• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agh, you apparently can't upgrade field skills past
until some story gate? Laaaame. No quitting out of the choice either. Would have just rushed story and saved points if I had known. Blade levels are the worst.

I'm not far in (haven't even started chapter 4) but yeah, it's a bit weird. I very rarely seem to come across gear that's actually a proper upgrade from what I've got. It's always a few points more to some stat, a couple of points less to some other stat.

Not a massive fan.
I'm just starting chapter 5 and have upgraded the shops I have to rank 4, but it is pretty much the same.

komorebi

WiiU_screenshot_TV_01C4D.jpg

What does these green exclamations marks mean above these indigens? Ive looked online and in the manual. I cant seem to find an answer. Anyone know?

Quest monsters. I remember those; I had to run back and buy a Titanium Knife II because I was using a Worn Titanium Knife II and it didn't count.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Yes. You can view their 3D models.

Does it give any other information like drops? Xenoblade not having that made fetch-quests so more obnoxious because all the monsters had super obscure names that it was hard to remember who was who and dropped what.

I want this but I don't have like any space left on my Wii U for all the extra stuff I'll need to make the game run smoothly. Like I'll need to clear house...

One question, does this game have a Bestiary? Xenoblade not having one was literally the biggest flaw for me since the monster's were so lively and seemed to have their own ecosystem, the fact there was no way to really keep track of all of them was annoying and bothered the "PokeDex" fan in me. Every RPG needs a Bestiary imo.

Yes it does have a Bestiary.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
There are a bunch of little things that suck about it, but overall it's really good so far. I wish the main character had some sort of personality because it feels really silly to have an utterly mute protagonist when everybody else won't shut up. I wish you could fast forward through dialogue rather than having to either skip it all or sit and wait for the VAs to finish their lines.

And, of course, the NLA song is an actual, literal crime against humanity. Everybody involved with it should be fired, rehired and invited to the Christmas party, then fired on their way to said party so that their secret santa gift just goes to waste.

Does it give any other information like drops? Xenoblade not having that made fetch-quests so more obnoxious because all the monsters had super obscure names that it was hard to remember who was who and dropped what.

Gives you level, experience, location, time available, weather available, salvageable materials. And number slain and defeated by.

Kadin

And, of course, the NLA song is an actual, literal crime against humanity. Everybody involved with it should be fired, rehired and invited to the Christmas party, then fired on their way to said party so that their secret santa gift just goes to waste.
haha, I'm sensing you're not a fan. I run around in NLA and feel like I'm playing a Persona game. It's not terrible yet but I can see it getting there after 40+ hours.

Sölf

So I found a Tyrant flying above water. Any way to bait him? I can't attack him since I have to swim. And since he is only level 10 I doubt I would need a Skell for that. There are some huge ass natural pillars around him, but there are level ~28 mobs oin them (and no idea how to get on them without a Skell). I would have to search for him again, it was somehwere in northwest Primordia.

Thorakai

I've been kinda in the dark about this game's world. Is the game world a "what you see is what you get" type of deal where all the explorable areas are visible to a player, or is there a bunch of underground passages and buildings you can explore as well?

Watch Da Birdie

Well I cleared enough space for the game---I just hope the new Smash 4 DLC isn't too big so I can still score that.

I've been kinda in the dark about this game's world. Is the game world a "what you see is what you get" type of deal where all the explorable areas are visible to a player, or is there a bunch of underground passages and buildings you can explore as well?

If it's like Xenoblade, it's the former. I don't recall that game having any houses you could actually enter.

AdanVC

I've been watching all the screenshots you guys are sharing and it's absolutely amazing how beautiful the scenery is in this game. One thing I've been noticing is that I feel that the human characters that appear on the screenshots doesn't match and doesn't make justice to the beautiful scenery this game offers. They look very stiff like if they were bad quality little action figures in the middle of a giant landscape and they simply ruin the perfect screenshot IMO. Wish there was a "photomode" feature where you can pause the universe and move the camera freely just to take pictures of the scenery without having the awful human characters photobombing there...

Sölf

There are some (so far: 1) houses to explore. However, I already found one cave. With level 30+ mobs in it I didn't explore it though. Also, no loading screen.

Gattsu25

Banned
Warning for those who haven't accepted it yet.

DO NOT accept an affinity quest called "A New Rival?" unless you enjoy capping your max party size to 3 until you can generate fucking 3,000 credits PER cycle from your probes.

Fuck this quest. Fuck the inability to abandon it. Fuck everything about this.

So fucking frustrating.

Googling around has shown me that a bunch of other people are stuck in the exact same situation I am in. Responses range from "maybe you can sell items?" to "I dunno, have you tried using probes" which is cute.

Zafir

Ttutorial isnt very helpful is it lol. I just finished Chapter 3 and it came up saying about changing your class.

Yeah, I'm already onto levelling my third class at this point, but thanks game. :|

It's a good job I went through all the menu's near the start to get an idea about everything.

Chaos17

DO NOT accept an affinity quest called "A New Rival?" unless you enjoy capping your max party size to 3 until you can generate fucking 3,000 credits PER cycle from your probes.

So fucking frustrating.

Googling around has shown me that a bunch of other people are stuck in the exact same situation I am in. Responses range from "maybe you can sell items?" to "I dunno, have you tried using probes" which is cute.

I didn't have any problem with that quest since I installed enough probes by exploring the map and also it was written in red that you won't be able to abondon it.
Like I said before : READ PEOPLE, READ!

Just go install more probes while waiting, normal probes will give you the money.

WVW69ioeFcsIouTsIP

Anteo

I braved the cave filled with level 40 grexes below it that attacked on sight and it wasn't in there, so yeah. :p

Yeah I just did the same. I also explored the north area and managed to get pretty high, but not high enough to walk to the rock formation. It was super close, just needed one more rock to stand on and I was there. I also found another area that need Skells to reach, its a platform on the ocean.

So fucking frustrating.

I didnt even realize you could use more than 3 until this quest. lol.
But yeah, to finish this quest you need to get almost all data points from primordia, or get some extra from the next area.

rhandino

Banned
I've been watching all the screenshots you guys are sharing and it's absolutely amazing how beautiful the scenery is in this game. One thing I've been noticing is that I feel that the human characters that appear on the screenshots doesn't match and doesn't make justice to the beautiful scenery this game offers. They look very stiff like if they were bad quality little action figures in the middle of a giant landscape and they simply ruin the perfect screenshot IMO. Wish there was a "photomode" feature where you can pause the universe and move the camera freely just to take pictures of the scenery without having the awful human characters photobombing there...
You can enter 1st poerson mode or maybe using the Hooper Camera?

I'm killing random Tyrants, I hope it's not like Xenoblade where you had to wait to pick up the mission or else you risked to lose the monster!

Gattsu25

Banned
I didn't have any problem with that quest since I installed enough probes by exploring the map and also it was written in red that you won't be able to abondon it.
Good thing the requirements for that Affinity Quest stated that you would need 3,000c/cycle from your probes before you accepted it. oh wait, no it didn't.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.

So fucking frustrating.

I did another affinity quest that required me to grind the only two creatures that spawned on the map for two items they dropped.

I had to fast travel and run to them about 30 times before I got the two items.

I was totally locked from progression until I did it.

I say avoid all affinity quests at all costs. They are a nightmare.

cheststrongwell

my cake, fuck off

That song makes me want to punch a puppy in the face.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
As a general rule, always save before accepting an affinity quest

I'm at 1 click to buy a wii-u console for this game, i just want to know 2 things before:

- Does this game still use the Accuracy bullshit with level difference with a enemies like in Xenoblade Chronicle ?
- Does the game is harder then Xenoblade Chronicle in general ? because XC was way too easy until like 3/4 in the game.

PS: this is a repost ! I want to repost this because i'll would like o have a answer hehe. Thank in advance !!

No Accuracy thing , as far as I know.

We have in this thread people dying in the first chapter of the game (me included), so it looks to be more difficult than XC. I'm still early in the story, so I can't speak for the whole game.

Watch Da Birdie

So with this game downloaded my Wii U is efficiently the "Xenoblade X" machine. Barely any room for update data, DLC, etc. It kind of bugs me---really wish I didn't go digital with all my other titles.

aravuus

Just go install more probes while waiting, normal probes will give you the money.

I had no problems with the quest since I had spent like 14 hours going around Primordia, doing quests that gave me probes, installing them etc, but the quest is bullshit. It doesn't tell you that you'll be needing a probe network that produces 3000 fund per cycle, which is quite a lot at the start, so at worst players could be locked to do that quest for hours. It absolutely is terribly designed.

Really not being able to abandon affinity quests at all is fucking stupid.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
So with this game downloaded my Wii U is efficiently the "Xenoblade X" machine. Barely any room for update data, DLC, etc. It kind of bugs me---really wish I didn't go digital with all my other titles.

Just buy an external drive. If you are strapped for cash you can get a 250gb one for half the price of a new game.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I might have missed something when booting the game up, my save data is in there, it's the same time I saved last, but it took me to the create a character screen.

I'm booting this on my gamepad, but now it's going to my save. It worried me for a minute.

Vengal

Does anyone know how to go online again ingame? Because earlier today the connection was lost for some reason and I spent the rest of the time in offline mode.

Anyone figure this out? I fall offline after an hour of playing and have not figured out how to get back online.

Watch Da Birdie

Just buy an external drive. If you are strapped for cash you can get a 250gb one for the price of a new game.

Yeah, I'm looking into that now but it sort of confuses me---I'm really computer illiterate when it comes to that and don't know what I need exactly. It's not just a USB card or anything, you gotta buy a drive you plug into the wall?

I'm really on the fence about picking up this game. On one hand, I loved Xenoblade, especially the story and the scale. I really want more of that in XCX, but it seems that it has more of a single player MMO. MMO style questing and what not is not my thing at all.

Can anyone give meaningful feedback on this?

So fucking frustrating.

It's fairly easy. Get some probes out there and change the basic probes that you install for some probes that are revenue focused. Shouldn't take you too long, I had a few probes out there, changed like three of them (which gives you bonus if they are connected) and that's it. Wait like 15min or whatever it is for the next revenue to kick in and you're done.

Yeah, I'm looking into that now but it sort of confuses me---I'm really computer illiterate when it comes to that and don't know what I need exactly. It's not just a USB card or anything, you gotta buy a drive you plug into the wall?

You buy one that has its own adapter that plugs into the wall or you can get a portable hard drive in which you need a Y cable.

Nintendo recommends only the former with its own power source.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.

You can buy either a powered one or a non- powered one with a y-cable. The Y cable is really cheap, only like $5.

Hah sorry that is probably even more confusing for you. I personally bought a 1 terabyte drive, so Im not sure what the best deal on a 250 would be.

Can someone give this guy a link to everything he needs?

You don't need to buy a USB card or anything. Just plug the drive into a USB port on the console.

aravuus

Anyone figure this out? I fall offline after an hour of playing and have not figured out how to get back online.

Gotta go back to title menu and reload save.

Stupid, I know.

I'm really on the fence about picking up this game. On one hand, I loved Xenoblade, especially the story and the scale. I really want more of that in XCX, but it seems that it has more of a single player MMO. MMO style questing and what not is not my thing at all.

Can anyone give meaningful feedback on this?

Well, most of the 20-ish hours I've been playing have really felt like I've been playing a single player MMO. I've been doing mostly optional content, though, so if you're planning on doing mainly main missions and affinity missions, it'll probably feel a bit more like a traditional JRPG. Hard to say.

But yeah, so far totally like an MMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom