• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you mean when I select it and start waiting for other players or when I depart from the barracks on the mission?
It shows up for the rest of the squad once, right when you start the 'party'. If people miss that notification they have to check the console to see/join any active parties.
If I have an Arts that says ''Boost damage in melee combo'' what exactly do they mean by melee combo ?
Means you have to have used a melee weapon art within the last few seconds to get the damage bonus.

MomoQca

First post here! I'm really looking forward to playing it (my copy arrives on Monday). What does everyone think of the characters so far? Elma, Lin, the avatar, etc. :)

Effect

I love to explore so Pathfinder was the natural choice.

I ended up doing that. You can switch to something else but I figure if I decide to do something else I'll switch. You just get buffs I think and that's it. I don't believe it stops you from doing things. The class choices seem like they matter more in the end.

jmizzal

Some of these side missions in new LA are so funny I love it, Jo and Coco mission, Jo keeps breaking stuff and Coco her boss is pissed at her, and Jo runs to the church lol

And the one where the guy is about to get jumped by his broke down car haha

I think I'll go with Curator for now. Sounds like I can still explore the world like the pathfinders, fight enemies like the harriers and might even be an uncommon decision like the outfitter (I don't think this is a common choice at least).

Diablos54

The affinity quests are great, and they're sending me everywhere! This level 12 one is sending me to Noctilum for the first time!

Rolling with a team of 4
Doug, Irina, H.B. and of course my main.
It feels really strange haha

Dumb question time:
If I die, and it starts me at the last landmark, do I keep all the experience and stuff I earned after saving? Or should I quit and reload the save file? Thanks!

Anfang

If anyone has the time and the guide could you give me some idea where the primordia spot 39 probe spot is. Spent like 30 mins so far trying to find it and it's starting to frustrate me ><

EhoaVash

mini rant/question i posted somewhere else but i need an solution. help?

i played Xenoblade mindlessly didn't pay attention to anything as long as something toppled in x, what i'm doing so far is "listening" to what other characters are telling me to use during combat hoping i could topple something

I usually just auto attack, wait for something to glow, use it, then "listen " to what elma wants me to use

Sometimes i kill something really quick even if its a level higher, sometimes it takes too long to kill something even if its lower level cause i usually mess up QTE's
am i playing right :(??

In xenoblade they had chain attacks in XcX i see something similar like that line connecting your player but this time the line isn't connecting to the other NPC, just the monster so i'm confused

also I don't know how to properly "heal"my teamate, like elma died, game doesn't give me option to "revive" her, also my current class only has healing spell for my character, not the entire team

i sometimes do a QTE right and everyone heals, but that QTE feels soo random

i can't get the rhythm of this combat\rant

Wagram

I have to be honest: The Wii U tablet is absolutely killing this game for me control wise. I like the map feature, but other then that I would kill for a real controller. Sadly, I don't own a Pro.

Chanser

gFsomxk.jpg

Shower head creature who claps his hands.

Nice, nice. Just got softlocked by the affinity chart and lost multiple hours of progress.

Seal of Quality.

Seriously, surely such a bug would have been noticed by Japanese players and patched out by the time the localized release comes out, right?

Hellers

If you decide to switch your main to a brand new class and you're frustrated at the lack of arts until you level a bit just switch to a different character and let the AI worry about it. Just level up arts as appropriate and switch back once you get enough class levels to feel comfortable.

Just a quick repeat of a question from earlier. I finished chapter 5. Does anyone know how I'm supposed to change my appearance? I want a new hairdo.

Chaos17

First post here! I'm really looking forward to playing it (my copy arrives on Monday). What does everyone think of the characters so far? Elma, Lin, the avatar, etc. :)

I love those 2 girls, specialy Elma she is really cool and deserve a place in Smash.
The Mc is alright same like the hero of Persona 4 : mute but can have a personality.

I just met Tatsu, he is okay I guess. The VA just doesn't suit my taste (he is good but not my taste)
I met dlc character H.B, I think a britsh voice would've suit more that smartass, lol.

Irina is cool but should had a different hairstlye to match better her personality. Something like this (there is one haircut like this in chara-creator) : http://www.tucamedia.com/wp-content...men-amazing-haircuts-on-hair-design-ideas.jpg

Forkball

Fun game but man the graphics are inconsistent.

Twilight Princess looking great.

The small text is killing me. I have to get up from my COMFY COUCH to read what the hell something says half of the time. It's even microscopic on the gamepad.

jwhit28

I have to be honest: The Wii U tablet is absolutely killing this game for me control wise. I like the map feature, but other then that I would kill for a real controller. Sadly, I don't own a Pro.

Pro is a great buy. I had mine for a week now and still haven't had to recharge it. Only thing I don't like is there is no headset jack.

Kinsei

Banned
I love those 2 girls, specialy Elma she is really cool and deserve a place in Smash.
The Mc is alright same like the hero of Persona 4 : mute but can have a personality.

I just met Tatsu, he is okay I guess. The VA just doesn't suit my taste (he is good but not my taste)
I met dlc character H.B, I think a britsh voice would've suit more that smartass, lol.

Irina is cool but should had a different hairstlye to match better her personality. Something like this (there is one haircut like this in chara-creator) : http://www.tucamedia.com/wp-content...men-amazing-haircuts-on-hair-design-ideas.jpg

I feel like Wesker is a good voice for H.B.

How do people with the Pro controller access the Gamepad map and fast travel?

The text is small. I find me preferring to play on the Gamepad even when I do use the television. I usually primarily use off-tv play anyway and was planning the same for this game though.

jwhit28

How do people with the Pro controller access the Gamepad map and fast travel?

The text is small. I find me preferring to play on the Gamepad even when I do use the television. I usually primarily use off-tv play anyway and was planning the same for this game though.

I just sit the pad in front of me.

MomoQca

Did we just become best friends? Elma definitely deserves to be in Smash! She has so much potential to be a unique character.

Thanks for the response, by the way. :)

I regret my character decisions. I didn't realize he'd be too tall or that the bottom voice was going to be too gruff. Hoping I can change it within a couple of chapters.

Gyoru

I regret my character decisions. I didn't realize he'd be too tall or that the bottom voice was going to be too gruff. Hoping I can change it within a couple of chapters.

You can unlock the ability to change your character's appearance, voice, and even gender after completing a somewhat hidden sidequest chain (Yardley is the quest giver) that's available after Chapter 5.

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.

I made my character the tallest he could be and I wish he was taller. I regret the nightwing tattoo, though.

Jolkien

You would think with the giant pillar of light probe would be easy to find... hahahaha.. nope can't find shit. So annoying.

El Odio

Banned
So the guide doesn't say anything but what do the colors of armor/weapons determine in the gear menu. Not referring to the color of the text since it's clear that red means unequipable but rather blue/grey/green bars.

So the guide doesn't say anything but what do the colors of armor/weapons determine in the gear menu. Not referring to the color of the text since it's clear that red means unequipable but rather blue/grey/green bars.

Rarity.

Anyway, is it well known by now that selecting character profiles of party members in the Affinity Chart crashes the game? I've gone into that menu multiple times now and consistently reproduce the crash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom