• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where can I buy the new armor I develop? I invested in the two starting companies and it said I unlocked some new series but the selection at the shop is the same as it was before.

TheJoRu

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01bvqv2.jpg

Hello from Noctulum. Love the freedom to just go anywhere and climb anything you see.

Has anyone found a mission, locaiton or way to get a regular looking eyepatch? All I've found is the gauze eye patch. I'm only level 10 so still fairly low level, just curious if there was a way.
There are four or five questboard quests that reward a more eyepatchy eyepatch, but the objectives are in Sylvalum/Cauldros, or require BLADE levels of ~6+. Not sure if any treasure boxes in early areas have one.
Man, so I should have
killed the piglets instead?

I haven't saved yet so I can still go back.
If you really want to. It doesn't really affect anything.
There is a whole (optional) quest that works as a tutorial on data probes, it even gives you some extra probes and teaches you about the different kind of probes and linking many probes for increased production.

Edit: You need to instal a data probe, there is a tutorial for this in the early game. After that you can click on the hexagon of a data probe to get some info about it, and change which kind of probe is used. Depending on the probe used you will get different amount of resources every cicle.
Both Kirsty's probe tutorial and Eleonora's BLADE level tutorial are required for chapter 4, so they're definitely not optional. Of course, people are still managing to ignore them.

aravuus

Asscaves? Okay, that got a chuckle out of me. Wouldn't mind it if this guy replaced that unfunny little fuck, Tatsu, in cut scenes, at least his jokes are sort of funny for most of the time.

You win Nintendo. You got me to buy a $300 system to play one game. Unfortunately I have 8 hours worth of downloading for the data packs remaining. Should I wait or do they make that much of a difference?

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
You win Nintendo. You got me to buy a $300 system to play one game. Unfortunately I have 8 hours worth of downloading for the data packs remaining. Should I wait or do they make that much of a difference?

Just play the game and download them while you sleep/at work.

Anybody knows where you can find Lin when she's not on the team and not in the kitchen of the HQ?
If an ally isn't where they're supposed to be outside of your party, they're waiting at the spot for their next hearttoheart. Lin's first one is in the warehouse in the industrial district at night.

Golnei

Wouldn't mind it if this guy replaced that unfunny little fuck, Tatsu, in cut scenes, at least his jokes are sort of funny for most of the time.

Tatsu is awful - I might not have liked Riki's voice or portrayal that much in the first game, but compared to the unending horror of American Nopons he was perfectly tolerable.

aravuus

Tatsu is awful - I might not have liked Riki's voice or portrayal that much in the first game, but compared to the unending horror of American Nopons he was perfectly tolerable.

Yeah, he started out as somewhat tolerable I thought, but now he's starting to get on my nerves.

I hope the plot twist is that he's a bad guy and I get to murder him.

Funnily enough, I thought Riki was actually one of the more likable characters of the XB main party.

Chaos17

There is a whole (optional) quest that works as a tutorial on data probes, it even gives you some extra probes and teaches you about the different kind of probes and linking many probes for increased production.

Edit: You need to instal a data probe, there is a tutorial for this in the early game. After that you can click on the hexagon of a data probe to get some info about it, and change which kind of probe is used. Depending on the probe used you will get different amount of resources every cicle.

Agree, I'm at part 3 of tha sub quest.
Really good to introudiction to probes.

So when you switch your class, can you use your older or previous arts? Mix and match?

You've to master a branch class for that (sorry for my bad english).
Also Arts are tied by the weapons you use.

you know its xenoblade when an ambush happens after you get an item

Haha, yeah, I just have gone through that fight, almost died, lol.
I should've left a note saying "it's a trap" XD

Marow

If an ally isn't where they're supposed to be outside of your party, they're waiting at the spot for their next hearttoheart. Lin's first one is in the warehouse in the industrial district at night.
How many heart-to-heart are there per character? Do they follow some sort of logic? (ie "one full heart gives one event")

quick question:

Do you need to bring party members with you so they level up?

I ask because one of the main two story mission ones has the same class I do and will be expanding on, and I'd rather bring people of different classes with me where we each bring something new to the table.

But at the same time not bringing one of the key party members with me might result in my overleveling the fuck up and then she's still level 11 when I do one of those missions that require her.

Squishy3

you know its xenoblade when an ambush happens after you get an item
No, you know it's Xenoblade when you place a probe in a location behind level 35 monsters, you leave via the only way that's free of enemies, and you walk froward and a Tyrant pops out of the ground and one shots you.

Had to take an L and lower difficulty for an affection request. Strategy was good and got him close a few times, but clearly a grind was all that was needed. I really don't like the inaccurate monster levels. Is there a level scale in the game somewhere? I know in the intro they mention levels can be inaccurate but they leave it pretty vague. In most cases vague is fine, because come back later is pretty vague. Not quite as okay for mission bosses that are blocking other progress.

Bytes

Can someone explain the difference between the
Lifehold Squad
and the
Conquest Squad
? They seem to be largely the same, except the first option appears to not constantly show messages on screen.

I also found the manual to be unhelpful on this matter.

tizaffy

Neo Member
can someone pleae explain. oh the gamepad map there are icons for tyrants etc..

one of the icons is for a quest objective (its like a notepad type icon) but when you go there, nothing.

Once there were some enemies with green explanation marks above them, i killed them and nothing happened...

Apparently party members don't level up if you don't bring them with you.

But what the fuck am I supposed to do with party members that are very close to my same level then?

Not bringing them all of the time could prove a pain in the ass because then they'll be underleveled if I need to bring them with me again.

Kinsei

Banned

one of the icons is for a quest objective (its like a notepad type icon) but when you go there, nothing.

Once there were some enemies with green explanation marks above them, i killed them and nothing happened...

The icons are for what you need to do to complete that map segment. Probes are obvious of course, the quest icon means that it will fill in after you finish a certain quest, the sparkles mean you have to open a certain treasure, and I believe the affinity icon means you have to finish a certain affinity quest to fill it in. I have no clue what you're supposed to do for the tyrant/indigen hexagons.

Enemies with green exclamation marks need to be killed for quests you have active. You must have taken a quest that requires you to kill enemies with a specific weapon and were using the wrong one when you killed them.

Kjellson

So I'm doing an affinity quest right now and one of the objectives tells me to gather two energy tubes from puges in Primordia. What are puges?

R0ckman

Anyone know where Casper the unhealthy eater is? I'm in the segment its supposed to be in at night and its nowhere to be found.

chekhonte

what's the size of this download? I have the low capacity wii u since I bought it on launch and every place was sold out of the larger capacity version.

Chaos17

Read carafully your quest when you've to kill monsters, sometime it ask a requirement like (for example) to equip a weapon and it has to be exactly the same words.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom