• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.

zroid

Banned
So ive been pumping all this miranium into arms manufacturers but when i go to the shop terminal i can not buy any of the AMs products??? where do you buy weapons from the ams??
Isn't it from the adjacent terminal? I might be wrong havent spent much time with the AMs yet

Kinsei

Banned
Noctilim sure is beautiful.

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01ezp2p.jpg

yeah ive been there and i cant see any weapons from the manufacturers o_O only the weapons i could always see.

They're there but have different names than what showed up when you upgraded the manufacturer.

How do you pump Miranium into the arms manufacturers anyway?

The console to the right of the one you use to shop.

Mupod

How do you pump Miranium into the arms manufacturers anyway?

there's a terminal next to the shop. I'm at the point now where my 15k limit gets almost maxed out in one 'deposit' so I keep upgrading them, but there's never anything I want to buy. All I can think about is saving money for when I can finally get a Skell, heh.

Actually it's not clear to me what triggers the miranium/money deposits. Is it just in-game time?

How exactly do you initiate combos in this? I have a bunch of abilities that say this, but no idea how to activate a combo lol.

curious myself. I gave up trying to figure it out and switched to a different ability.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
there's a terminal next to the shop. I'm at the point now where my 15k limit gets almost maxed out in one 'deposit' so I keep upgrading them, but there's never anything I want to buy. All I can think about is saving money for when I can finally get a Skell, heh.

Actually it's not clear to me what triggers the miranium/money deposits. Is it just in-game time?

I think so. You also get cash from it too, if you set it up right.

Wagram

curious myself. I gave up trying to figure it out and switched to a different ability.

Did some research. Apparently if an ability says "combos into range" or something like that. It means you have to use a range ability first, and then the ability that has that description.

Thoraxes

Oh man, I forgot to adjust the overscan for my capture card. Was taking all these nice direct-feed shots @720p but has a border lol.

mygreatcapturescreensdgs1q.png
mygreatcapturescreensmgs54.png

Jims

After making a basic mineral probe combo and racking up Miranium, I am tempted to just become the Miranium King and never have to worry about it again. But then I remembered I have to buy a Skell later...

Do you guys buy stuff in the armory very often? When I played through the original Xenoblade, I kinda relied on enemy drops almost the whole game (and supplemented where necessary), and the drops seem plentiful in this one too. I'm sure continually upgrading the arms manufacturers will payoff for some crazy gear later on, but it seems like I'm better off just saving my cash for now.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
After making a basic mineral probe combo and racking up Miranium, I am tempted to just become the Miranium King and never have to worry about it again. But then I remembered I have to buy a Skell later...

Do you guys buy stuff in the armory very often? When I played through the original Xenoblade, I kinda relied on enemy drops almost the whole game, and the drops seem plentiful in this one too. I'm sure continually upgrading the arms manufacturers will payoff for some crazy gear later on, but it seems like I'm better off just saving my cash for now.

You get enough drops, but I also spent some cash on armor for my team as they were falling behind due to me saving all the good stuff for myself. Keep in mind that you can also rig the probes to create money for you.

Arts are now attached to weapons. Choose a class that uses that weapon and you get that art back.
Alright, thanks.

A little bummed I wasted some exp on lame knife arts since I am on the path to becoming a Jedi Galactic Knight, but at least now that I have my Light Photon Saber I should be in business.

Renewed

I thought I wouldn't be tricked like the spider from Xenoblade. But goddammit, always in the most unexpected ways. Now I'm gonna have nightmares.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
What triggers getting items from your mining probes? Is it time based or? (yes, I'm doing The Repair Job :( )

Rnr1224

Took on the mission to get my Skell and im having trouble finding the materials
Proficiency Exam 5

I know where they are supposed to be but I cannot find them for the life of me. Especially the ones in Oblivia since I cannot find a route to get to Lake Basel

Any help would be appreciated

P.S. sorry about the spoiler tags, not sure what could be considered a spoiler or not for quest details so I figure id play it safe.

Took on the mission to get my Skell and im having trouble finding the materials
Proficiency Exam 5

I know where they are supposed to be but I cannot find them for the life of me. Especially the ones in Oblivia since I cannot find a route to get to Lake Basel

Any help would be appreciated

P.S. sorry about the spoiler tags, not sure what could be considered a spoiler or not for quest details so I figure id play it safe.
Route to the lake is way out of the way south around the mountain.

ViciousDS

Banned
I'm lost on what arts to give to my companions.....there's too many. They also bump old skills out when new skills unlock.....its getting to be overwhelming.

Does the strat guide help with art builds?

Stupid question : what are the best ways to heal myself and my teammates ? I'm 7h in and it seems the only thing I can do is finish the battle before getting killed. Thanks.

Kitoro

For The Probe-Fessional, how does one install a data probe and change it to a mining probe G1? I have the material to do it, just not sure how...

EDIT: Scratch that.. More need for the damned Gamepad...

Freeman76

Buying this game has reminded me how crap the Wii U is as a functional unit. I have no space to add data packs, and none of my External HDD are the 'right type'. I cant play with headphones in unless I have the whole game through the gamepad. I cant plug my turtle beach headphones into it either as it has no optical out. Piece of shit, if it wasn't for the games I would donate the thing to charity. As it stands, I am loving this game and so glad I never sold the brick

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
The damage rayguns do is hilarious, never gets old stripping half life off a tyrant

Stupid question : what are the best ways to heal myself and my teammates ? I'm 7h in and it seems the only thing I can do is finish the battle before getting killed. Thanks.
dont spam skills used whats asked for

Azuran

Banned
Probably been asked plenty of times but does anyone have a list for the collectible's locations? I need some Zizi Rabbits for some clothes but I have absolutely no idea where to get them.

Renewed

Probably been asked plenty of times but does anyone have a list for the collectible's locations? I need some Zizi Rabbits for some clothes but I have absolutely no idea where to get them.

Around the northwest, I remember finding one on my trip for a story chapter. This is from the Prima guide. FN sites 101, 103, 105, and 106 according to Gessenkou's spreadsheet.

Malus

Just figured out certain enemies don't aggro depending on time of day. Helped me get a probe down :)

16 hours in and Chapter 4 is waiting for me in the barracks. Still haven't explored outside of Primordia. This game just nails exploration. I walk down the streets of NLA and overhear someone talk about some wreckage in primordia. Warp there, don't know how to get onto the cliff where the wreckage is. So I run around the paths until I stumble upon a data probe. Keep wandering trying to find the wreckage and I find some guarded ruins with treasure.

The cave music in this game is a big improvement over the original. And Black Tar and the NLA themes are still amazing ;)

Azuran

Banned
Around the northwest, I remember finding one on my trip for a story chapter. This is from the Prima guide. FN sites 101, 103, 105, and 106 according to Gessenkou's spreadsheet.

Perfect, that's exactly what I was looking for. Thanks a lot!

AnnTiPa

Couple of questions:

1) Is there really no way to check what all these weapon/armor buffs do? Sure, some are self explanatory like Melee Attack Up III, but when there's something like Invigorate II it would really help to know what it does before I choose to buy an armor piece with it. I remember seeing explanations for those when creating them but surely that's not the only way? Leaving the shop, running to a different console, checking the buff and running back to the shop is really not feasible.

2) On the segment map, if the segment icon is a tyrant/mission icon, does it mean there's a quest/tyrant available on that segment or do I need to pick up from somewhere else and come back to that segment to complete it? I know if there's a treasure icon I can just find it and the area will be explored.

Kinsei

Banned
Couple of questions:

1) Is there really no way to check what all these weapon/armor buffs do? Sure, some are self explanatory like Melee Attack Up III, but when there's something like Invigorate II it would really help to know what it does before I choose to buy an armor piece with it. I remember seeing explanations for those when creating them but surely that's not the only way? Leaving the shop, running to a different console, checking the buff and running back to the shop is really not feasible.

2) On the segment map, if the segment icon is a tyrant/mission icon, does it mean there's a quest/tyrant available on that segment or do I need to pick up from somewhere else and come back to that segment to complete it? I know if there's a treasure icon I can just find it and the area will be explored.

You can just find the tyrant and fight it. Of course you will have no idea when it shows up during theday unless you overhear a conversation about it first though.

Pitmonkey

Genuinely starting to get frustrated with his game. No mission will work - prompt any type of indicator - and it won't let me advance in story.

AGoodODST

You'd have thought that Primordia being the starting area things would be nice and easy.

No, everything will fuck you up.

Found some dude looking for his friend, who I found no problem. But wait, he's lost his communicator. No problem pal, I'll just pop up this hill and get it - Oh hello pack of level 34 Drex what are you up to? Oh you're here to kill me? Okay.

Dead. :p

That should be the tag line for the game: Xenoblade Chronicles X: Everything will fuck you up.

LowParry

Hmmmm. So I'm a huge huge fan of the Xenosaga games. Having a hell of a time trying to enjoy Fallout 4, then gave that new Sword Art Online a go and not really feeling it. However the main reason I wanted SOA was to do most of the multiplayer and as a end result, I'd get teamed up with people who were like lvl 500+. So with this game when it comes to multiplayer, does it match you up to same level players or just whoever signs up for the quest? (Or better, how does multiplayer work in this game). Either way I enjoy the visuals of this game so much. Think I'd be good to go with this type of game?

Kinsei

Banned
Hmmmm. So I'm a huge huge fan of the Xenosaga games. Having a hell of a time trying to enjoy Fallout 4, then gave that new Sword Art Online a go and not really feeling it. However the main reason I wanted SOA was to do most of the multiplayer and as a end result, I'd get teamed up with people who were like lvl 500+. So with this game when it comes to multiplayer, does it match you up to same level players or just whoever signs up for the quest? (Or better, how does multiplayer work in this game). Either way I enjoy the visuals of this game so much. Think I'd be good to go with this type of game?

Not sure how multiplayer works as after 10 hours I still can't access it. This probably isn;t a game to buy for the multiplayer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom