• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.
15 Hours ???!! bloody hell it seems you have rushed the game(and that is not a good thing) to get your skell, because 15 hours is VERY VERY short to get it...

well to be fair if someone REALLY wants to unlock a certain aspect in the game, such as myself with being able to recustomize my character, I'd likely try and get to that point asap. If he really wanted the Skell and will now work to mess with it he doesn't really need to do more of the campaign atm.

SalvaPot

This game is overwhelming me with all the choices. I think for now I'll stick to progress through the story as long as possible and if I ever get stuck, I'll dial up a little and sight see.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
15 Hours ???!! bloody hell it seems you have rushed the game(and that is not a good thing) to get your skell, because 15 hours is VERY VERY short to get it...

It's not that fast... It would be very fast if he already had the flying ability, though.

Ahh, I think I'll unwrap the game and start

*updates up the wazoo*

Welp. I guess this is what happens when you only play your WiiU only once every few months.

Edit: Oh jesus, 10GB download

I mean, they gave us almost a month to download all the data packs before the game launched. :p

Chaos17

Man I love the world, but, the random high level areas make exploring so annoying. It's like there's no consistency in area levels, you'll have random low level areas right next to a bunch of high level ones. :X

There is either a safe path or you just sneak behind the enemies.
I managed to find a safe path in Noctilus, I just had to climb a trunk tree then jump over a plateform and magickly no more high level mobs on my way.

That was satifiying to discover :)

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
*-Loved the bit where you deployed a probe at a deposit guarded by some level 40 enemies right before they one-shotted you.

I mashed A like my life depended on it xD

Just did 25k damage off one move at level 18 vs a 20 elite xD getting strong.

Found the stupid items now I get to afk for a few hours while it gathers. Worst design ever for something that prevents you from progressing the story.

My only complaint with the game atm x.x

Killing the stream for now Ill be back in a few hours

Kouriozan

Huh. I guess you relatively rushed through the campaign to get to it asap then?

Because they kept saying it takes approximately 30 hours. You did it in half the time.

Plenty. But it's silly you need to zoom out to the continents and on the right there's the different areas of NLA in the gamepad. You can choose one and fast travel.

And you will realise very soon if your are low level the skell will not really help you...
Honestly, I took my time to explore, I ignored the board sidequest but did some red ? ones.
I got almost 30% of each 3 first continents explored, didn't really feel like I rushed it.

PetrCobra

Anyway, I need help: how do you people mine rare resources? I need some white cometites for an affinity mission, it specifically says to FrontierNav to gather them. So I found a probe which is in an area that gives them and placed a Mining probe there. After a long time, I received no white cometites. Interestingly enough, I already had three at that point, no idea where or how I got them.

Since it's the last post at the previous page, I'm reposting this. Does anyone have any idea what I might be doing wrong?

Zafir

There is either a safe path or you just sneak behind the enemies.
I managed to find a safe path in Noctilus, I just had to climb a trunk tree then jump over a plateform and maglickly no more high level mobs on my way.

That was satifiying to discover :)

There isn't just one area which you have to get through though, there's loads. I don't think you shouldn't have to go out of your way just to find a safe path honestly, well not a lot of times anyway, once or twice it would be acceptable. :/

Edit: The issue is probably exacerbated by the fact I'm playing off the disk (no space to download data packs), so the pop in of random enemies from the sky out of nowhere happens to which can be pretty annoying.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Since it's the last post at the previous page, I'm reposting this. Does anyone have any idea what I might be doing wrong?

I put a mk2 mining probe on that node, took about an hour to get enough for the quest.

You just need to wait.

Also, that's not the worst part of that quest.

Semajer

Christ! This game is immense. Does anyone know how I get to the nail (I think it's called that) in Noctilus for the Proper Chopper quest?

aravuus

Holy shit there's an intimidating monster in Sylvalum.
I'm standing on a high bridge, it's leaping over it.

http://i.imgur.com/OTZLm7v.jpg

Url cause it's a cool enemy

And you will realise very soon if your are low level the skell will not really help you...

Rushing is bad? Uh, he's well within his rights to go at it at the pace he wants. Doing things fast isn't good or bad.

Kouriozan

Welp 23 you will realise soon that you are not invincible with it. But if this was what your desire the most in this game, I can understand and enjoy it.

Really? Guess I'll do those board sidequest then. The Chapter 6 boss was a bit hard I admit. If I had trouble I could understand people thinking I rushed it but it wasn't so I'm confused.
EDIT : I'm playing for the story, not for unlocking content, if I'm having an hard time doing the story stuff, I switch to sidequests.

Anybody know a good place to stop doing the main story missions and pick up months later?

I thought of never starting mission 3 and just doing side stuff for a while but I want to improve my mechanical and archeological skills as I haven't been able to chosen class yet.

Crumbtiny

Ok, dumb question here. How do I unequip some piece of fashion gear? I see no option to just unequip it (or even how to switch back to my equipped gear).

I'm in the sub menu for fashion gear, but I only have one item there (so nothing to change it out for), but it won't let me change out the equipped item for "nothing" and I don't see an unequip button.

It looks super dumb and it's kind of driving me crazy.

Ok, dumb question here. How do I unequip some piece of fashion gear? I see no option to just unequip it (or even how to switch back to my equipped gear).

I'm in the sub menu for fashion gear, but I only have one item there (so nothing to change it out for), but it won't let me change out the equipped item for "nothing" and I don't see an unequip button.

It looks super dumb and it's kind of driving me crazy.

press x on the fashion gear menu

aravuus

Man, Sylvalum is such a cool looking area. Can't wait to be stronger and KILL EVERYTHING IN HERE BECAUSE FUCK YOU SUPER HOSTILE ONE-SHOT ENEMIES

Is it impossible to fast travel if playing with the pro controller only? If so that's a fucking terrible design choice.

Yeah, gotta use the pad as a map. It's a bit terrible.

etking

Banned
Before taking on story mission 3 , I just discovered the hidden secret
alien Protoss base on the north western high mountains
very close to NLA.

El Odio

Banned
Jesus the CE guide is thick! The hardcover is super nice though. Just skimming over it it seems to cover everything which, given the game, seems like a crapton of content.

Kouriozan

Oh yeah, still haven't checked the artbook, I'm a bit scared it would spoil me some stuff, even more so after progressing the story :lol

Welp 23 you will realise soon that you are not invincible with it. But if this was what your desire the most in this game, I can understand and enjoy it.

why are you trying so hard to push him off his current playstyle? lol

Before taking on story mission 3 , I just discovered the hidden secret
alien Protoss base on the north western high mountains
very close to NLA.

Protoss base? didn't know Starcraft was in this game :p

Kouriozan

Man, I'm a completionist and seeing places to put probes out of reach breaks my heart everytime. But I refuse to give up and spend 30 mins running around trying to get there.

Kinsei

Banned
Is there anyway to guarantee you'll get white cometites in a cycle? I have mining node 2's set up on a couple of nods that give them but no luck so far. I need 5 to complete this affinity mission.

WVW69ioilLs1DitCPL

They should have put these messages in the game pad it's really annoying.

PetrCobra

Man, Sylvalum is such a cool looking area. Can't wait to be stronger and KILL EVERYTHING IN HERE BECAUSE FUCK YOU SUPER HOSTILE ONE-SHOT ENEMIES

The fact that you can't run away from strong enemies is ridiculous, I still think maybe I'm missing something here. They will kill you no matter how far you run. The only thing you can do is an "emergency escape", which waits 15 seconds and then... it just respawns you at the last landmark. The same result can be achieved by letting the enemy kill you, and at least you can then respawn instantly by a button press.

Kinsei

Banned
The fact that you can't run away from strong enemies is ridiculous, I still think maybe I'm missing something here. They will kill you no matter how far you run. The only thing you can do is an "emergency escape", which waits 15 seconds and then... it just respawns you at the last landmark. The same result can be achieved by letting the enemy kill you, and at least you can then respawn instantly by a button press.

You can escape by reaching areas enemies can't reach you. For example you can climb a cliff or if it's a land creature you could jump in the water and swim away from shore.

DangerMan

Banned
When you start one it automatically displays an invitation on everyone in the squad's screens. People might not be a high enough level to join though(or are too confused about the random message showing up on their screen).

Do you mean when I select it and start waiting for other players or when I depart from the barracks on the mission? I'm still trying to actually play the synchronous multiplayer. Either way game is sick and if anyone wants to play the synchronous multiplayer with me send a PM my way.

PetrCobra

You can escape by reaching areas enemies can't reach you. For example you can climb a cliff or if it's a land creature you could jump in the water and swim away from shore.

Interesting. I've done both with no success, or at least I think I have.. I'll try harder then.

aravuus

Most of the enemies have a ridiculous range, but you can run away from them. Just hope they try attacking your friends and not you while running away.

Looks like it's time to do some side-quests... I can't kill the chapter 4 boss. I think I tried 3 times and now the game is asking me if I want to play easy mode. :(

How much longer until the game takes off lol

I know its gonna be awesome but ive been playing for like 5 hours and only just joined blade
After chapter 3, I'd say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom