• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zafir

Interesting. I've done both with no success, or at least I think I have.. I'll try harder then.

Well, they can still hit you as long as you're still in range of their attacks while they're trying to get to you, but they will stop. You can also just hope that they don't attack your character. Sometimes you get unlucky though.

TI82

Banned
Weird, Lin made tatsu references in combat and exploration but I hadn't gotten him until just now lol.

Also love his VA, same as Teddie right

ksamedi

Is there even a penalty to dying in the game?

Seems like the only possible one is losing progress in a battle against an enemy.

I think its fine. The levels in this game are the enemies so to speak. Being able to kill an enemy is the reward you get for preparing well for the battle and executing well in battle. To retry beating an enemy is like retrying a level in this game.

Effect

Can I play this without eShop downloads (I can't remember what it was called, the streaming one I think)? Or should I just wait out the 2 hour download?

You can play it with out the downloads. You'll just have longer loading times. The downloads speed things up considerably when you are fast traveling and I think in menus in stores.Also how quickly creatures appear in front of you, etc.

Edit:

Is there any point in putting probes in mining spots that says "Mineable resources: None". It's mining something but nothing is listed? Is that suppose to be for extra minerals outside of miranium?

Hellers

I just finished chapter 5 and I understand I can change my appearance now? Where do I go to do it? I don't think the game said at the end of the final cutscene.

El Odio

Banned
Weird, Lin made tatsu references in combat and exploration but I hadn't gotten him until just now lol.

Also love his VA, same as Teddie right
I just completed a fight against some monsters in primordia and she just asked him to check if something they dropped was poisoned despite not having encountered yet >.>

Chaos17

Is there any point in putting probes in mining spots that says "Mineable resources: None". It's mining something but nothing is listed? Is that suppose to be for extra minerals outside of miranium?

Normal probes will reward you money and doesn't consumes any probes.
You can set them up later by just cliking on the gamepad.

Fuuuuuuck those 3 turrents from chapter 5. How am I supposed to fight them if they are surrounded by higher level enemies all over the place?

I'm level 18

bomblord1

Banned
Is there any way to switch between body part targets other than physically moving around an enemy?

Also does distance have any bearing for enemies? I've seen an enemy about to hit me and sprinted way back but it still ends up doing damage.

doraemoe

I feel like for most Nintendo game, although they all require decent skill in the end, they are easy to pick up and have fun at the beginning. This game is completely different, it's like a big middle finger towards causal players, I really feel a bit overwhelmed at the beginning. Not a bad thing though.

Hellers

Fuuuuuuck those 3 turrents from chapter 5. How am I supposed to fight them if they are surrounded by higher level enemies all over the place?

I'm level 18

Two of them you can find alternate ways in to kill them. Start exploring. The third one that's protected by that big level 22 thing you can either wait until you're level 20 (Explore noctilum for that. It's fun. Gear up at the store, upgrade your gear and you'll spank him easily. Or you can switch to elma. Target the mob. Use her shadow step stealth thing, put your weapons away and run past him without touching him. It's a hard stealth. As long as you don't come into contact nothing can see you.

I just got to level 20 and did it the satisfying way :) Plus at level 20 the final fight in the chapter is trivial and very very satisfying :)

The game seems to reward exploration in a very hardcore way. It expects you to go out of your way to figure out how to get to hard to reach places. It's an interesting design choice.

Marow

The game seems to reward exploration in a very hardcore way. It expects you to go out of your way to figure out how to get to hard to reach places. It's an interesting design choice.
And I love the game for it! Traversing the world map is a lot of fun as you sometimes need to avoid enemies.

aravuus

Holy shit Oblivia's day theme is AMAZING

Man, what a fucking bummer Sawano decided to add vocals to so many songs. This OST would be godlike if it wasn't for the vocals.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Primordia trailblazing 3 is bugged for me

Obtain the data unit FN093 in primoridas green threshold

It takes me to FN 103

That's just great.. :/

Chaos17

I took a glance at the e-guide that I just bough and man they're not joking with companion affinity quest. People if you plan to do those companions quests, you better level them up XD

Fandangox

Decided to just explore around after completing chapter 3.

Eventually found my way to Noctilum, but not before finding a [spoilers] lvl 40 Prone Base lol[/spoilers]

Completed an NPC quest at Noctilum, then found a fart cave and got wiped out.

Jarmel

Banned
I'm not sure I like how they laid out enemies in the game. Yes it's more organic to have a bunch of levels mixed together but goddamn is it annoying at times to traverse.

Effect

Had my first NOPE moment last night. This bad boy is on the beach right outside of NLA.

AQpoK9j.jpg

Arklite

Was a great start, the story settles you in nicely, I like the purpose of world building and finding survivors, the sci-fi theme is perfect, I like the art and world design, the skells, the 'ground gear' and weapons, the fight against ravenous creatures, discovery of greater threats, and the race for action and survival.

Then they throw a wrench of stupid comic relief, a stuffed clown to grind up the gears. What a swift kick in the balls after liking everything up to then. It's been awesome, though. If they do continue with future titles I hope they do so with this level of sci-fi.

Chaos17

I'm not sure I like how they laid out enemies in the game. Yes it's more organic to have a bunch of levels mixed together but goddamn is it annoying at times to traverse.

That's what make the game awesome, dude : a living world that reward you a lot for character customisation or quests.

Who else here had difficulty deciding which division they wanted to be a part of? I'm torn between being a Harrier, a Curator and an outfitter.

The game is good. It sucks that I cant play with my friends and do a party and play the game without an area restriction or mission. Wish it would be whole world exploration. Lookout for stuff and do MP missions.

Kouriozan

Who else here had difficulty deciding which division they wanted to be a part of? I'm torn between being a Harrier, a Curator and an outfitter.
Picked Pathfinder then switched to Mediator, seems like I'm the only Mediator on Mira, I have yet to find another player with this division.

El Odio

Banned
Finally met Tatsu and just like Riki I already love the little dude. The VA on those prone guys on the other hand... I dunno, I just don't like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom