• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omnicent

So, how did you guys deal with Desmedona in Noctilum. I had to use ranged attacks since I couldn't find a path even with the follow ball (bounty was on the other side of a jump I could not make).

Teletraan1

Banned
Really loving the game so far. Monster ambushes are hilarious. It reminds me of a random battle almost. I really like the music outside of a few tracks. It is just enough cheese and I disagree with the notion it doesn't fit the game. There are some tracks that embody that futuristic frontier vibe so far while exploring the world, while the music that plays in the NLA sounds like some sort of futuristic R&B. Which seems in line with the timeframe the game takes place in.

My only gripe so far is that when you level up and change classes that have different weapons you really start off with so few useable skills. I changed right before an unexpected boss fight and got wiped out because I had 2 usable skills. (and was a bit underleveled) No biggie, I just went and did a few other quests, leveled a bit and unlocked more skills. Just would be nice to start with at least 4 different skills, especially when you just came from having more than you could fit on your bar.

My favorite affinity quest so far was definitely (affinity quest spoilers)
helping Tatsu get his dad's Kamina glasses back. Too bad he doesn't actually wear them after the quest ends.

pots555

Can I change the way my character looks? Just finished chapter 3 and can't stand looking at him anymore. I leave him with a helmet. Thanks!

MattyG

Banned
Ahh, I think I'll unwrap the game and start

*updates up the wazoo*

Welp. I guess this is what happens when you only play your WiiU only once every few months.

Edit: Oh jesus, 10GB download

62645542.jpg

The Repair Job is the damn worst progression cockblocker Ive seen in a game in a long time

Tell me about it... When I saw I needed some random drops from the probes over time, some drops from enemies that only spawn 3 units in the whole of Primordia, and some random blue orb drops in Oblivia (where I hadn't been to before), I knew I made a huge mistake. Thank god I already had 3 of the white cometites and got the rest of the drops pretty quickly, but I still had to fuck around for a while untill I got the last 2 white cometites.

The Repair Job is the damn worst progression cockblocker Ive seen in a game in a long time
I had your stream on a little bit* and I saw when you had started that quest on your stream at least when you got the collecting objects up on screen and was thinking to myself "when are the frontier net ones going in increase?".

I'm starting to notice a trend in that affinity quest and frontier net equals progress block (many people were having troubles with a new rival).

*-Loved the bit where you deployed a probe at a deposit guarded by some level 40 enemies right before they one-shotted you.

Is there a post already about how to get BLADE Medals?
It is in the manual :( Randomly upon doing squad tasks.

Zafir

Man I love the world, but, the random high level areas make exploring so annoying. It's like there's no consistency in area levels, you'll have random low level areas right next to a bunch of high level ones. :X

cyba89

So much yes.

I already explored a good chunk of the second and third continent meanwhile because the damn mining stuff just did not drop for me. I assume I'm a bit overleveled for the chapter 4 story missions now.

Salbug

Man I love the world, but, the random high level areas make exploring so annoying. It's like there's no consistency in area levels, you'll have random low level areas right next to a bunch of high level ones. :X

Lol I kinda like it especially since this is a true open world because I'm having to plan out routes on the fly, and sneak by high levels, especially in one instance I had to sneak by these two lvl 30 monsters guarding a bridge, I stuck as close to the edge as possible also using the sprinting jump, and made it without getting wrecked.

When you hold R and tap L you can see what you have to kill/collect for the squad tasks. Didn't know about that before.

Thanks for the tip! Didn't know about that either.

Quadraxis

Man, i love Noctilum. Nice music and really colourfull. But then there is this stupid tyrant, Oskar, the Summer Squall, that keeps killing me. I'm lvl 14 and he is 11, but he has an AoE laser attack that is just ridiculously strong. Everything goes well until he starts spamming that :/ Any tips?

aravuus

Tell me about it... When I saw I needed some random drops from the probes over time, some drops from enemies that only spawn 3 units in the whole of Primordia, and some random blue orb drops in Oblivia (where I hadn't been to before), I knew I made a huge mistake. Thank god I already had 3 of the white cometites and got the rest of the drops pretty quickly, but I still had to fuck around for a while untill I got the last 2 white cometites.

Jesus christ

I'll have to keep in mind not to accept it too soon

vinegar

Neo Member
Man, i love Noctilum. Nice music and really colourfull. But then there is this stupid tyrant, Oskar, the Summer Squall, that keeps killing me. I'm lvl 14 and he is 11, but he has an AoE laser attack that is just ridiculously strong. Everything goes well until he starts spamming that :/ Any tips?

That guy destroyed me with his disco lasers four times in a row before I just moved on. I can't wait until I gain a few more levels so I can go back and kick his ass.

Squishy3

So what division did everyone end up joining? Currently at the point where they ask what division I want to join and was curious what everyone else decided.
I joined Curators. Division actually doesn't effect anything other than what buff your character provides when online when people ask for support from it, and what activities earn you the most points towards increasing your BLADE rank.

Is there a fast travel point somewhere inside New Los Angeles?
You can fast travel to any landmark inside NLA. When viewing the whole map (upper left button on the Gamepad) each district is also available to be selected, also including the interior of the barracks.

About 15 hours, it's right after Chapter
_6_

Huh. I guess you relatively rushed through the campaign to get to it asap then?

Because they kept saying it takes approximately 30 hours. You did it in half the time.

Is there a fast travel point somewhere inside New Los Angeles?

Plenty. But it's silly you need to zoom out to the continents and on the right there's the different areas of NLA in the gamepad. You can choose one and fast travel.

Zafir

Lol I kinda like it especially since this is a true open world because I'm having to plan out routes on the fly, and sneak by high levels, especially in one instance I had to sneak by these two lvl 30 monsters guarding a bridge, I stuck as close to the edge as possible also using the sprinting jump, and made it without getting wrecked.

Thanks for the tip! Didn't know about that either.
I didn't mind it in the first area as it was mostly easy to avoid and they tended to be out of the way places anyway. However, I'm now going through Noctilum and it's annoying me quite a bit. Sometimes it's really close trying to avoid them, other times its nigh impossible due to them being close together or them suddenly appearing from above/below and you just have to run through and hope that it only kills your party members. I took to saving a damn lot because I was losing too much progress if a suicide run failed. xD

Edit: Does anyone know where these damn Spherical EM Motors are? I've searched about 60% of Noctilum and still not found em.

thomaszyj

Neo Member

I defeated it when I was level 15. I'm in samurai class. I increase my defense to 58 for my main character and my team member is elma, lin and lao. Although I was level 15, it was still a hard battle. Try to use soul voice to heal.

Quadraxis

That guy destroyed me with his disco lasers four times in a row before I just moved on. I can't wait until I gain a few more levels so I can go back and kick his ass.

Maybe i should do that to. You just wait Oskar, i will kill you :D

Edit: My soul voice can't really keep up with his DPS. Maybe i should look into the setup. Ah well.

About 15 hours, it's right after Chapter
_6_

15 Hours ???!! bloody hell it seems you have rushed the game(and that is not a good thing) to get your skell, because 15 hours is VERY VERY short to get it...
And you will realise very soon if your are low level the skell will not really help you...

PetrCobra

How do people level in this game, quest don't seem to give exp

What? Practically EVERYTHING in this game gives you exp. Even going somewhere can level you up.

Anyway, I need help: how do you people mine rare resources? I need some white cometites for an affinity mission, it specifically says to FrontierNav to gather them. So I found a probe which is in an area that gives them and placed a Mining probe there. After a long time, I received no white cometites. Interestingly enough, I already had three at that point, no idea where or how I got them.

MattyG

Banned
Can I play this without eShop downloads (I can't remember what it was called, the streaming one I think)? Or should I just wait out the 2 hour download?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom