I was told to shut the fuck up. My face got pretty red.

I'm in love with this game and I haven't even seen 2% of it. Oh, and more huge games should drop on Friday. This is the Xenoblade X and PSX weekend. Or just the X weekend. lol.

Simply put.....after creating my character I was blown away.

THERE IS SO MUCH GOING ON IN EVERY SINGLE DIRECTION.

This game.....,.wow.

I'm 8 hours in and I'm still overwhelmed. This definitely seems like a dense game when you first dip into it. There's A LOT of stuff going on. Also scary high level monsters out to eat my characters shit isn't helping

I've died 4 times trying to do this one fucking side-quest. I just gave up and went back to putting drones in laser hole pointy things.

Who the fuck is Eleanora and why is she giving me advice all of a sudden, lol?
hey, get on with the plot already ;)
Lol, that's what happened to me. I realized the yellow circle means that it's on a different level, I run up the hill and stare at those lvl 35 monsters and go: Eh, let's see If I can slowly go to the item. Nope, OHKO. So you can get the item? I'll try again today.

for the record, the color tags correspond to the following:
gray: enemy is below your level
purple: enemy is 0-9 levels higher than your level
blue: enemy is 10-19 levels higher than your level
green: enemy is 20-29 levels higher than your level
yellow: enemy is 30-39 levels higher than your level
orange: enemy is 40-49 levels higher than your level
red: enemy is 50+ levels higher than your level

(not really spoilers: at max level the highest enemy tag is yellow)

diaspora

Just stepped out into the world after making my character and... damn.

W92XyhP.gif

exfatal

Im trying to figure out how to play with my buddy, or be in the same squad but he wont show up on friend list in the game or anything :s Anyone figure out what to do? wanna rent his character.

Illucio

Banned
I played the game for 30 minutes and felt super turned off by it being so MMO-like.

Please tell me it gets better, I want another Xenoblade Chronicles in terms of story and characters. Does it even get remotely close to that?

jb1234

I played the game for 30 minutes and felt super turned off by it being so MMO-like.

Please tell me it gets better, I want another Xenoblade Chronicles in terms of story and characters. Does it even get remotely close to that?

You're not gonna get that, dude. The game is much less focused on its story and characters. Sorry.

Well stuck on an affinity quest because I didn't mine material from specific spot from the frontier nav. Enjoying it though gonna explore
Oblivia
for the quest.

El Odio

Banned
I should really be going to sleep an ~20mins for work tomorrow but I'm too pumped for exploring everything now that the world seems to have opened up after completing chapter 2. To NLA and beyond!

Is this game really difficult? I want to buy it, but I am afraid that I won't have time to finish it an grind the way that I should because it's too hard. I am asking because I have 2 1/2 weeks vacations coming up and I want to possibly play this before I start grad school classes again.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Holy crap can someone tell me where Puges are in Primordia? I can't believe the game is locking all forward progression for me until I find loot that only they drop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom