• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.
So now that I have the squad tasks indicator in the bottom right hand corner, I can hold R and click L to see what they are but.......is there any hint where in the world I should even begin looking for these creatures?

aravuus

what area is that in, I think I need those for a quest

- Northern Primordia (cross the natural bridge (Arendt bridge or something), it's the area outside the cavern entrance), if you're getting stuff like Noranlily, Grinding Squirrel, Logunie’s Driftwood etc you're in the right place. Has big lvl20+ bird enemies.

- Some (any?) cavern areas. The one next to the area I mentioned above works, at least.

So now that I have the squad tasks indicator in the bottom right hand corner, I can hold R and click L to see what they are but.......is there any hint where in the world I should even begin looking for these creatures?

Nope. lol.

CoolS

Just to reaffirm, I Lose my arts whene I change class right?

Because I watched the character from a friend on my friendlist, and while he changed classes as well, he still had arts from the novice class. I'm confused.

brinstar

- Northern Primordia (cross the natural bridge (Arendt bridge or something), it's the area outside the cavern entrance), if you're getting stuff like Noranlily, Grinding Squirrel, Logunie’s Driftwood etc you're in the right place. Has big lvl20+ bird enemies.

- Some (any?) cavern areas. The one next to the area I mentioned above works, at least.

cool, thanks. I'll take a trip up there next time I play

aravuus

I've gotten THREE of the rarest collectible of this area and not a single one of the second rarest? Lmao this was like exactly the opposite when I was going for the rarest of the earlier area

The RNG truly hates me

Had to switch to Curators so I'll get the most out of this grind

I have no idea how anyone was ever supposed to complete the collectible missions in this game without the guide.

Yeah, it's a lifesaver for that stuff

So there is a Global Nemesis event going on right now, I can't join cause I don't have enough blade medals. How do I get those?

I'm only level ten and I might be trying to do stuff to early..

Man, this game is addicting as fuck. Is there any way to cancel targeting an enemy before engaging them though? Sometimes I press R to check an enemy out but I can't go out of targeting mode unless I run far away from it.
Also, where can you equip fashion gear, or is that unlocked later on?

Because I watched the character from a friend on my friendlist, and while he changed classes as well, he still had arts from the novice class. I'm confused.

If I understand it correctly, arts are tied to specific weapon types and if you master a class (Lvl. 10) you can switch classes and retain the arts of a particular weapon type as long as your new class also uses the same weapon. For example, you will keep your Assault Rifle arts from the Drifter class, if a) you're class level is 10 and you b) switch to the following class that uses assault rifles and swords (don't remember the name). You won't be able to use your knife arts anymore though.

desu

Man, this game is addicting as fuck. Is there any way to cancel targeting an enemy before engaging them though? Sometimes I press R to check an enemy out but I can't go out of targeting mode unless I run far away from it.

Just press B :D?

You keep arts and skills. I'm on my third class, still using an art from the first class. Endgame should be fun.

Better explanation above.

Renewed

Press B to cancel targeting. When in ground gear and at someone's loadout, press X to bring up the sub menu and you'll see fashion gear.

ANyone know where to find anhydrous radiators in Primordia? The game doesn't seem to give you any clue as to where you can find these things (other than it being in Primordia which is really really big).

I thought I created my character quite well, but she still looks like a robot during cutscenes.

One Question, If I die during a fight and respawn to the last checkpoint, do I lose the progress I've made??

Very good first impression, the game is gorgeous. I'm not sure if it's a little to early to ask but....are there missables? I remember the first Xenoblade being really peculiar about that stuff, I think I managed to complete it fully but a guide was needed every step of the way (I finished it shortly after EU launch so the guides out there were only barely translated japanese ones)

I don't have my copy yet, but I read that X doesn't have any missable quests. There are still branching quest lines where making a choice unlocks one quest line and locks you out of another.

Anteo

So, you can equip your best gear, and put some cool loking gear on top of it to get the best of both worlds? Amazing

aravuus

ANyone know where to find anhydrous radiators in Primordia? The game doesn't seem to give you any clue as to where you can find these things (other than it being in Primordia which is really really big).

202dca16a6.jpg

Should be a semi-common drop around the circled area

Squishy3

I'm guessing is on top of the rock formation above that area. I still dont know how to get that high.. there must be a way around the north but no idea
I'd think if it was there we'd see the beam of light, at least. To get on top of there you'd need a Skell with the flight module, pretty sure.

aravuus

Got
32 BP and Booster probe G2
for finishing the Primordia collectopedia.

It's okay. Kinda bummed out the row rewards are just BP and some stupid Holo shit and not actually useful items like they were in XB.

Anteo

I'd think if it was there we'd see the beam of light, at least. To get on top of there you'd need a Skell with the flight module, pretty sure.

There was another area were the beam was inside a cave, not visible from above. So the other options is a cave around there. Or a cave on top of the rock formation.

According to the manual "Target enemies are marked with S to make them
easier to track down during squad tasks
" I assume just in the field when you run into one.

So there is a Global Nemesis event going on right now, I can't join cause I don't have enough blade medals. How do I get those?

I'm only level ten and I might be trying to do stuff to early..
Doing Squad tasks will randomly give reward tickets or BLADE medals. Since most squad tasks have a range of difficulty you should be able to do easier ones if you appear (collectibles, enemies from a category).

Sölf

I think I just explored NLA and Primordia the last 2-3 hours, did several quests, gathered stuff, bought new equipment and somehow still feel like I managed to do nothing. This game, man. xD

How exactly do I use the Augment items? I have various items with empty slots and also various augment items. How can I put them in there? Also, is there a way to save wardrobe items or do I just have to run around with them the whole time? The inventory is big, but just sayin'... xD

Also, my main point of confusion so far. Maybe someone has some insight. Gear. It all seems pretty terrible. Even the crap I'm too low of a level for. The stats are not impressive at all. I can see there's some effect crafting to be done, but is that all? Or is there actually good gear at some point?

desu

Sölf;188013330 said:
How exactly do I use the Augment items? I have various items with empty slots and also various augment items. How can I put them in there?

Don't know if its locked until some point in the game, but go your equipment screen and press X > Set Arguments

Shaldome

Finally catched up on the thread. I am about 10 hours in and I am liking it thus far. The only trouble I am having is evading some of the high level mobs wandering around. Caused me some deaths so far. One thing I am wandering is, how do you load a save? Do you go back to the main menu for that?

Just finished chapter 3 before heading to bed yesterday and will try to tackle this levvel 8 tyrant for a quest with a full party and see if I can kill him now.

I am copying my game files from my HD to the internal memory in order to help with the load times and pop ins. After that it's back into the game. "One, two, three, four!"

desu

Also found some japanese Dengeki Scans of the continents, could be handy for some people when exploring:

Nevermind, not sure of those are allowed ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom