• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.

komorebi

I am copying my game files from my HD to the internal memory in order to help with the load times and pop ins. After that it's back into the game. "One, two, three, four!"

I did this last night and its a bit better, I think. My HDD is a 5400 though so that's probably why.

MilkBeard

Wow...I've already sunk over 10 hours into this game. Yep, it's legit. Definitely clicks with me more than the original Xenoblade Chronicles, even despite the flaws.

Gameplay is just addictive.

So, for scientific purposes, would anyone be willing to make a short video(or point me to one that already exists) of the list of items you can redeem reward tickets for, at the online console in the barracks? The descriptions are all the same, so you can just press right several times to scroll through them faster. And maybe one for skills for all of the classes too, you can see all of them available for each class if you hit X in the class change menu.

Names of collectibles and quests would be greatly appreciated as well, but only if you've got a decent chunk of them completed. You can display cleared quests in the quest menu by changing the filter with the Y button to show All.
In case anyone missed it last night. I've got most of the "where's that?" things in the game listed in my googlesheet, just not with the English names :<

I've been taking down tyrants that were 2 levels higher then my party on my first try, but I had trouble with a normal giant ape that I had to beat for an affinity quest that was just 1 level higher then me :p. Finally beat him on like the 5th time by adjusting my tactics a bit.

Chooses to geek out at Skells. Lin prepares to show me her Skell fanfiction. I have made a huge mistake. I find it hilarious that my character has a stern look on his face the entire conversation.

But Lin likes tea so she is alright in my book.

I'm enjoying myself so far. Can't wait to pick a division and get back to exploring.

bodine1231

Is there any way to cycle between targets after hitting R? There were two monsters right next to each other and for some reason it kept targeting the higher level one and I couldn't figure out how to move it,pressed everything.

Kadin

Is there any way to cycle between targets after hitting R? There were two monsters right next to each other and for some reason it kept targeting the higher level one and I couldn't figure out how to move it,pressed everything.
Yeah use R+Y/A to switch left and right respectively.

Xenoboy

Can Lin go beyond being a shield trooper?
Like, there's another class after that and I imagine that only the MC can change classes.
Any answer?

8 hours in and...and I like it even more then the first Xenoblade. Yeah, maybe the crew isn't as chatty as Shulk and company but the world...this damn world. It amazes me every time I take I step into it.
The fights feel good from the first second on and I just love to explore the world, get new gear, finish a few enemies and progress slowly with the main story. Yep, this game is totally my jam.

Evilkazz

Banned
You can still dash around during battle to get your positioning right!

I'm 5 hours in and I just thought to try that. Being commando class, dashing around to that back of an enemy, and using backslash feels so good.

How do you install the data packs? I've already downloaded them all. Are they installed automatically or do I have to now go and manually install them as well?

MattyG

Banned
I wasn't going to get this until I played the original XBC but GODDAMMIT I need it now. The sense of scale from the videos I've seen is amazing. Going out to buy it right now.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
What field skill should I invest in? My mechanical skill level is 3 and I think it's required to install probes. Should I just continue increasing that?

It's weird that you can walk on VERY steep slopes:

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01bkys2.jpg

It makes exploration fun though, I'm not going to complain :p Reminds me of Valak Mountain in Xenoblade Chronicles (Wii).

aravuus

how are people uploading images from the Wii U?

Imgur -> upload -> browse computer -> choose the screen you want to upload

No idea how it works with other sites

Also, my main point of confusion so far. Maybe someone has some insight. Gear. It all seems pretty terrible. Even the crap I'm too low of a level for. The stats are not impressive at all. I can see there's some effect crafting to be done, but is that all? Or is there actually good gear at some point?

I'm not far in (haven't even started chapter 4) but yeah, it's a bit weird. I very rarely seem to come across gear that's actually a proper upgrade from what I've got. It's always a few points more to some stat, a couple of points less to some other stat.

Not a massive fan.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I want this but I don't have like any space left on my Wii U for all the extra stuff I'll need to make the game run smoothly. Like I'll need to clear house...

One question, does this game have a Bestiary? Xenoblade not having one was literally the biggest flaw for me since the monster's were so lively and seemed to have their own ecosystem, the fact there was no way to really keep track of all of them was annoying and bothered the "PokeDex" fan in me. Every RPG needs a Bestiary imo.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Imgur -> upload -> browse computer -> choose the screen you want to upload

No idea how it works with other sites

Imgur uploading is AWESOME. You need to make an account of course so you can save them and use the links when you get on a computer.

Exile20

I nearly spit out my juice when I first saw the opening area with the flying things.

Then my eyes opened wide when i saw that HUGE monster with th elong neck.

This is "Jurassic Planet: Mira"

Squishy3

There was another area were the beam was inside a cave, not visible from above. So the other options is a cave around there. Or a cave on top of the rock formation.
I braved the cave filled with level 40 grexes below it that attacked on sight and it wasn't in there, so yeah. :p

WiiU_screenshot_TV_01C4D.jpg

What does these green exclamations marks mean above these indigens? Ive looked online and in the manual. I cant seem to find an answer. Anyone know?

komorebi

Yeah, press X or A to cycle between them.

Squishy3

But yeah, holy shit this game is so good. Just finished chapter 4 and unlocked the AM that makes stuff to replicate xenoforms. So good.

Peterthumpa

I want this but I don't have like any space left on my Wii U for all the extra stuff I'll need to make the game run smoothly. Like I'll need to clear house...

One question, does this game have a Bestiary? Xenoblade not having one was literally the biggest flaw for me since the monster's were so lively and seemed to have their own ecosystem, the fact there was no way to really keep track of all of them was annoying and bothered the "PokeDex" fan in me. Every RPG needs a Bestiary imo.
Interested about this as well.

LAA

WiiU_screenshot_TV_01C4D.jpg

What does these green exclamations marks mean above these indigens? Ive looked online and in the manual. I cant seem to find an answer. Anyone know?

I've seen this and looking in my mission log, it may be to kill them using a Titanium Knife II, which I don't think I have. Only a worn one.

I'm stuck on finding this "Calfornia Sunset" ridiculous theres no marker or even rough area to search.

Yes. You can view their 3D models.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom