• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kjellson

You can unlock the ability to change your character's appearance, voice, and even gender after completing a somewhat hidden sidequest chain (Yardley is the quest giver) that's available after Chapter 5.
Speaking of Yardley, I'm on the quest "Yardley's Scheme" right now, is California Sunset one of the random items you can find on Primordia? I must have picked up a billion items at Primordia but not that one.

Azuran

Banned
ok, I just got Tatsu and the game has opened up...I have no idea how to progress now. Where do I access the next story mission?

In the barracks. For chapter 4 you need to complete some missions first and survey 15% of Primordia IIRC. It should say the requirements when you select the mission.

Zafir

Speaking of Yardley, I'm on the quest "Yardley's Scheme" right now, is California Sunset one of the random items you can find on Primordia? I must have picked up a billion items at Primordia but not that one.

They can be found in the Cave you go to as part of the probe chainline. In the Silent Mire.

So as someone who has a game coming hopefully next week, what are some settings I should remember to fix as soon as I get into the game. Any sort of options or things I should work towards before I get too engrossed in the plot?

jmizzal

CVg01h_UsAAKp4Z.jpg:large

These ladies ready for work in New LA

I gotta get 15% exploration of Primordia to move on. What raises the percentage besides placing probes? I covered half the map with probes and I'm starting to find it annoying trying to find the hidden ones.

I thought landmarks would increase the percentage but I didn't notice it going up.

Neoweee

I gotta get 15% exploration of Primordia to move on. What raises the percentage besides placing probes? I covered half the map with probes and I'm starting to find it annoying trying to find the hidden ones.

I thought landmarks would increase the percentage but I didn't notice it going up.

Completing the "objective" for each hex.

I'm currently walking around in first person mode talking to people.

It's actually super weird as the camera zooms in over the shoulder so the viewpoint is slightly to the right of my character's head.

At first, I was kinda confused by this game, but now that everything has clicked together, it really is something special. I really hope it does well, the game is a fucking masterpiece.

On a somewhat related note, I really hope the folks at BioWare take note of Xenoblade X. It feels like the kind of party based open world rpg Inquisition was going for, only far more refined.

Kureransu

mini rant/question i posted somewhere else but i need an solution. help?

i played Xenoblade mindlessly didn't pay attention to anything as long as something toppled in x, what i'm doing so far is "listening" to what other characters are telling me to use during combat hoping i could topple something

I usually just auto attack, wait for something to glow, use it, then "listen " to what elma wants me to use

Sometimes i kill something really quick even if its a level higher, sometimes it takes too long to kill something even if its lower level cause i usually mess up QTE's
am i playing right :(??

In xenoblade they had chain attacks in XcX i see something similar like that line connecting your player but this time the line isn't connecting to the other NPC, just the monster so i'm confused

also I don't know how to properly "heal"my teamate, like elma died, game doesn't give me option to "revive" her, also my current class only has healing spell for my character, not the entire team

i sometimes do a QTE right and everyone heals, but that QTE feels soo random

i can't get the rhythm of this combat\rant

I don't know if the text may be too small to see, but if you see stagger you should go for the topple. Adding to that, you want to be on high ground and on the side or rear as much as possible to increase accuracy and crit chance. As far as the soul voices, they text is color coded, so just select an art that shares the color and you'll get bonuses, often including hp restore. Reviving requires 3000 tp

Soul challenges often follow up a successful soul voice chain (like if elma ask for a melee spell and you successfully pull it off, you'll get a soul challenge, or if you're going to take lethal damae, it'll often give you a soul challenge and if you succeed, you won't faint.

I may not be 100% on everything, because i'm only 3.5 hours in, but that's what i gathered in my time with it.

Vena

Man.

The view in this game is something else. Reminds me so much of when I first started Dark Souls with the same... "Go there eventually".

MihowZa

Banned
Just got done with the potato for the first time.

I was about to play more but UNC is making a slight comeback lol.

10 hours in so far and it's so fun.

How does the multiplayer work?

Get matched into a lobby with 31 other people. SQUAD mission (bottom right of screen) has 5 objectives, usually to kill something or gather something I think.

When your group of 32 completes all objectives (you won't run into people in the field, but kills in your world will count towards the SQUAD mission total) a Nemesis (difficult world boss) will spawn.

At this point you can go to the Blade Barracks and go to the console room (you'll know it's the right one because there will be a bunch of player characters walking around that you can talk to to either invite to party or ask for their division support bonus).

Here you can select a SQUAD mission to take on the Nemesis. Each squad for this can hold up to 4 people including yourself. After you've assembled the members you can launch the mission using the door to your right I believe.

bomblord1

Banned
Get matched into a lobby with 31 other people. SQUAD mission (bottom right of screen) has 5 objectives, usually to kill something or gather something I think.

When your group of 32 completes all objectives (you won't run into people in the field, but kills in your world will count towards the SQUAD mission total) a Nemesis (difficult world boss) will spawn.

At this point you can go to the Blade Barracks and go to the console room (you'll know it's the right one because there will be a bunch of player characters walking around that you can talk to to either invite to party or ask for their division support bonus).

Here you can select a SQUAD mission to take on the Nemesis. Each squad for this can hold up to 4 people including yourself. After you've assembled the members you can launch the mission using the door to your right I believe.

And these other 4 members are live people?

JulianImp

I got caught into an affinity quest I didn't know how to complete (the one where Lin has to fix something), and I had to look it up on the internet because the game doesn't allow you to quit affinity quests or take story quests simultaneously. It took me quite a while to grind the random drops from the robots, and it took me a really long while to notice I could get into Oblivia, only I was trying to get there the wrong way.

The way the game doesn't mark multi-objective missions on your map is a real pain at times like these, since I didn't find a way to know where I was supposed to go, and Tatsu's guide ball doesn't appear to work for those kinds of missions either.

And these other 4 members are live people?

3 + yourself.

When you put up the mission from the console people from your lobby will have to join it, they will get a notification.

I got caught into an affinity quest I didn't know how to complete (the one where Lin has to fix something), and I had to look it up on the internet because the game doesn't allow you to quit affinity quests or take story quests simultaneously. It took me quite a while to grind the random drops from the robots, and it took me a really long while to notice I could get into Oblivia, only I was trying to get there the wrong way.

The way the game doesn't mark multi-objective missions on your map is a real pain at times like these, since I didn't find a way to know where I was supposed to go, and Tatsu's guide ball doesn't appear to work for those kinds of missions either.

The follow ball only works for Tyrant/Normal monster kill/red collectible quests I think. I think it's kind of dumb that the Follow ball won't point you towards the collectibles you need.

Because you literally have fuck all to go on when it asks you to find a collectible that you have never seen.

Omnicent

I took this quest before stopping for the night and coming here. Seems like i'm in for a long adventure tomorrow.

JulianImp

I took this quest before stopping for the night and coming here. Seems like i'm in for a long adventure tomorrow.

Just in case you want to know where you're supposed to go for the final part of the quest:
- The tube parts are dropped by the lv9 robot enemies by the aliens' camp to the east of NLA
- The first item on the list is found by deploying mining probes (go to the map on your bottom screen and replace a set probe with a mining one, but I think you'll need to deploy several of them to get enough of that item)
- The items you need to find in Oblivia are easy to get, all you've got to do is get to the northeastern part of the map by making sure you're on high ground (you can't get into Oblivia from below), and then walk by making sure the overleveled enemies don't spot you. Most of the wildlife in Oblivia is non-violent, so you can just run around for a while until you get the five items you need

shingi70

Banned
Bleh apparently the retailer I went too most likely Won't have the game out till Tuesday.

So that said I have a $30 off coupon Xenoblade or Yoshi ambiio bundle.

I've spent almost 15 hours in the game and I haven't started Chapter 4 yet. I did a bunch of exploring in Primordia, somehow swam my way to Sylvalum by going off of the map borders and did a bit in Noctilum and Oblivia.

I love the environments in this game. And the fast travel makes it so pain free to get around to different areas that I've already been to.

105.Will

Just got the Partisan Eagle class, seems kinda bland right now. Granted i only have the first to arts, but has anyone else used it?

El Odio

Banned
I kind of wish that at least in primordia you could just tap on NLA to bring up the map for it, mostly because I find myself tapping it like 5 times before remember I have to bring it up through the menu.

Omnicent

Just in case you want to know where you're supposed to go for the final part of the quest:
- The tube parts are dropped by the lv9 robot enemies by the aliens' camp to the east of NLA
- The first item on the list is found by deploying mining probes (go to the map on your bottom screen and replace a set probe with a mining one, but I think you'll need to deploy several of them to get enough of that item)
- The items you need to find in Oblivia are easy to get, all you've got to do is get to the northeastern part of the map by making sure you're on high ground (you can't get into Oblivia from below), and then walk by making sure the overleveled enemies don't spot you. Most of the wildlife in Oblivia is non-violent, so you can just run around for a while until you get the five items you need

Thanks for the write up

Fandangox

Pro-tip # 1: Save before doing an Affinity quest.

Pro-tip # 2: DO NOT SAVE DURING AN AFFINITY QUEST.

Yeah I saved beforw starting Yelv's affinity quest haven't saved yet, but I am supposed to beat these lvl 16-19 monsters with no party members and I started it at 14 cause.it had no lvl restriction. Haven't re-started yet cause I already dis 2/3 of the missions which involved lvl 11 stuff, so I am puzzled why they didn't just put a lvl restriction on this one.

LProtag

I know people are being pretty down on the soundtrack, and granted it seems like some of the music doesn't fit the situations it's used for (in cutscenes there's been a lot of mismatch, imo), but man that tyrant battle theme is so good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom