• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
So an update on my package, its in Kansas somewhere at a amazon facility as of 1:16 AM, aka the state right next to me, but I wont get it until tomorrow(Sunday) at 8 PM which I think is sucky since it shouldn't take that long to get here, hell I should be getting it (technically) today as it really doesn't need to stop and just head over to my post office or however these trucks work.
Hopefully its a lot sooner than that.

Sölf

Finished chapte 3 and unlocked multiplayer. Oh god. I still have like no idea what I am doing. Maybe that will somehow change today. xD

Cleve

Just finished chapter 3. I'm really liking it a lot so far, it nails the single player mmo feel that lots of other games have failed at before. I kind of wish it gave you the option to read through/advance the cutscene dialogue, but I'll live as long as they don't get too much longer.

I really wish I'd replaced the battery on my wii U gamepad with the high capacity one. It died on me mid gameplay tonight and I don't have a great way to play and charge it.

105.Will

Anything specific? If not, then:

Select the "Missions" option in the menu and make sure that the chapter 3 mission is "set". There should be a yellow arrow on the mini map directing you where to go. When you get to the spot it should become a yellow circle (be mindful of elevation). The spot where you need to go will also be displayed as a blue pin on the Gamepad map. The details of the mission should also be displayed on the main screen, or you can check by selecting the chapter 3 mission in the menu and pressing L2/R2 to see a list of what needs to be done next.

If you're at the correct location or have completed the task and an event is not triggering, try saving and rebooting the game (I had a mission marker not trigger once, and this fixed it).

sorry i should have been more specific. What i meant was i don't have the chapter 3 mission. Its telling me to go to the barrack, but when i get the it says the requirements haven't been met. I think i need to survey more. so ill go do that and be back when that doesn't work lol

knkng

sorry i should have been more specific. What i meant was i don't have the chapter 3 mission. Its telling me to go to the barrack, but when i get the it says the requirements haven't been met. I think i need to survey more. so ill go do that and be back when that doesn't work lol

Oh yeah, story missions are restricted by various things such as level, how much map you've uncovered, etc. Not sure of the exact requirements for Chapter 3.

FYI, although your character typically only talks in battle, they can also talk for social responses (for multiplayer). I wish Monster Hunter would do the same.

T_Exige

I bought the game yesterday without knowing much about it.
So far it has been great, I had to get used to the camera and the amount of info/options, but after investing some time it has been amazing.

knkng

Nope. You should be able to 100% the game without fear of permanently losing an opportunity to do something.

I'm guessing the missions on the board don't count towards 100%, right? Every time I check it, it seems to be just randomly generated junk missions.

Is anything whatsoever missable?

Are there timed missions like the previous game? Anything else?
There are no timed missions but there are mission chains with different paths, so for example if you make choice A in mission B, you will unlock mission C, otherwise you'd unlocked mission D.

Just realised that even though this should arrive Monday, I have my work Christmas party that night, so it won't even be until Tuesday I can play it D:

Though I have Tuesday off so I can play allllll daaaaay looooong.

How do you use things like "evasion up ii" that you get as mission rewards? I assume I install them on weapons and armor, but I'm not seeing where.
I imagine like the first Xenobadle chronicles not all weapons/armour have empty slots to put them in and also some might be weapon only others armour only.

leng jai

Such a mixed bag after the 2 hours and getting to NLA. So far it's pretty middling - the combat seems better than XC and the scale in the world feels enormous. I'm in the camp hating the OST so far - just sounds bizarre. The character models all look terrible to me and facial animation is basically non-existent. The models in XC look far better despite being lower fidelity. Going from Shulk to a silent generic character doesn't feel good.

Obviously will have to play more, but so far I'm not hating it but at the same time hardly impressed.

Kind of disappointed in how Gamestop and UPS delivered my SE. There were circular stickers that sealed the box on the sides but one of them was basically half off, so I wonder if someone opened it. I had to slowly remove the sealing stickers but it still leaves the sticky residue on the box and I can see some white specks on where the stickers were, meaning some of it peeled away some of the box a bit. I thankfully have everything that should come with the SE, but it still makes me feel kind of easy someone might have opened up my box. I don't like the fact that someone is looking through a product I paid decent money to be delivered for (1 day delivery).

MechaX

Welp, ended up making a main character modeled after Major Motoko Kusanagi with the best female voice.

Yep, 100 hours in this game is assured now.

I'm guessing the missions on the board don't count towards 100%, right? Every time I check it, it seems to be just randomly generated junk missions.

Correct.

Xeno Wiki said:
Basic Missions refer to missions accepted from the Mission Control. There are three types of Basic Missions: Social, Gathering, and Bounty. Social Missions simply require the party to talk to specific NPCs, Gathering Missions require the party to collect a number of a specific material, and Bounty Missions require the party to hunt a number of a given enemy. Only twenty Basic Missions may be ongoing at once, but they can be abandoned at the Mission Control. There are a finite number of Basic Missions, but after enough are completed, they will begin to repeat. A few Basic Missions that guide the party to specific Story, Affinity, or Normal Missions may be missed if the corresponding mission is started without the Basic Mission, but these have no rewards and do not count towards completion percent (they are, however, logged in the completed mission log).

http://xenoblade.wikia.com/wiki/Mission

There are no timed missions but there are mission chains with different paths, so for example if you make choice A in mission B, you will unlock mission C, otherwise you'd unlocked mission D.

These missions eventually repeat, so you'll get a chance to make a different choice when it comes around again.

UltraJay

Holy crap can someone tell me where Puges are in Primordia? I can't believe the game is locking all forward progression for me until I find loot that only they drop.

Puges
are the needle-like robots that the aliens use in one of the early story missions where you go save Nelson.

Yeah, had to kill piglets and the mother showed up which I had to kill also for a quest. =/

whats-wrong-with-you.gif

Noponis

Neo Member
I have tried almost 10 times now to download this game every single time somewhere between 5 to 15 gigs into the download it gives me an error about my harddrive being disconnected.
This never happens when I play the countless games on the harddrive for hours on end.
I got a harddrive that is powered by an ac adapter opposed to a y cable because I heard the Wii U does not power harddrives through that reliably.
I even turned off the stupid hidden setting in the data management tab.
I have no idea what to do at this point, I just wanna play the game I have been anticipating since 4 years.
Any ideas?

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I was going to buy this today, but the harddrive I was planning to use doesn't work because it has a USB3 cable. Is there enough room on a 32gb Wii U to download this game and all the patches?

MouldyK

2 Hours in...Chapter 2 only started!

I'm making the On-Rails parts of the game take long...how will I be when they give me free reign?!

I was going to buy this today, but the harddrive I was planning to use doesn't work because it has a USB3 cable. Is there enough room on a 32gb Wii U to download this game and all the patches?

Yes. I moved all my games onto a USB except X.

knkng

How do you use things like "evasion up ii" that you get as mission rewards? I assume I install them on weapons and armor, but I'm not seeing where.

I imagine like the first Xenobadle chronicles not all weapons/armour have empty slots to put them in and also some might be weapon only others armour only.

Yes, you have to have an empty slot on your weapon/armor to set an Augment.

Open the menu:
Select Party -> Ground Gear -> [Character Name] -> Press X on chosen item -> Set Augment

On a side note, if your weapon or armor already has an augment set, they can be very easily upgraded at the AM Terminal (next to the shop in Armory Alley). Just enter the terminal and select "Upgrade Battle Traits". You can also engineer new augments at this terminal.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
This game has, hands down, the single worst soundtrack in the history of RPGs. There is just an inherent problem with using music with lyrics as part of a soundtrack that you, by its very nature, will hear a thousand times. I love One Love. But if I had to listen to fragments of it - or worse it in its entirety everytime I wanted to visit a town - I'd hate Nas with a burning passion.

I can still turn on the soundtrack to Xenoblade and have it play in the background as relaxation. This one has got be turning off the game way, way, way before I'm done playing with it.

syoaran

I can't stop playing. Second night in a row and I've barely slept. This games draw distance is awe inspiring - everything I see here I can know I can reach

1iTIN3kNm9qyWRk4.gif

aravuus

The gameplay is of course awesome but I can't understand how they got so many little things so wrong. The text is too small, the gamepad is required for things that it should not be required for, you can't speed up dialog, the camera especially indoors is way too slow and sluggish, for some reason I have to press the a button 25x to open a treasure chest, the targeting is super wonky, there isn't even a good map (what just the minimap and the segmented view? Not really useful when going through canyons). These are basic things that make the game feel ancient and that every other modern game doesn't have an issue with.

It's so weird! Considering the insane amounts of QoL improvements Xenoblade had compared to pretty much every other JRPG ever, it's crazy how many steps back XBX takes, especially in the most basic things.

Alone most of these are small complaints, but they're starting to stack up and really affect my experience at times.

I simply love this game so far. I'm in chapter 3 at around 9 hours. Been doing side quests and exploring before I go for the actual story mission.

I'm blown away by the insane amount of things to do/level up. All the freaking modifiers you can grant to your gear is insane. You can level practically anything too. I can't wait to get my hands on the Mechs and see how customizable those will be. Haven't even set foot into the residential or shopping districts of NLA.

Even though I'm not feeling the story in the same way Xenoblade hooked me, I'm heavily invested in my character and the game itself. I have a feeling some stuff will transpire and I'll be hooked on that too though.

The music is great, the art direction is cool, the world is super nice and I've barely scratched the surface. Really really happy with everything. There's even the online stuff that I honestly have no idea about yet!!!

The thing I'm most sad about is actually the fact this game will go largely unnoticed. It's for a very niche crowd though, I can see it being too overwhelming for most. It also happened to come out the worst time of year to get recognition. Most websites will have already decided on game of the year or they may not give this game enough time. And by next year the December releases will be long forgotten. I think this game needs to be seen by more people is all. It's remarkable. Maybe it's the jrpg fan inside me that's so ecstatic but I haven't been this pleased with a jrpg since the first Xenoblade :p Need to play more!

Help

I got this quest to obtain a data unit fn093 in Primordia's Green Threshold but I have no idea what that's supposed to mean, there are no items at that location and using a data probe apparently did nothing. I probably wasn't paying attention to something at some point but can anyone help me out?

Holy crap can someone tell me where Puges are in Primordia? I can't believe the game is locking all forward progression for me until I find loot that only they drop.

The drop some robot type things near the mission where you first meet the ass caves called puge's, you need to look in your index for this kind of stuff.
I feel like this is going to be a MH style game, which survives on its community helping each other

Joqu

My limited edition arrived and it's totally busted!

Of course they've run out of them so no replacements and no refunds. :(

Sadly due to Amazon shenanigans, I have to wait until Monday for my one-way flight to Mira. A pity they couldn't ship my limited edition on time like the rest of the normal copies.

Glad to see people having fun in this OT so far.

Help

I got this quest to obtain a data unit fn093 in Primordia's Green Threshold but I have no idea what that's supposed to mean, there are no items at that location and using a data probe apparently did nothing. I probably wasn't paying attention to something at some point but can anyone help me out?

NEVERMIND IT MAGICALLY SHOWED UP

Heng

I have tried almost 10 times now to download this game every single time somewhere between 5 to 15 gigs into the download it gives me an error about my harddrive being disconnected.
This never happens when I play the countless games on the harddrive for hours on end.
I got a harddrive that is powered by an ac adapter opposed to a y cable because I heard the Wii U does not power harddrives through that reliably.
I even turned off the stupid hidden setting in the data management tab.
I have no idea what to do at this point, I just wanna play the game I have been anticipating since 4 years.
Any ideas?
I would try and see if the y cable would fix the problem. If the problem persist, I would buy the physical copy and just install the data packets. You may run into the same problem here if you opt to get the data packets so I would suggest downloading these packets individually instead of doing it all at once.

R.D.Blax

The drop some robot type things near the mission where you first meet the ass caves called puge's, you need to look in your index for this kind of stuff.
I feel like this is going to be a MH style game, which survives on its community helping each other

Or you can buy the thing they drop in the blade barracks with some reward ticket

cyba89

I think it's kinda annoying that you have to finish an affinity quest first before you can progress in the main story.

I'm at the repair job quest and I have to farm a material from a enemy that is only on one specific point on the map and I forgot where that is. I wish the enemy encyclopedia would give you more info about the location than just the continent. That's not very helpful.
I also have to gather five white cometites for the quest and it seems that this takes quite a while. Only got two so far.

I can't stop playing. Second night in a row and I've barely slept. This games draw distance is awe inspiring - everything I see here I can know I can reach

1iTIN3kNm9qyWRk4.gif
The sense of scale is insane, I cant believe this game is running on wii u.

Just entered NLA and I already want to tear my ears off. What the fuck is this music?
Yeah its the worst song in the game, the song that plays when you first walk into the city should have been the default one.

imae

I'm fine with the music, while some tracks are a somewhat cheesy/generic, I'm... really feeling it in general.

So far the story / characters are not quite as interesting as in the original, but it feels better to play and has some great new features. I recently unlocked the multiplayer and the social stuff is pretty cool - played one co-up mission with 2 others. The battle seems improved too.

I really love having the map on the GamePad, it makes me wish I could have played through the Witcher 3 with the map displayed and functional on a second screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom