• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.

R00bot

yeah this is annoying because I don't know where like half of them are.

edit: also I'll ask again can we just walk to the different continents or do need to wait for story to take us there?

If you're not doing any story chapters you should be able to walk there, Idk if all story chapters restrict you but I was midway through chapter three and decided to walk to Oblivia, but was stopped by an invisible wall and a message from Elma telling me I should really get back to NLA to
tell Van Dam about the Prone.

R00bot

So how is Off TV play? Has anyone given it a shot yet?

Not as bad as people might have had you believe, it's easy to swap to the map if you need it. Getting through the start menu blind is kinda an issue, but you should just be able to press A and wait for it to load (you won't know it's loading on the GamePad...).

Renewed

So how is Off TV play? Has anyone given it a shot yet?

Yeah. It's serviceable but as expected, the text sucks. Otherwise I can do everything just fine. Touching the Gamepad brings up the buttons to tap and I usually only switch to Segment Map when I know I'm safe (since there's no main screen sound if you're not using Off TV play).

R00bot

Does anybody know if party members not in the active party will still gain experience? I want to dump Lin while I'm doing sidequests, but that's really going to be a chore if I have to haul her level 12 ass to the next story mission she's required for

I don't think so... Not 100% though.

I was on the verge of hitting the "purchase" button in the eShop then I looked down at the required space and saw 22 GB!!!! Holy crap! I need to get an external drive to play this game.

This game is going to cost me upwards of $100 if I wanna play it. I only have 8.7 GBs available.

alvis.exe

Nope, checking the upgrade thing or comparing it to the craftable ranks are the only ways to see effects. I've got all of the effects from the ones you can make in the google sheet, but it might be a few more days before I can fill in more information on the in-between ranks.

Reflect [element] affixes add that element to the list of ones you reflect when you use an aura with a reflect effect. So, it's not going to do anything unless you use one of the few that do that(Supershield, Raijin, Astrolibrium). While it does reflect all damage of that element, some of the stronger enemies supposedly have reflect pierce for certain elements.

Meh to both answers haha.

Thanks for the reply though!

Jeez.. looks like Gaf is steam rolling threw this game. Because of work I only got to do one affinity mission and survey only 17.6% of Primordia.

Music is still epic.

Formless

onto a different PLEAAAAHNETT

I think I like the first game more but this one is so nice with the gamepad and easy access everything. I actually feel like doing sidequests.

Soapbox Killer

Grand Nagus
So now that this game is out, I'm wondering about the old argument that this game would run just as well on PS360. I haven't gotten my copy yet but these screen look beyond anything I've seen last gen. Just curious to see what the public thinks now that the game is on tv's in the home.

(not trying to derail or start any fuss )

MihowZa

Banned
So I accepted the affinity quest A New Rival? and now i have to wait until I get 3000 research in one shot? Like I can't get another affinity or story quest? What am I supposed to do

So, looks like learned arts go away when you change class? Or is that just related to the weapons your new class can use?

I'm really regretting leveling up some arts now. Battle points lost in time, like tears in the rain.

Vena

Climbed high. Hot damn this view.

lDaU2Ku.jpg

Gattsu25

Banned
Pretty sure chain bonuses for mining probes doesn't affect their money output, just miranium. But tourist spots give 1000G each at a probe spot if you have a research probe set there. They scale with the probe's effectiveness, too, so a single G1(200%) should be nearly enough. FN Spot 117 would be perfect for that, as there's an easy to reach cave under the larger rockdome that should count for its tourist spot.

Change some of your mining probes back to the default (or research if you have them). Is one of your research probes up by the cave Kirsty asks you to check out in her second quest? If not put one there as it gets a boost because people will want to check out pictures of the cave.

Thanks. Specifically, thanks for pointing out that revenue increases once points of interest such as the cave are located. That took care of it for me.

Jarmel

Banned
So, looks like learned arts go away when you change class? Or is that just related to the weapons your new class can use?

I'm really regretting leveling up some arts now. Battle points lost in time, like tears in the rain.

Arts are now attached to weapons. Choose a class that uses that weapon and you get that art back.

rhandino

Banned
So I accepted the affinity quest A New Rival? and now i have to wait until I get 3000 research in one shot? Like I can't get another affinity or story quest? What am I supposed to do
From a little earlier in the thread...

It took me all of five minutes. It's literally just having enough probes out, and then waiting for the accrual of credits. I already had like 4 or so probes out so it came in no time flat for me. If you were paying attention, you can change your probes, and there are ones that maximize the amount of credits you get. Once you have it all set, it comes quickly.

Also, you might want to spend that time leveling up because the battle that follows is a bit tough.

And maybe also this:

Game is VERY poor on explaining data probe deal, read a topic on gamefaqs, where people were being lazy as hell with explaining as well. So I'm looking at the map trying to improve my survey rate I'm in a hexagon or segment with no installation or red beam. Around this area are dark hexagons that activate when I install the probe, apparently I have to do something in these areas to activate the beam, but I am not informed of what. Clicking on each hexagon does absolutely nothing outside of just a quick highlight animation of the segment, on the gamepad or screen, I get no info, yet that's what people are telling others to do.
There is a whole (optional) quest that works as a tutorial on data probes, it even gives you some extra probes and teaches you about the different kind of probes and linking many probes for increased production.

Edit: You need to instal a data probe, there is a tutorial for this in the early game. After that you can click on the hexagon of a data probe to get some info about it, and change which kind of probe is used. Depending on the probe used you will get different amount of resources every cicle.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
When you change your Probes, do you get the previous ones back, or do you need to re-purchase more?

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Awesome, I was worried about using Probes till I figured out the best layout as I wasn't sure they came back to you.

This game like the original is just so nice to the player.

Mupod

well I got a sidequest to go find some stuff with very vague locational directions. Not as bad as the previous game in that it actually told me what region I should be looking, but it was still a needle in a haystack. By the time I finally found the goddamned thing I'd already scouted almost every inch of Noctilum. At level 16.

On the upside, I'm getting money so fast now that I should be able to buy Amdusias right off the bat by the time I get my Skell license in a few hundred years.

105.Will

God, i just got stuck in an affinity mission and had to run half way across the damn world to finish it. on the up side it puts into perspective how HUGE the world is

Leatherface

I think I'm finally coming to grips with this game. Whew. Was worried at first. I felt like I was wondering around aimlessly and was starting to get bored from lack of knowing wtf to do and what was going on. There is just so much to take in, from the combat, to the probes, fast travel, squads, skills,classes, divisions. Christ. It's just a lot to take in at once and very different to what I'm used to in a RPG. Anyway, I'm having a ton of fun now. This game is absolutely fantastic. Anyone on the fence I'd say to give it a go and try not to get turned off at the steep learning curve at the beginning. Take your time, read the manual, run around and place probes and things will start to fall in place. Once it does prepare for epic awesomness! :D

Wagram

How exactly do you initiate combos in this? I have a bunch of abilities that say this, but no idea how to activate a combo lol.

tizaffy

Neo Member
So ive been pumping all this miranium into arms manufacturers but when i go to the shop terminal i can not buy any of the AMs products??? where do you buy weapons from the ams??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom