• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I saved beforw starting Yelv's affinity quest haven't saved yet, but I am supposed to beat these lvl 16-19 monsters with no party members and I started it at 14 cause.it had no lvl restriction. Haven't re-started yet cause I already dis 2/3 of the missions which involved lvl 11 stuff, so I am puzzled why they didn't just put a lvl restriction on this one.

You can bring another person with you on Yelv's quest, if the max party limit is 3, then that means you can bring one person with you so you have 2, then Yelv will make 3.

I know people are being pretty down on the soundtrack, and granted it seems like some of the music doesn't fit the situations it's used for (in cutscenes there's been a lot of mismatch, imo), but man that tyrant battle theme is so good.

Depends on the person I guess. I for one love all the music I've heard so far.

And yeah, the Tyrant battle theme has a similar "high point" to Xenoblade's boss monster theme. You know, that part where you will intentionally drag out the fight until the music hits that particular point, then it's okay to end it if you were holding back.

Aeana

Is there any way to just add characters to my party from a menu, or do I really have to go find them individually in town?

MattyG

Banned
The soundtrack is SO good

and then the vocals hit.

Britney-Spears-Cringe-Face.gif

I know people are being pretty down on the soundtrack, and granted it seems like some of the music doesn't fit the situations it's used for (in cutscenes there's been a lot of mismatch, imo), but man that tyrant battle theme is so good.

I adore the soundtrack. Gives me some Persona vibes.

Ecto311

So is the limited edition limited limited or not? Got the standard yesterday to start playing and have the le coming from Amazon this Tuesday. Not sure to keep it in case it goes up in value or send it back since the special stuff seems boring.

jwhit28

My brother can find my scout in the same place every time, but I haven't found his once, and I can't gett him to come up in the list. My scout just chills in front of the barracks.

Salbug

So uh, running around in circles with your squad mates looked hilarious to me (especially when Tatsu starts running as well.) so I tried pairing it up with the benny hill theme. Goddamnit lol.

Kyzer

Banned
Games so huge with mechanics I get lost and confused. Love it.

Also love being able to play on the gamepad while my girlfriend watches TV. Pretty incredible at times

Is there a magical spreadsheet for this game yet? I am going to need it.

I'm looking at the one in the OP, which seems like a strong start, but the enemy names and whatnot don't match up so its usefulness is limited.

e: Bonus update: I saved in an affinity quest. The advice came too late. :(

Kinsei

Banned
If anyone is looking for crush rings and acorn abacuses they can be found in and around the poison water just outside of castaway cavern (One hexagon below the northernmost hexagon in Primordia).

Jawmuncher

I need help bad, I'm so confused on how to find stuff in this game. All I wanna do is find all the available party members but I can't. I only have the first two girls from the beginning. Even though I am on chapter 4. Where are my other party members it just said I had?

EhoaVash

i'm confused on how to find do the requirement for chapter 4?

It says Complete the following Normal Quests:

All About Blade Levels
Introduction to Conquests

when i go to the normal quest board, both of these quests are not there? where are these two quests ??

Kinsei

Banned
I'm just missing three more collectibles in Primordia to finish it's collectopedia. Anyone know where the sixth flora, third curios, and fifth curios are located?

I need help bad, I'm so confused on how to find stuff in this game. All I wanna do is find all the available party members but I can't. I only have the first two girls from the beginning. Even though I am on chapter 4. Where are my other party members it just said I had?

They are in NLA hanging out. Use your map to find them.

i'm confused on how to find do the requirement for chapter 4?

It says Complete the following Normal Quests:

All About Blade Levels
Introduction to Conquests

when i go to the normal quest board, both of these quests are not there? where are these two quests ??

Talk to the girl beside the quest board with the question mark above her head for the Blade Level quest. Go left from the board and talk to the woman with the question mark above her head for the other quest.

Golnei

Doug is in the Skell hangar, and Irina and Gwin are at opposite ends of the administrative district, left and right from the barracks entrance.

atbigelow

I need "2 energy tubes from puges"

1. what the fuck is a puge
God I hated that mission. Took forever for me to get the shit for it.

Puges are robots in the
prone area you went to earlier.
the other annoying material is
randomly dispersed in pickups in the first parts of Oblivia.

alvis.exe

Is there an easy way to get more details about all the various gear abilities/buff/debuff effects? Kind of like how you could press "+" in the first game to get a short pop-up box with more details? Because the manual doesn't really help...

I've been using the Upgrade Battle Traits in the AM Terminal to look at the gear abilities but it doesn't work on things that can't be upgraded. Like "Reflect: Physical". So is that a 100% reflect rate of all Physical attacks?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Where do you guys keep getting that sexy casual gear? I want to look good too while running around.

Depends on the piece of gear. There's like 20 different tanktops available from quests, same with a couple of uniforms, Gotta do them quests brah.

Jarmel

Banned
I'm somewhat enjoying the story but I gotta say, so much of the twists are telegraphed. I haven't even gotten to Chapter 6 and I can guess almost all the twists in the story.

I suppose that's fine but yea the foreshadowing is as subtle as a bag of bricks especially if you're looking for the twists.

I'm wondering if they're going to save one of the super big ones for the sequel.

I'm curious if some of this stuff was more subtle in the Japanese version.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I mashed A like my life depended on it xD

Just did 25k damage off one move at level 18 vs a 20 elite xD getting strong.

Found the stupid items now I get to afk for a few hours while it gathers. Worst design ever for something that prevents you from progressing the story.

My only complaint with the game atm x.x

Killing the stream for now Ill be back in a few hours

This was 5 hours ago, IT JUST FINISHED. Seriously really really bad game design on their part with this. Oh well I was busy the whole time anyways xD

Ill put my stream back on in a bit.

edit: scratch that gonna pass out early ill be streaming for 18 hours tomorrow

Is there a magical spreadsheet for this game yet? I am going to need it.

I'm looking at the one in the OP, which seems like a strong start, but the enemy names and whatnot don't match up so its usefulness is limited.
Unfortunately I won't be able to fix the names until my English copy arrives, or someone decides to help out :/
Is there an easy way to get more details about all the various gear abilities/buff/debuff effects? Kind of like how you could press "+" in the first game to get a short pop-up box with more details? Because the manual doesn't really help...

I've been using the Upgrade Battle Traits in the AM Terminal to look at the gear abilities but it doesn't work on things that can't be upgraded. Like "Reflect: Physical". So is that a 100% reflect rate of all Physical attacks?
Nope, checking the upgrade thing or comparing it to the craftable ranks are the only ways to see effects. I've got all of the effects from the ones you can make in the google sheet, but it might be a few more days before I can fill in more information on the in-between ranks.

Reflect [element] affixes add that element to the list of ones you reflect when you use an aura with a reflect effect. So, it's not going to do anything unless you use one of the few that do that(Supershield, Raijin, Astrolibrium). While it does reflect all damage of that element, some of the stronger enemies supposedly have reflect pierce for certain elements.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Neat, the Bestiary does have flavor lore text for the monsters---just for the Categories as opposed to the individual species.

This game feels so much more lively than Xenoblade did when it comes to NPCs, in that game the NPCs were all pretty bland but here I've already met quite a few who seem interesting and I like that they seem they'll develop through the game. Plus Lin is actually pretty cool, far better than her looks let on.

Is there any way to just add characters to my party from a menu, or do I really have to go find them individually in town?

yeah this is annoying because I don't know where like half of them are.

edit: also I'll ask again can we just walk to the different continents or do need to wait for story to take us there?

My local Walmart isn't selling Xenoblade Chronicles X! Like, there isn't even a space reserved for it on the shelf! They also never sold Bayonetta 2. Weird. Guess I'll have to buy it at Gamestop or Best Buy.

Edit: Totally forgot Walmart gets new game releases like a day or two later after the official release date. D'oh! It's there now.

Jarmel

Banned
edit: also I'll ask again can we just walk to the different continents or do need to wait for story to take us there?
So far I can walk to three separate continents but I think that's it without Skells as one continent has a 'hard' limiter of sorts to prevent you from going further.

Renewed

yeah this is annoying because I don't know where like half of them are.

You can just walk there. I got bored of waiting for white cometites for my affinity quest so I decided to swim to Sylvalum and get the first probe set up. Was gonna keep going but I noticed my quest was ready to hand in.

Dad

Does anybody know if party members not in the active party will still gain experience? I want to dump Lin while I'm doing sidequests, but that's really going to be a chore if I have to haul her level 12 ass to the next story mission she's required for

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom