• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do someone have the location of all the lobster we need to get for the Blood Lobster Quest ? There is too much of them seriously
The Japanese guide has a list with tiny screenshots, and I'm assuming the Prima guide does too. You'll need a Skell to get some of the ones in the first 49, and the flight pack to get some from the second set.

zroid

Banned
good god I just spent like 2 hours wandering around NLA and chatting people up

I'm drowning in game!

also the writing/localization is really good

phy5nsnlmszpfyk7c.png

I'll keep this short. Aliens decided to have a war on our front porch and burned our house down in the process. Then it's basically Battlestar Galactica without the sort of happy ending and they're still after us once we crash/settle on Planet Mira.
:lol

I missed this the first time through. Flawless.

R.D.Blax

The Japanese guide has a list with tiny screenshots, and I'm assuming the Prima guide does too. You'll need a Skell to get some of the ones in the first 49, and the flight pack to get some from the second set.

Well, I guess I will not bother for now, and I hope by the time I get the flight pack, there will be some good guide online

Chaos17

I'm taking a break now, time to eat, lol.
I've taken a trip to Noctilus to do H.B side quest while take 5 normal missions.
I couldn't find any items for those missions, though.

Here're some souvenir I took of my trip.

I'm really temped to by the digital guide, ugh.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
I had a psycorrupter on my team but I replaced her. Where can I pick her up again?

The map is awful telling you where people are in the admin district. It didn't have Gwen marked at all, I just happened to find him.

Kadin

Okay that video really helped a ton in addition to your explanation. I read the triggers part but still wasn't quite understanding. So now I get the concept of when I do something like draw my melee weapon in a fight, whatever is listed there in the Soul Voice screen is triggered. Also had NO clue about how you could also customize the triggers for the bottom 4. I'm thinking this might improve my combat experience just a tad. Thanks again!

Thanks, found em! Only two of them seem to spawn though so damn, this is gonna take a while
If you only need their drops, there are several lower level ones 'camouflaged' in the area by that beach northwest of 220(the FN spot on the bridge between Noctilum intro and proper).

Dinda

I love the game, but everything related to sound is seriously annoying.

And i'm not talking about the soundtrack itself, but basic features. I want to play the game with headphones, but there is no way to do so other than in off tv mode, but i want to use the Game Pad for the map etc...

And the most unblievable thing there are no audio settings whatsoever? Sometimes it's hard to hear what people are saying because the music is at a loud part, and other times I get really stressed with some of the music in NLA when it's really upbeat. It's really really unpleasent. How can there be no option to turn down the music volume a bit or up voices and sfx so i can turn overall volume down? I mean seriously someone please tell me i'm just blind and don't see those options!

It's really really tempering my enjoyment for an otherwise fantastic game.....

Neoweee

I'm drowning in game!

I agree. There's too much text overall, but the localization is quite good. Very surprising, even a few main missions into the game. They did excellent work.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
I love the game, but everything related to sound is seriously annoying.

And i'm not talking about the soundtrack itself, but basic features. I want to play the game with headphones, but there is no way to do so other than in off tv mode, but i want to use the Game Pad for the map etc...

And the most unblievable thing there are no audio settings whatsoever? Sometimes it's hard to hear what people are saying because the music is at a loud part, and other times I get really stressed with some of the music in NLA when it's really upbeat. It's really really unpleasent. How can there be no option to turn down the music volume a bit or up voices and sfx so i can turn overall volume down? I mean seriously someone please tell me i'm just blind and don't see those options!

It's really really tempering my enjoyment for an otherwise fantastic game.....

The music thing is absolutely mind boggling.

It's almost like they knew the music was total crap and are so proud of their awful tastes they are trolling us.

Their mixing engineer is an idiot as well, why wouldnt they even slightly mute the music during dialogs?

epmode

Thread's moving fast. Anyone have input about overleveling?

Is this like the last game where it's incredibly easy to overlevel for the early/mid areas? I had to skip most of the optional missions to keep things interesting. I hope the same doesn't apply here as well.

LProtag

I rearranged my party's skills (I didn't realize they had a ton of new ones when I went to look at them) and now they aren't calling for ranged attacks with soul voice much at all anymore.

I wonder what I screwed up.

What party is everyone using? Elma and Lin are pretty much a given as they're required for so much, what do you guys use for your 4th?

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican

I'm drowning in game!

Ive been playing the game for about five hours and haven't even been to the 2 other districts in NLA besides the one they make you go into with Blade stuff.

aravuus

Alright, got the first Archetype Sword! Added a melee up III augment and upgraded the melee up it already had, so now I'm getting 75 bonus melee ATK from it. Looks like I won't be changing from this weapon in a while.

I kinda want to go grind Muscled Suid Bulges to raise the melee up even more.

Kadin

How do I add items to the Collectopedia?

I also don't remember where to go once I gain a new BLADE level.
It's located in the 'Intel' section of the main menu. It unlocks after getting to a certain point in the game - I forget which.

As to the BLADE level, you're looking for the girl to the right of the Mission Control terminal by the BLADE Barracks. Have to have finished Chap 3 btw also.

Sölf

Is there a way to put people into the reserve team? I can only run around with the 4 people in my active team, the reserve team is always empty. What am I doing wrong? D:

Evilkazz

Banned
Hey, I'm looking at your screenshot and just noticed something. the HP/TP gauge near the skills bar - is that HP your total team party HP?

It's mine since the numbers match up with the ones next to my portrait in the top left. Still it's odd that it's in two places at once.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
When you unlock the passive multiplayer stuff? I'm very early in the game, chapter 3 - just did the "training mission" where you fight a guy and then put down your first probe.

Qurupeke

Did my first squad mission and we slayed a Millesaur, without a head. The biggest thing I've slain so far...

Also, in Oblivia I found a monster that was 91 level. Looked like something that exists in abyss. Scary...

Sölf

When you unlock the passive multiplayer stuff? I'm very early in the game, chapter 3 - just did the "training mission" where you fight a guy and then put down your first probe.

After finishing Chapter 3 it gets unlocked.

Also, asking again:
Is there a way to put people into the reserve team? I can only run around with the 4 people in my active team, the reserve team is always empty. What am I doing wrong? D:

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
It looks like the installing phase is going to take three hours? Lordie lord.

What are these items I get for completing a full row in the collectopedia?
It is the manual :(

Holo-figures. In the BLADE Barracks you can use the Holofigure Gallery (consistent) to admire them (there are also other ways to get holo-figures). You also get some battle points.

Sölf;188067558 said:
After finishing Chapter 3 it gets unlocked.

Also, asking again:

putting someone in party to reserve is basically removing them from party

SeanR1221

It's weird. I WANT to play this game but I haven't played a JRPG since FF13, and before that I played them on the PSX.

I just can't get into JRPGs, I much prefer WRPGs. But I acknowledge this game is probably really good.

I'm also not looking for a game with a steep learning curve and a lot of stat/item management which (correct me if I'm wrong) this game has.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom