• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blunoise

I really do love this game, and it gives me that old school JRPG feeling. I have been playing games on my ps4 but haven't gotten that JRPG feeling yet!

Anyone know where Casper the unhealthy eater is? I'm in the segment its supposed to be in at night and its nowhere to be found.

it's near the crystal-like area on the right when you facing NLA after you fast travelled there... need to jump on the on the cliff before crystal thing & do a u turn... it should be around this area
5FT199i.jpg

tizaffy

Neo Member
The icons are for what you need to do to complete that map segment. Probes are obvious of course, the quest icon means that it will fill in after you finish a certain quest, the sparkles mean you have to open a certain treasure, and I believe the affinity icon means you have to finish a certain affinity quest to fill it in. I have no clue what you're supposed to do for the tyrant/indigen hexagons.

Enemies with green exclamation marks need to be killed for quests you have active. You must have taken a quest that requires you to kill enemies with a specific weapon and were using the wrong one when you killed them.

ah thankyou. so its not necessarily for a quest i have right now? just that there is a quest for that segment? cant wait to get back on tonight. just wish there was more indepth stuff for the weapons and armours! i love stats :D

what's the size of this download? I have the low capacity wii u since I bought it on launch and every place was sold out of the larger capacity version.

Did you even read the OT?

20 gig digital

Here: eShop download file size: (space required to download:) 22.7GB // (final file size after install:) 19GB

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
So I'm doing an affinity quest right now and one of the objectives tells me to gather two energy tubes from puges in Primordia. What are puges?

That quest is an absolute nightmare. There are two puges on the entire map, and you need to fight them over and over til you get the drop.

They are in the prone camp where you found the potato guy.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
This thread is... hilarious.

If you read every page since its release its question after question after question, because the game doesn't explain things well enough. Actually, the digital manual is REALLY good and would answer a lot of questions here, but the Quests stuff is... yeah.

I haven't even gotten too heavy into yet. I wonder if this game was designed with the intention that you are involved in some type of community where you can figure out this game together, relying on each other for information and discovery, instead of the game spelling everything out for you.

R0ckman

it's near the crystal-like area on the right when you facing NLA after you fast travelled there... need to jump on the on the cliff before crystal thing & do a u turn... it should be around this area

Thank you! Is there any ability that baits enemies over to you like in the original game? Seems kind of pointless putting it in a pack of level 21-22 enemies.

Kadin

Anyone have a good grasp of how to properly configure and use the Soul Voice system? I read the OP and understand the basic idea but I'm not quite sure what I'm doing on the Soul Voice page where there's a ton of things to look through.

I go through the list and each item there gives 3 options off to the right of the page. I pick something which let's say is melee focused. Does that mean that if one of my party members (or my character) calls out said Soul Voice, I'll get said bonus? Is this all random based?

Would love some clarity on this Soul Voice system.

Dr Dogg

I'm getting absolutely steamrolled by the boss at Noctulim. First attempt completely unprepared and whole squad wiped in about 30 seconds. Bothered to level up my Arts that I though my be a decent combo and lasted 2 mins. This might require a little more thought before hand.

Is it easy to transfer saves between Wii U's? Thinking about borrowing my sister's Wii U for this, but don't want to be locked out of my save when I end up buying a Wii U.

R.D.Blax

wiiu_screenshot_tv_0197ab8.jpg

Tempting...

Spawns a level 50 mob with a crown in front of his name. I guess some kind of ultra hard boss?

The crown mean he killed a lot of other player. You can see how many in the enemy index (I'm among them too...)

On another note, fuck the red lobster

aravuus

Anyone know where to find Cobalt Germivore in Noctilum? Trying to craft the first lvl20 longsword and I need insect jaws

epmode

Is this like the last game where it's incredibly easy to overlevel for the early/mid areas? I had to skip most of the optional missions to keep things interesting. I hope the same doesn't apply here as well.

Insaniac

Is there anything i need to do or a setting to enable to make sure my game is using the data packs to load ? I have the physical version obviously and I downloaded the data packs to an external USB

Brannon

There is like, ONE default black guy preset that I don't want to pick, and the only black-ish hairstyle is locked to that one guy, so if I want to have that hairstyle I have to play as that guy.

Japan.

Nintendo.

Monolithsoft.

Tetsuya Takahashi.

y u do dis.

y u.

y.

Me and my girls look so pretty.

5eOMM6g.jpg

I can't stop playing this game, it's so good! T_________T

I really love the SQUAD online thingy too. I joined a random group and we share a lot of info. I'm learning a lot with them!

aravuus

cyba89

Still stuck at 2/5 white cometite for the Repair Job affinity mission.
Seriously. Am I missing something here? I have a G2 mining probe installed at Spot 115 (wher you're supposed to get them) and even have it linked with three more G2 mining probes to increase the output. But I get nothing since almost two hours.

I'm totally locked out of doing any story or affinity missions until the game decides to drop three more white cometites for me? That's just really bad.

EDIT: Oh just as I typed this post I got two of these at once. Still one more two go... God knows how long that'll take.. :|

Renewed

Anyone have a good grasp of how to properly configure and use the Soul Voice system? I read the OP and understand the basic idea but I'm not quite sure what I'm doing on the Soul Voice page where there's a ton of things to look through.

I go through the list and each item there gives 3 options off to the right of the page. I pick something which let's say is melee focused. Does that mean that if one of my party members (or my character) calls out said Soul Voice, I'll get said bonus? Is this all random based?

Would love some clarity on this Soul Voice system.

Here's a video of someone going through Soul Voices a bit.

Soul Voice triggers on conditions. A condition like HP Risk would mean something like under ___% of HP, this Soul Voice triggers. You choose the type of effect you want for your character, while other characters are set. If you choose to have that condition activate a melee Soul Voice, if someone completes it then the effect that you see listed under (ie. 100% damage (200% behind), etc) will go along with it.

There are 4 custom Soul Voice slots at the bottom for your avatar so you can decide which conditions work well for you so you can breeze through battle. I have Soul Voices set up so that if I get 3 critical hits in a row it triggers a useful Soul Voice that gives everyone a boost.

JCH!

I refuse to believe there is no better, more straightforward, way of changing party members. Somebody please, please prove me right.

:(

chadboban

Me and my girls look so pretty.

5eOMM6g.jpg

I can't stop playing this game, it's so good! T_________T

I really love the SQUAD online thingy too. I joined a random group and we share a lot of info. I'm learning a lot with them!

I'm certain the fashion gear option has been a real blessing to you ;)

R.D.Blax

Do someone have the location of all the lobster we need to get for the Blood Lobster Quest ? There is too much of them seriously

Sölf

This fucking game. I only stop for 1-2 hours in order to charge up the pad, god. Could just have continued here now instead. Just finished chapter 4. It feels so strange to suddenly have main story when you just do stuff for ~5 hours. xD
Regarding those Squad missions do they only appear after one of those tasks at the bottom right has been finished and disappear after the timer runs out? Because I never have any Squad missions, but then again I only looked when I ran back, which was after the timer finished.

The optimal party style seems to be to bring the two key party members with you and the fourth spot you reserve for whoever else you want to level up/gain more affinity with.

Kadin

Here's a video of someone going through Soul Voices a bit.

Soul Voice triggers on conditions. A condition like HP Risk would mean something like under ___% of HP, this Soul Voice triggers. You choose the type of effect you want for your character, while other characters are set. If you choose to have that condition activate a melee Soul Voice, if someone completes it then the effect that you see listed under (ie. 100% damage (200% behind), etc) will go along with it.

There are 4 custom Soul Voice slots at the bottom for your avatar so you can decide which conditions work well for you so you can breeze through battle. I have Soul Voices set up so that if I get 3 critical hits in a row it triggers a useful Soul Voice that gives everyone a boost.
Thanks, gonna give that video a watch. I hate that I'm just not grasping this concept but your explanation helped a good bit.

Sölf;188062438 said:
Just finished chapter 4. It feels so strange to suddenly have main story when you just do stuff for ~5 hours. xD
Haha, exactly, I got so surprised with chapter 5 because of this. I was not expecting anything remotely close to what happened.

If you some how go offline how do you go back online? I can't find anything in the options and it doesn't seem to do it automatically.

Gotta save and go back to the main menu. A really big oversight... thankfully it's fairly quick.

Why can I not find the probe installation spot? Do they appear under a condition?

Maybe it's on top of some rock formation that you can't access just yet (no Skell with flight module).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom