• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kamina

Golden Boy
Sölf;188002826 said:
Is there a way to change the text from german to english? Or does that not work witht he german version? Changing the console to english maybe?
Always set your console to english, that way all games will be english too. Except for example Skyrim, which does not feature english when bought in a german or frensh speaking country. (what were they even thinking?)

Jarmel

Banned
Sawano isn't responsible for the way the music is mixed into the game or how it is utilized after he has written it.

(I'm not defending him as a composer, to be clear. I think the music is terrible and a very bad fit for the game.)

I guess you can blame it all on the sound director however when you have vocals playing in the background for simple cutscenes, I imagine Sawano also didn't give the sound director much to work with.

aravuus

I didn't expect the music to be so divisive. Personally I love all of it.

Really? You didn't expect rock-rap with vocals in a JRPG to be divisive?

Is there any way to get more info on where certain items are other than what continent they appear on?

Completely lost on some of the collectible normal missions.

Not in-game. Primagames eGuide has location info for every collectible, if you can buy it. Wiki will have the info soon too, I'm sure.

jb1234

I guess you can blame it all on the sound director however when you have vocals playing in the background for simple cutscenes, I imagine Sawano also didn't give the sound director much to work with.

Music is only rarely written specifically for cutscenes (and usually the most important ones) for games that are loaded with them. Most of the time, the director looks at all the music available and picks what he best feels fits the scene. I have no idea why they chose to stick a song in there for a scene with dialogue. It's a very odd and distracting choice.

Jarmel

Banned
Music is only rarely written specifically for cutscenes (and usually the most important ones) for games that are loaded with them. Most of the time, the director looks at all the music available and picks what he best feels fits the scene. I have no idea why they chose to stick a song in there for a scene with dialogue. It's a very odd and distracting choice.

Composers and directors have different styles. Sawano as a composer litters his music with vocals which really limits the proper placement unless the sound director is exceptionally good. As such, you otherwise get bad scenes such as one of the cutscenes in Chapter 3.

Golnei

Composers and directors have different styles. Sawano as a composer litters his music with vocals which really limits the proper placement unless the sound director is exceptionally good. As such, you otherwise get bad scenes such as one of the cutscenes in Chapter 3.

They really should have made use of dynamic layers - although Nier's music was almost incomparably better than X's score, the way it faded in instrumental and vocal layers in response to ingame context could have helped here.

Expected delivery date, Dec. 10th...

D:

Tragic. Hopefully the estimate is a little off and you end up getting it a day or two earlier, but it's still not exactly ideal.

Cutscenes are just completely off in this game, everything in them feels slightly wrong: the music, the dialogue, the animations(more than slightly wrong), the sound mixing, not to mention that up until now they all go on for way too long. I don't know if it's unfinished or just botched but it's a huge step down from Xenoblade where the cutscenes were way more enjoyable.

Also yeah the music in NLA is baffling, I don't get why they went that direction. Overworld themes have mostly been good though.

cyba89

Is there any other way to get white cometites than with mining? I need five for an affinity quest and only got two so far. Played for almost an hour without getting another one. I only found one spot where you get these and placed a lvl 2 mining probe there.
This is super annoying because I can't continue with the main story until I have five of these.

leng jai

Cutscenes are just completely off in this game, everything in them feels slightly wrong: the music, the dialogue, the animations(more than slightly wrong), the sound mixing, not to mention that up until now they all go on for way too long. I don't know if it's unfinished or just botched but it's a huge step down from Xenoblade where the cutscenes were way more enjoyable.

Also yeah the music in NLA is baffling, I don't get why they went that direction. Overworld themes have mostly been good though.

I'm baffled at how much of Xenoblade's brilliance has been lost in this game. So many questionable decisions and aspects that have gone backwards. Looks like the move to HD wasn't easy.

Chaos17

People not liking the Sawano

669.gif

This

Is there any way to get more info on where certain items are other than what continent they appear on?

Completely lost on some of the collectible normal missions.
Did you use the nav ball ? If yes and still still find it, try to check this database > https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1g0YR4M8RAHiRhCbAvV4tjXXHLEhRMrARzZMYAUGmyZ4/pub#

Tragic. Hopefully the estimate is a little off and you end up getting it a day or two earlier, but it's still not exactly ideal.
There's no way it should take 5 days to get from where it is to where I live. Get it together Canadian Postal Service.

I'm feeling the urge to buy a second copy...

TheJoRu

For me the NLA-music (and most other vocal tracks) is mainly in "so bad it's good"-territory. I imagine it will get quite grating after 50 hours, though, lol.

desu

Is there any way to buy probes? They just seem to be coming from quests and treasures which is a little annoying.

Chaos17

Tip of the day : when you master a class tree/branch/the last class > you will be able to wear the weapons of the that class and use the arts that go with it when you choose another branch/class tree. Arts are tied with the weapons.

Is there any way to buy probes? They just seem to be coming from quests and treasures which is a little annoying.

Seems not

WVW69iobhr45hz6aMJ

For me the NLA-music (and most other vocal tracks) is mainly in "so bad it's good"-territory. I imagine it will get quite grating after 50 hours, though, lol.
They should have stayed more instrumental focused for the game in general. But outside of New LA nighttime the music I've heard has been pretty good tho

Zendoc

I'm sick of NLA's music. It's becoming really annoying. I like everything else on the OST (well, not the Tyrant one with the girl and male vocals). Even the fighting theme is really good 'cause the intro is long.

zakujanai

Just let it go son.

Ok kid.

Finally got to choose a division, though I'm not entirely sure I understand what that means exactly. I'm feeling really overwhelmed by everything. Not all of it is the games fault but there's do much to see, so much to do and absolutely no tutorial for any of it. Don't remember ever feeling so lost playing Xenoblade. With that you started in a smaller area and were gently broken into the games basic systems, the only thing this had come close to explaining is the probe system. I don't even know how to fight effectively or what the different colours for attacks mean.

Zendoc

Ok kid.

Finally got to choose a division, though I'm not entirely sure I understand what that means exactly. I'm feeling really overwhelmed by everything. Not all of it is the games fault but there's do much to see, so much to do and absolutely no tutorial for any of it. Don't remember ever feeling so lost playing Xenoblade. With that you started in a smaller area and were gently broken into the games basic systems, the only thing this had come close to explaining is the probe system. I don't even know how to fight effectively or what the different colours for attacks mean.

Yeah, good thing Xenoblade's fight system is still fresh in my mind because for everything else i don't really know if i'm doing things right.
Don't forget to read the manual (home button in game) it's long but useful.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Died thrice in a row to a main story boss and got an option to lower the difficulty for that specific boss. That really makes it less frustrating. So I finished chapter 4 and am in love with the game. I just wish they'd explain some things well, having to look at the manual is kinda annoying. I think I played the game for around 10 hours now and know most of the mechanics well.

R.D.Blax

Just passed the last hour trying to beat a monster 10 level higher than me and I finally managed to do it ! A good strategy can really change thing

Marow

I highly recommend turning off all of the HUD (except battle) and run arund in the world for a while. It's an enormous difference. The follow ball allows for this, too!

Chaos17

Ok kid.

This might help you to understand the battle : https://www.reddit.com/r/Xenoblade_...lade_chronicles_x_combat_guide_for_beginners/
If you've more questions and you don't find the answer in the OP, I've compiled some stuff I've found around the web (WIP) : https://fanofxenobladex.wordpress.com/category/faq/

vareon

My copy arrives tomorrow. I have this weekend to finish Tales of Zestiria and then I probably won't ever look back.

Two things I haven't figured out: how the hell do I unlock fast travel back to NLA? And what are the small orange icons that seem to be present in a lot of the city and exterior hexes on the map?

aravuus

Yeah fuckers, here to kick some alien ass

vSmU2Sz.jpg

And look fabulous while doing it

He was supposed to be a cool older guy with grey hair and all that sort of stuff, but this just kind of happened

Two things I haven't figured out: how the hell do I unlock fast travel back to NLA? And what are the small orange icons that seem to be present in a lot of the city and exterior hexes on the map?

small orange icon is the indiciator where you can fast travel to.. so touch the hexagon with that icon to see fast travel option on the gamepad screen

zeox

sooo.... I've just started playing and I got to the elevator I'm supposed to take to get into the city, yet there doesn't seem to be a way for me to get the elevator to move? am I missing somthing? I tried facing the panels the best I can, but no prompts appear :S

aravuus

sooo.... I've just started playing and I got to the elevator I'm supposed to take to get into the city, yet there doesn't seem to be a way for me to get the elevator to move? am I missing somthing? I tried facing the panels the best I can, but no prompts appear :S

Try saving and restarting your game

Zafir

I think the problem for me with the music is, some of it is pretty good, and some of it is pretty ergh.

It's not like say Persona 3/4 which is pretty consistent across the board.

It's high season at work and I'm on the longest route! :(

All I could think about is getting Rank 10 commando to move on to the first Sniper build. I'm currently rank 8.

It's going to be a long day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom