• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.

aravuus

Uhhhh, squad mission fails as soon as retries drop to 0 and anyone dies or something? Just now me and one other were dead, one was alive, one retry left, I respawned and the mission immediately failed.

That makes no fucking sense at all.

Kouriozan

I Monster Hunter now.

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01x8s47.jpg

Sadist

a. Apparently you can't, they are just rewards from missions and treasures. However when you cannot loose probes, so when you take one out/replace it you get it back.
b. I would say about ~30 minutes? Seems super long to me, no clue if there is a way to speed this up.
c. Armor shop is right next to where you leave the Blade barracks (or just check the streets around the big tower).
Thanks!

Btw, I'm pretty happy with the waypoints for quests. My "biggest" complaint with the original. Now the only thing that bugs me is locating the correct materials and items for quest...

tizaffy

Neo Member
i dont get how weapon / armour stats work? looking at some of the gear there seems to be no reasoning as to why i cant equip a piece of armour / weapons.

Is there a guide on this anywhere?

i dont get how weapon / armour stats work? looking at some of the gear there seems to be no reasoning as to why i cant equip a piece of armour / weapons.

If you try to equip a weapon you can't equip I think it tells you why doesn't it? Like wrong class, etc.

Freeman76

Reading this thread makes me want this game so bad. ALso the aesthetics and character design heavily remind me of PSO which gives me a warm cosy feeling

Cob32

If you press A on the red items to equip it, it should give you a reason as to why you can't equip it.

aravuus

150+ collectables collected in a specific area and still no auroran bone. Either the primagames guide is incorrect (or just not specific enough) or this item's drop rate is super low

By the way, I'm a Mediator and yet not gaining TP using arts despite saying otherwise, something is broken?
As weird as it sounds the support bonus isn't for you but for other players.

In other words if you want TP Support you'll need to find a mediator in the field* and to get their division support. Even then it probability based if the effect will occur. The manual also says:
This also happens when there is a squad member in the same region as you. The more squad members that are in the region, the higher the occurrence rate of division support will be.

*-"You can meet other avatars at BLADE barracks or base camps and scout them without using the console." So find BLADE barracks and hope there are mediators in the squad instance you're dropped in.

JerkShep

Very good first impression, the game is gorgeous. I'm not sure if it's a little to early to ask but....are there missables? I remember the first Xenoblade being really peculiar about that stuff, I think I managed to complete it fully but a guide was needed every step of the way (I finished it shortly after EU launch so the guides out there were only barely translated japanese ones)

Been awake since 2 pm yesterday, it's almost 9:30 pm now.

Currently at the mall with my mom for the second time in 13 hours with my very infrequent job of holding shopping bags.

Only started like at 11:00 and began actually playing around midnight after finalizing characters creation.

The setup is really great with that introductory cutscene.

The game is basically one long tutorial for its prologue, and first two chapters. After that is when it opens up and you have actual freedom.

The boundaries didn't stop me from talking to as many people as I could around BLADE.

Some quick notes:

-I really dig the voice acting. I prefer it to British voice acting.

-I also really like all the characters. Lin captures tween nerd girl well. Having two younger sisters as well as a lot of female cousins I enjoy her portrayal a lot. Elma is a serious strong character who everyone looks up to while being able to joke with everyone.

-The music is surprisingly good. Even the weird incidental music around NLA fits just fine. It's such a nice change of pace.

-I love all the incidental text I'm getting from walking around.

-The dash and jump combo is great. I appreciate that even if you don't have and space to run simply going into dash mode increases your standings jump.

I also got strong Xenosaga vibes from NLA. Does it remind anyone else of the Durandal? With all of the separate districts and terminals to access stuff. Also the people having text boxes as you walk past.

Kouriozan

As weird as it sounds the support bonus isn't for you but for other players.

In other words if you want TP Support you'll need to find a mediator in the field* and to get their division support. Even then it probability based if the effect will occur. The manual also says:

*-"You can meet other avatars at BLADE barracks or base camps and scout them without using the console." So find BLADE barracks and hope there are mediators in the squad instance you're dropped in.
I see, thanks.

LProtag

Anyone have advice for setting Soul Voices for a Blast Fencer/Galactic Knight?

I have no idea what I'm doing.

Or does it matter more who my party is?

Freeman76

How much of this game is PSO like? I have been looking for a PSO similar game for a while.

Only in looks I believe. I have looked for a game similar to PSO ever since, nothing has ever really managed to capture the same feeling I got from rare hunting on that game. It's such a shame SEGA cant release PSO2 in the west, I was hoping this would be a close relative once they released information about it being online 4 player, but it seems the co-op is nothing like PSO after all.

-shadow-

I'm sure it's been asked a million times, but is it worth it to use the gamepad as opposed to the pro controller?
As far as I can tell I have no access to o the map with the map without the Gamepad. Mines empty and I can't find any option for it either.

Another question, I'm doing the probe mission in Chapter 3. I'm currently at one if the three locations but can't seem to do anything. How do I install another probe? Or do I have to use the Gamepad?

El Odio

Banned
My CE guide is supposedly arriving today so I can't wait to get home and go over tht. This tiny ass text is making it too hard to understand how l I'm e half if this stuff works.

desu

Is there no 5.1 sound in this? Can't hear anything from back two speakers.

2.0 only apparently.

Any purchasers of the start guide, is it a good guide?

I bought it and reading through it now, at work. It has detailed description of practically everything in the game as far as I can see. It contains walk-troughs for every chapter of the story and for the affinity missions, description for the basic missions and so on. I haven't started yet the game, so I don't want to read yet through those, but I picked randomly one affinity mission to check and it seems to have a detailed description where you need to go and find things, whom to fight and so on.

Venfayth

Is there any way to stop the camera speed from sucking ass when it's zoomed in, like when I'm in the BLADE barracks? I have all the other camera options turned all the way up, but when it zooms in it's still super slow.

Neku054

Neo Member
So I'm about at 6 hours played and I was expecting the game to have a ton of systems/mechanics but wow is it overwhelming how they just dump it all on you. Honestly don't even know what I should be doing right now (just finished chapter 3 or 4) but a lot of the time was spent exploring.

After work I'll probably continue to explore and do sidequests and try to get some understanding of all the systems

Dice//

Banned
Is there any way to stop the camera speed from sucking ass when it's zoomed in, like when I'm in the BLADE barracks? I have all the other camera options turned all the way up, but when it zooms in it's still super slow.

Yeah if I have any quick negative right out the gate it's the slow ass camera.

Soul Lab

Yo guys. Short question:
What is gravity resistance? I figured out that heavy armor has less gravity resistance.
I play dual sword with backstabbing skills. So I wonder if I have to wear light close. Any suggestions?

Skulldead

I'm at 1 click to buy a wii-u console for this game, i just want to know 2 things before:

- Does this game still use the Accuracy bullshit with level difference with a enemies like in Xenoblade Chronicle ?
- Does the game is harder then Xenoblade Chronicle in general ? because XC was way too easy until like 3/4 in the game.

PS: this is a repost ! I want to repost this because i'll would like o have a answer hehe. Thank in advance !!

ryushe

I'll be one of the few to say this, but I fucking love this games soundtrack... It's not Xenoblade Chronicles good, but it's awesome in its own right. But then again, I'm a huge fan of Attack on Titan, Aldnoah.Zero, Kill La Kill, etc. because of their soundtracks.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
I bought a Wii U for this FEB 2014, and just got back from the store and got it. Congratulate me. CONGRATULATE ME!

Congrats ! I got mine in July 14 for this game...

Tropical Freeze is a better system seller. This game is good, but I think I over hyped it alot. Very different from Xenoblade Chronciles...

aravuus

The game was built with the gamepad in mind.

Not really, the map would work perfectly well without the gamepad.

That said, to actually answer his question, you're gonna need a gamepad to access the map so at least keep the pad close to you when you're playing. You can play with the pro controller and use the pad just for map stuff, if you want to.

e: one more item to fill out the first collectopedia section. Fucking RNG.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom