• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Sölf;188067558 said:
After finishing Chapter 3 it gets unlocked.

Aweosme, thanks!

It looks like the installing phase is going to take three hours? Lordie lord.

Are you doing the data packs? Just install them while you sleep tonight/or at work. Or is that for the digital version?

I preloaded this sucker about 3 weeks ago, and I swear it took 2 weeks to finish downloading/installing lol.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
It's weird. I WANT to play this game but I haven't played a JRPG since FF13, and before that I played them on the PSX.

I just can't get into JRPGs, I much prefer WRPGs. But I acknowledge this game is probably really good.

I'm also not looking for a game with a steep learning curve and a lot of stat/item management which (correfct me if I'm wrong) this game has.

If this game LOOKS interesting to you, but don't want to invest too heavily into a "learn the systems" type of game... then you should try Xenoblade Chronicles 3DS/Wii instead.

Chronicles is basically X Lite Mode. Everything in X is expanded from Chronicles... and XC is still really really really good. XC is a fantastic cross of WRPG and JRPG - I think it holds up greatly even in the context of X being released. Everything is so much more efficient and streamlined compared to X.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Aweosme, thanks!

Are you doing the data packs? Just install them while you sleep tonight/or at work. Or is that for the digital version?

I preloaded this sucker about 3 weeks ago, and I swear it took 2 weeks to finish downloading/installing lol.

The digital version. I left it on overnight and it run out of space while installing (I optimistically tried to put Splatoon in the download queue again, but it ruined everything).

Vitacat

I wonder if they could patch the text size to be adjustable?

That's the only really annoying thing to me. I can't relax on the couch as well due to the small text. It's not the end of the world or anything, but would be great if it could be addressed.

EDIT: also, I hate the swimming sound effect. But eh, that's being picky.

Does someone know what the dots besides the names of the monsters in the bestiary mean?
It shows whether you have all of their stats recorded. Engaging something adds it to the bestiary with an empty circle, killing it once adds HP and EXP, twice adds the rest of the stats, and a third time adds the time/weather it appears during/fills in the dot. I think Tyrants only need to be killed once to have all their info recorded.

boiled goose

good with gravy
So some gear has 0/4 or w.e upgrade slots.
How do you upgrade it?

Also, how do you invest in the weapons companies? Read about it somewhere, but don't know where to do it?

zakujanai

The game finally started to click towards the end of chapter 3. Upgraded my class to enforcer and started to enjoy the fighting. The base in the story mission was fun to explore and I was finally having a good time and then all the squad crap crawled out if the woodwork. I literally have no idea why I'm supposed to want to do those squad things. Is it possible to switch off or do I have to delete my WiFi settings from the Wii U?

I just want to go back to exploring and developing my party :(

chadboban

dxxytr.jpg

Finally unlocked my Sniper class!!

Things can only go up from here.

Nice! Tell us when you can do this.

LightheartedInexperiencedBettong.gif

Wiseblade

Chapter 4 and I'm stuck already. Where's the "detour" I'm supposed to take? I've scoured the immediate area and can't find anything.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
The game finally started to click towards the end of chapter 3. Upgraded my class to enforcer and started to enjoy the fighting. The base in the story mission was fun to explore and I was finally having a good time and then all the squad crap crawled out if the woodwork. I literally have no idea why I'm supposed to want to do those squad things. Is it possible to switch off or do I have to delete my WiFi settings from the Wii U?

Probably easiest thing to do is turn off your WiiU internet connection. You can also disable all the messages about Squad stuff on the UI in the options/settings menu. So you can effectively ignore everything.

Sölf

Chapter 4 and I'm stuck already. Where's the "detour" I'm supposed to take? I've scoured the immediate area and can't find anything.

You have to follow the hexagon shapes on the minimap north to the 2 data probes. Beware, there are some level 33 mobs on the path. I am not completely sure if you have to follow that path or not, as I just jumped down in the water and ran back up on the other side.

Sölf

How do you upgrade your mechanical or archaeological skills? Just opening a set number of treasures?

After finishing chapter 3 you can upgrade them at Eleanore. Each BLADE level allows you to upgrade 1 of the 3 skills (Mechanical, Biological, Archeology). I would improve mechanical first, as I already found mechanical 3 probe points and mechanical 4 treasures in NLA, but only like 1 level 2 biology and archeology thingy.

Look in your settings menu under the social settings section. There are options to turn off achievement notifications, squad messages etc. Also when continuing the game choose the Lifehold Squads maybe (that is the suggested one for players wanting an immersive single-player experience).

It shows whether you have all of their stats recorded. Engaging something adds it to the bestiary with an empty circle, killing it once adds HP and EXP, twice adds the rest of the stats, and a third time adds the time/weather it appears during/fills in the dot. I think Tyrants only need to be killed once to have all their info recorded.

huh that's interesting

btw do you happen to know anything about this:

anyone know what the cutoffs are for gold/silver/copper(?) crowns on Tyrants

MrPanic

Just spend one and a half hours trying to find a Placid Duoguill for a affinity mission without a working follow ball...

Bleh.

DangerMan

Banned
At one point I saw a pop-up in the top right which said press - to accept an invite to a Squad Mission but by the time I accepted it there were already 4 players. I assume this was for the synchronous multiplayer Squad Missions which you can host or join through the BLADE barracks.

Anytime I've tried to host one I've never had anyone join and I can't figure out how to send invites to other players. Could someone explain how to invite people once hosting a Squad Mission?

Is anyone in a GAF squad that has enough room available that I can join up with?

I put my NNID in the sheet but hopefully I can speed up the process and get to join up with you guys.

NNID: Askherserenity

MouldyK

I use Fashion for my girl only. Everyone else can look like mismatched freaks.

Also, does it rain every day in Primordia for anyone else? Mine is constant rain.

MrPanic

Silent Mire at night :p But yeah, we need a working wiki ASAP since there are so many of these drops in quests.
Yeah, finally found one at the beach east of NLA. Searched Silent Mire for quite a while before that, sadly didn't realize I should've looked at night time.

Omnicent

Lv.14 4 man team enters Nocturnis.
See a Lv.14 Raging Simus and thinks should be easy.... gets ass handed cause of
that flaming fist attack being a one hit ko.... the FUCK!

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
So I'm confused about the augment/battle trait system.

So, I manufacture a new trait, say, melee attack V.

I then go to put it in gear with an empty slot, but I cant. I have one sleeve that lets me upgrade to melee attack up IV, but not V. And I need to spend resources to upgrade it, even though I already spent resources to create the melee attack up V mod.

What is going on? Am I missing an option to apply the mod I created to a piece of equipment?

zroid

Banned
It's weird. I WANT to play this game but I haven't played a JRPG since FF13, and before that I played them on the PSX.

I just can't get into JRPGs, I much prefer WRPGs. But I acknowledge this game is probably really good.

I'm also not looking for a game with a steep learning curve and a lot of stat/item management which (correct me if I'm wrong) this game has.

this is just my impression based on the few hours I've played (so pretty early)

but XCX to me feels like a game which takes all the best things about WRPGs and all the best things about JRPGs, and combines them.

It has the world-building, strong dialogue, and scale of WRPGs, and the beauty, whimsy, and complex, highly polished systems of the best JRPGs.

Just started playing this. The environments are gorgeous. It's fun to just run and see everything. Hard to believe this is on Wii U. From what I've heard, the instrumental tracks are great.

Three complaints:

The songs with lyrics are off-putting and distracting.

The humanoid designs are weird. Not a fan.

The text is really small. I need to get my glasses to play this game. It also adds to a feeling of suffocation when maneuvering the menus.

Hope to play more of this as I have the time.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Just started playing this. The environments are gorgeous. It's fun to just run and see everything. Hard to believe this is on Wii U. From what I've heard, the instrumental tracks are great.

Three complaints:

The songs with lyrics are off-putting and distracting.

The humanoid designs are weird. Not a fan.

The text is really small. I need to get my glasses to play this game. It also adds to a feeling of suffocation when maneuvering the menus.

Nail on the head. You should write professional game reviews. I couldn't sum up my first ~5 hours of the game any better than that!

As for point #2, for the first hour of the game I thought that the main character Elma,
was an alien race character. I still can't believe she's "human", she looks so fucking jacked up. Same for the little girl, Lin.

Dineren

Banned
Is there a way to easily cycle between targets besides moving closer to your target and hitting the button again? I checked the manual and didn't see anything (although maybe I just missed it).

Nice! Tell us when you can do this.
Pretty sure that's Boze's second unique art, which you can't get until after chapter 9.
btw do you happen to know anything about this:
Not sure about exact numbers, I just know that it's based on how many other people it's killed.
Anytime I've tried to host one I've never had anyone join and I can't figure out how to send invites to other players. Could someone explain how to invite people once hosting a Squad Mission?
When you start one it automatically displays an invitation on everyone in the squad's screens. People might not be a high enough level to join though(or are too confused about the random message showing up on their screen).
What is going on? Am I missing an option to apply the mod I created to a piece of equipment?
Hit X in the equipment screen.
What does the supercharge effect do?
Doubles the damage of the next art you use at rank I, triples it at rank V. Not sure if it applies to every hit or just the first.

Chastten

Banned
So, just finished Chapter 3 and got all the party/squad thingies, and this stuff is majorly confusing. Got no clue what to do with them, whatsoever.

I am really enjoying the game, but holy shit, does it throw all these little things your way like there's no tomorrow.

TheMoon

I'm also not looking for a game with a steep learning curve and a lot of stat/item management which (correct me if I'm wrong) this game has.

If you prefer WRPGs then Xenoblade and Xenoblade X are exactly right for you.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
So, just finished Chapter 3 and got all the party/squad thingies, and this stuff is majorly confusing. Got no clue what to do with them, whatsoever.

I am really enjoying the game, but holy shit, does it throw all these little things your way like there's no tomorrow.

No kidding. I feel like I'm only surviving because I played Chronciles, and at least I don't need to figure out the battle system again, and Arts and Skills, etc. But everything else - yeah. It's a lot.

Is anyone playing X fresh, without any Chronicles experience? This game must be HELL for you to understand.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Ah x brings up a submenu! Got it.

Is there a way to remove augments from the equip screen? Or do I need to unequip it, then go into "Intel/inventory" and find the equipment there and remove the augment?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom