• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaos17

Wow, everyone should read through the digital manual. So much good info in there.

That's what I've been repreating for some pages now.
Before ranting : check the manual and the OP faq.

WVW69ioP0VswMVtJqv

Miiverse has always some good shot *_*

Forkball

Gonna start the game in about an hour.

Any tips for someone whose last Xeno game was Xenosaga Episode I? HOW DO I RECRUIT KOS-MOS?

desu

Wait, this game has a building stuff up part just like Xenoblade had as well?

Did some quests and suddenly I got this at the lake, awesome!

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01cwk7a.jpg

Also, some of the outfits ...

wiiu_screenshot_tv_015as9p.jpg

LProtag

Played for 8 1/2 hours last night.

I should probably finally start setting the soul voices I want... but it's daunting.

I'm loving the game so far. Awesome battle system, huge depth in terms of the world and how every gameplay element works, great graphics and pretty good music. At least better than what Sawano now puts out there (the music was written before the Attack on Titan OST).

BUT.... there is one huge issue with the presentation. This game - I shit you not - is missing 5.1 surround sound COMPLETELY. It's in 2.0. First I thought it's like Nintendo always does it: Music's in stereo (which sucks, btw) and sound effects are in 5.1. But no, this thing is in stereo. Probably due to disc size constraints, but this still really, really sucks for me personally. And yeah, I'm the audio-nerd who is that one guy who has to answer for all the "Who the fuck cares about surround? I don't have it!" replies he gets on Twitter. Damn it. :p
No 5.1 is a real disappointment for me too. Cutting a feature most people wont notice is just another Nintendo-like solution.

Zips

Really sad that the music is pretty bad. The music of the first xenoblade is part of what made it catch my attention when I first heard of it.

Hopefully I can live with it. At least with ugly characters you can stick a helmet on them or something. I don't know what they were thinking to change the music style so much from the last game.

zakujanai

Yeah, good thing Xenoblade's fight system is still fresh in my mind because for everything else i don't really know if i'm doing things right.
Don't forget to read the manual (home button in game) it's long but useful.

Thanks. Had a look through and it helped somewhat. Quite a lot to read, would be nice to have it pop up at relevant times like in the Witcher 3.

This might help you to understand the battle : https://www.reddit.com/r/Xenoblade_...lade_chronicles_x_combat_guide_for_beginners/
If you've more questions and you don't find the answer in the OP, I've compiled some stuff I've found around the web (WIP) : https://fanofxenobladex.wordpress.com/category/faq/

Thanks, this was helpful to get me settled enough to stay exploring and get more comfortable. Have an upvote.

One thing still bothering me though is the divisions thing, does it matter? I know it can be changed but will it be harder to level in other divisions later? I went with prospector for some reason, was that a poor choice?

I'm a Pathfinder! I'm trying to understand how to do certain things, I just hope that that 55% number on the tower isn't a timer lol.

MouldyK

How do they expect us to do the Global Nemesis Thing in 2 days?!

I don't even know where to get BLADE Medals.

Hopefully we can get whatever rewards there are later.

aravuus

Damn, the USB-LAN adapter I got supports literally everything else BUT Wii U, apparently. Fuck this console, not shelling out 40 euros for Nintendo's own adapter.

Guess I'll try and move it a bit closer to the router, if that'd help-.

wrowa

Is there any possible way to abandon affinity quests? Just read a post by someone who apparently encountered a bug in an affinity quest (he has to hand over some items, he collected as many as the game required, but the NPC he has to talk to won't accept them), which prevents him from finishing the quest. However, since there doesn't seem to be an obvious way to exit affinity quests, his game seems to be thoroughly fucked now.

That sounds pretty scary.

Venfayth

Damn, the USB-LAN adapter I got supports literally everything else BUT Wii U, apparently. Fuck this console, not shelling out 40 euros for Nintendo's own adapter.

Guess I'll try and move it a bit closer to the router, if that'd help-.

Didn't help mine. Mine's literally 5 feet away form the router with nothing in the way. I got a UtechSmart usb ethernet adapter from amazon for $12 that worked fine though.

Palculator

Unconfirmed Member
Near Seaswept Ridge, from the very bottom right of the map go up one hexagonal marker and then to the left diagonally (up). After teleporting there go forward a bit and there's a base to the left, there's a couple of them around there. Btw, when I was in a squad mission that included them they were not dropping anything, after the mission was over they immediately dropped what I was after.
The Puges there are like level 45. Any other spots?

I watched a bit on Twitch, looks great and i really digged the music too. Well..the music that played while exploring the lands and during a boss battle with that alien chick. But then the player went into the city for some shopping and everything and the music completely turned out and was far from sounding as nice. It's a mixed bag of meh to great then, music wise? I bet you'll be spending most time exploring, so if the 'bad' music never appears there...good/

wrowa

I must say I really kinda like the music, more than I expected at least. It's just a bit too loud in some cutscenes.

The lack of audio options is simply infuriating. I don't understand for the life of me why such a basic feature is missing here. Or why it wasn't possible to patch such a feature in, the Japanese version is 9 months old, after all.

I watched a bit on Twitch, looks great and i really digged the music too. Well..the music that played while exploring the lands and during a boss battle with that alien chick. But then the player went into the city for some shopping and everything and the music completely turned out and was far from sounding as nice. It's a mixed bag of meh to great then, music wise? I bet you'll be spending most time exploring, so if the 'bad' music never appears there...good/

I'm fine with most of the music, but the NLA themes... They are so damn bad.

aravuus

Didn't help mine. Mine's literally 5 feet away form the router with nothing in the way. I got a UtechSmart usb ethernet adapter from amazon for $12 that worked fine though.

Huh, guess I won't even bother, then.

I could order a cheap adapter like you did, but I'm a bit afraid it'd be almost worthless when it finally arrived. XBX is really the only game I want to play online and Amazon orders take at least a week to arrive.

Zafir

There's parts of the NLA themes that are alright, mainly when they've actually built up to the song, but unfortunately they go through a whole lot of not very good build up.

Is there any possible way to abandon affinity quests? Just read a post by someone who apparently encountered a bug in an affinity quest (he has to hand over some items, he collected as many as the game required, but the NPC he has to talk to won't accept them), which prevents him from finishing the quest. However, since there doesn't seem to be an obvious way to exit affinity quests, his game seems to be thoroughly fucked now.

That sounds pretty scary.

No you're committed to finishing an affinity quest when you accept one, game doesn't auto save so I guess save before trying one on the off chance it bugs or you have bad luck finding an item needed to finish it.

PetrCobra

No you're committed to finishing an affinity quest when you accept one, game doesn't auto save so I guess save before trying one on the off chance it bugs or you have bad luck finding an item needed to finish it.

Oh man, I have now saved in the middle of an affinity quest, bad idea I guess. Hope it doesn't bug out on me.

Xando

So i bought a Wii U for this and bought Xenoblade in the eshop.
The game has been installing for the last 2h and is supposed to last another 2h.
Is this normal or is there some kind of problem?

Sadist

Yeah, I need to check the digital manual; still it's times like these I really miss the physical manual.

Btw, questions

- Where do you get more probes?
- How much time does it take for miranium to be earned? I changed a few probes to mining so I assume I'll automaticly get new resouces added to my inventory.
- Where do I buy new weapons and armour?

Sometimes I feel so lost in this game :p

desu

Yeah, I need to check the digital manual; still it's times like these I really miss the fysical manual.

Btw, questions

- Where do you get more probes?
- How much time does it take for miranium to be earned? I changed a few probes to mining so I assume I'll automaticly get new resouces added to my inventory.

a. Apparently you can't, they are just rewards from missions and treasures. However when you cannot loose probes, so when you take one out/replace it you get it back.
b. I would say about ~30 minutes? Seems super long to me, no clue if there is a way to speed this up.
c. Armor shop is right next to where you leave the Blade barracks (or just check the streets around the big tower).

Juster

Neo Member
Took 4 plus hours just for data packs ad install. Why does the Wii wifi blow. Anyways creating my character and ready to do this. Read the online manual great info!

TheMoon

FINALLY got my copy!

First screenshot is of a settings menu, for all those people asking to turn off achievement notifications:

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01nqswi.jpg

Btw, questions

BLADE center. Around there somewhere are terminals.

My biggest complaint so far is having to exit to title to reestablish internet connection. Just a ridiculous and anything process for something that should be automatic. Love the music.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom